What's new

Rudy

To an extent sure, but I think a lot of the team has been annoyed with Rudy this season, this isn’t just Rudy v Donovan.
There are multiple sources (Spencer, Bill, Woj, etc) who have referenced uneasiness, unsettled feelings, lockerroom issues and even long term stuff regarding Rudy. Fair or not, it's being reported on. I'm not saying there is fire, but there is smoke.

When Rudy himself went public about touches early in the season, that was his decision. He took a hit publicly for that but not one teammate threw him under the bus when they could have for going outside the lockerroom.

I think Rudy has annoyed teammates for years, but the juice was worth the squeeze. Maybe this whole time off changes that perspective. Will be interesting to see what transpires in the next 3 months.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Wanting to win? Is that what you call all the pouting he did? Nah. Rudy wanted to force things he isn’t good at.
Pouting??? Really? Sounds like you're a diva too! How many pairs of Mitchell's shoes do you have now??? :rolleyes:

I’ve said it 1000 times so I’ll say it 10001 times...

WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED RUDY INSTEAD OF FAVORS!

So many mistakes from the FO these last few years...

I've said before that there was just something wrong with the Jazz this season. There were too many times where the team would crumble and give up amazing runs.

Pouting??? Really? Sounds like you're a diva too! How many pairs of Mitchell's shoes do you have now??? :rolleyes:
National writers who have media votes for DPOY have literally said they wouldn’t be voting for Rudy because he was pouting way to much this year. Yes. Everyone noticed it. If you’d didn’t you’re being willfully blind to it. Rudy was a baby most the season.

National writers who have media votes for DPOY have literally said they wouldn’t be voting for Rudy because he was pouting way to much this year.

Which says more about the writers than Rudy. I didn't realize there's a "character" component to the NBA awards now.

Which says more about the writers than Rudy. I didn't realize there's a "character" component to the NBA awards now.
He was pouting and not playing defense lol. No it says more about Rudy.

I don't understand how Infection can make all these assumption and impute motives to people based on hearsay and no other information. He's just guessing.

If teammates were getting annoyed at Rudy wanting to win, then, well, they are the divas, not Rudy. This whole situation is big mess and I feel bad for Rudy.

It's all speculations on our part. Maybe Rudy was annoyed by less touches not because of winning but cause he knew it could hurt his allstar chances. And to me the ultimate test if he is all about winning will be his next contract. He should realise that getting supermax would seriously diminish our chances at getting better.

There were times when Rudy or Bradley was made to look like the village idiot when someone would get beat off the dribble or just lose the player they were guarding, the big would move over to help and the offensive player would drop it to the big's man for an easy basket. In the scorebook it is looking like the big is playing horrible D but it is because his teammates can't guard a chair.

I don't think he wanted to be here at that trade deadline, but I think he was good with it by summer. Memphis getting #2/Morant, Conley losing his minutes/role, and workouts with Donovan/others all made it seem like he was happy to come to a relevant team.

If I had to rate his happiness now, I would say it's back to indifferent. He probably isn't happy now for a number of reasons.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

He's a 32 year-old point guard making $32M per year. He's never been an All Star and has only been to the WCF once. I'm not sure what he's expecting. The Jazz have as good a situation for him as any team that could fit him into their salary structure. Maybe he'd rather be coolin it in Miami or Chicago, but those options weren't on the table.

Last edited:
He does. It’s literally his job and what he’s getting paid to do.

He's working just as hard as the other guys. What moral grounds could you possibly have for asking one of your employees to work harder than others?

He's working just as hard as the other guys. What moral grounds could you possibly have for asking one of your employees to work harder than others?
The one getting paid over $20 million a year specifically because of his defense and the one super max eligible because of back to back DPOY awards, yeah. I hold him to a higher standard, and that’s not wrong. Do your job and stop whining.

I've said before that there was just something wrong with the Jazz this season. There were too many times where the team would crumble and give up amazing runs.

I don't know what happened at the end of the Denver game, where the Jazz were up by 5 or so with under 2 mins left and ended by giving up a big run to lose. Apparently, DL was fuming mad after that game.

I don't know what happened at the end of the Denver game, where the Jazz were up by 5 or so with under 2 mins left and ended by giving up a big run to lose. Apparently, DL was fuming mad after that game.

I remember being beyond pissed but I don't remember the details of the final few minutes. I do remember Don sucked *** though.