What's new

Rudy's comments

oneye

2018 Award Winner
If I'm blind and theres another thread about this I'm sorry, what is everyones thoughts on Rudy's comments that show a bit of frustration

I mean, Rudy, Quin is a good coach, if it was such a good idea you’d think he’d do it...

That said, I think he’s determined to be an allstar and he knows he has to score a bit to do it

My thoughts are Rudy should have developed a single post move and then a counter/variation off of that, at least, to say this.

Outside of a lob, he looks terrible 9/10 times with the ball in his hands longer than 2 seconds, inside the paint.

I've been saying this for a while and been told how ridiculously stupid it is to have a center post up. Its common basketball but .. can Rudy do it? He's done it a few times already and Quin has even drew up plays for him but he's struggled at times. It would be huge and the next step in his development.

Let's be honest. He is been terrible posting up. We would love he were Hakeem but he doesn't have it. I don't think he could ever develop into an elite post up player to justify the less efficient play in bb. Let him have dunks and lobs at the rim. His teammates need to find him.

I've been saying this for a while and been told how ridiculously stupid it is to have a center post up. Its common basketball but .. can Rudy do it? He's done it a few times already and Quin has even drew up plays for him but he's struggled at times. It would be huge and the next step in his development.
It’s a really inefficient shot to be posting up. I just don’t think it’s a real benefit. Dunks and tip ins will get him plenty of points a night IMO.

Let's be honest. He is been terrible posting up. We would love he were Hakeem but he doesn't have it. I don't think he could ever develop into an elite post up player to justify the less efficient play in bb. Let him have dunks and lobs at the rim. His teammates need to find him.
I do understand why they don’t always pass it to him inside though lol.

Snyder's teams start slow and struggle to shoot well early so to hard practices. Players after more fatigue and over thinking things. This leads to missed open shots and slow offense. It will fix itself. Teams are packing in against us still and we aren't making them pay consistently, we will. That will open things up for Rudy. The game will slow down for the new players as well.

I love Rudy but I hated these comments. Why say this in the media instead of talking to teammates or coaches about it? He does some things on offense very well, he's probably the best screen setter in the league and he has great gravity rolling to the rim and is obviously very good at catching lobs. But he also fumbles a lot of passes because he doesn't have great hands and is vey clumsy and awkward when he tries to post up, even when guarded by smaller players. He's been terrible from 3 feet or more outside the basket for his whole career. After breaking the dunk record last season opponents are understandably guarding him differently this year, they're keeping a man between him and the basket most of the time to prevent lobs and dunks. Not sure what he wants his teammates to do.

Was that comment for Conley?

And I agree that now is not the time for Rudy to air grievances.
I agree 100%. This is not the time or way to be saying this. Go to coach or talk to your teammates not the media. Donovan’s leadership is the kind you need, here’s his reaction after last nights game. This is leadership and holding a team together.

I get Rudy wants to be an All Star but it will come. If you want the ball more grab a hold of it and stop being an automatic TO when you get it. Idk what exactly he expects, you can’t get a lob most times, teams are focused on it now, and you aren’t great at things outside that. That isn’t a nock, just stick to what you’re good at.

Also considering he references the Rockets series from last year I think this is aimed at the coaching staff, as well as Donovan and Conley obviously. Sorry Rudy, I’ll take Donovan’s pull up mid range he’s money on over you trying to fumble through a post up of some sort. Okay now I’m feeling rude.

I love Rudy and his comments. I thought his comments were merely an echoing of what Quin and Dennis O'Lindsey have said in the past.

For maybe three years, and certainly the last two the jazz have customized an offense that emphasizes Rudys strengths and hides his weaknesses. As many of you have pointed out post ups are not his strength. He knows that, he knows his strength is catching it high and dunking.

He wants more touches at the rim, and fewer passes from Conley when he is 8 ft from the basket (Locke and Boone noted it kept happening last night).

The real Jazz problem is Conley wants to beat his guy and have no one else in front of him (Gasol would pop) but Rudy has to roll, it is what he is. The lane is clogged for Conley, and Rudy ain't getting his either. Jazz got 55 million in salary committed to these two incompatible players.

Worse, the roster doesn't offer either guy a break. Meaning, when Rudy goes off the floor he is replaced with Davis or Bradley who play close to the basket like Gobert. Still no pop for Conley. And when Conley sits pg duties go to Mitchell or Mudiay two guys determined to get theirs.

Quin has proven to be resourceful. He made Nerdward and then made Rudy and Mitchell with a ragtag cast. He might find a fix here before the whole thing implodes.

Another Exum diss in a thread about Rudy's comments. what a shock?

Rudy has a point. Conley has been terrible with lobbying the ball to him. Beside the fact Rudy gets 5-6 shots a game while Conley is bricking 14 shots a game. However, Rudy certainly hasn't improve his offensive game. Teams are taking away the Dunk. During the HOuston series he was getting pushed around. His COG is part of the problem. However when you are one dimensional on offense teams can adjust.

If Rudy wants to be considered the best center he needs to improve his offensive skills. Imagine if guys had to come out 12-15 to guard him and he could use his long stride to go by them for easy dunks. Now they are just packing it in and pushing him out.

Another Exum diss in a thread about Rudy's comments. what a shock?

Rudy has a point. Conley has been terrible with lobbying the ball to him. Beside the fact Rudy gets 5-6 shots a game while Conley is bricking 14 shots a game. However, Rudy certainly hasn't improve his offensive game. Teams are taking away the Dunk. During the HOuston series he was getting pushed around. His COG is part of the problem. However when you are one dimensional on offense teams can adjust.

If Rudy wants to be considered the best center he needs to improve his offensive skills. Imagine if guys had to come out 12-15 to guard him and he could use his long stride to go by them for easy dunks. Now they are just packing it in and pushing him out.
Please explain the Exum diss?