What's new

Rumor I heard about DWill

MoTappin

My husband has a friend at work whose buddy owns or manages a Greek restaurant in Murray, UT that Deron used to frequent (they have a special named after him). According to the guy at the restaurant (who my husband's friend says got to be pretty chummy with Deron), Amy (Deron's wife) isn't too fond of the big city scene and has told Deron to do whatever is necessary to come back to Utah.

Now, when my husband told me this I thought, "nahhh." But who knows. I don't know what (if any) chance there is of Deron coming back here or if they'd want to pay him to do so. But if his wife really does want to be back here, you gotta wonder. That's IF this little tidbit is true.

I was always fond of Deron when he was here, until he started acting like a diva. As much as I love watching him play and despite his huge talent level, I gotta admit I kinda like the way things are going for the Jazz right now without him, especially chemistry-wise. Devin Harris isn't a top 10 PG, but as others have pointed out here, how many teams have won championships in the last 10 years on the back of a superstar PG?

Just thought it was an interesting piece of information, if true. Take it or leave it I guess. I don't think Deron realized how good he had it here. Of course, the Jazz probably wouldn't have the pieces they do if he were still around.

I would be ok only if the old Deron came back.. Not the one we traded last year. No whinning, no publicly taking things out on teammates, no articles in the paper about problems with the coach...

I've been thinking about Deron lately. I think if Favors progresses a lot and Kanter starts looking really good we wouldn't win a championship on Deron's back. But If those things happened and we had Deron I'd like our chances in the next few years. That's hoping (assuming) he'd have found a little humility and buy-in to what Ty is doing. He'd actually make this team A LOT better right now.

My friend's cousin's best friend's dog washer heard from her husband's Nephew's John Deere supplier that once Deron is back in town that Jerry Sloan will come back to lead the Jazz.

I wonder what number Williams would have if he came back here, since Josh Howard has #8. That's probably the deal breaker.

My friend's cousin's best friend's dog washer heard from her husband's Nephew's John Deere supplier that once Deron is back in town that Jerry Sloan will come back to lead the Jazz.

I would be more intrigued to see what Corbin could do with the current team and DWill over what Sloan could do with them.

Just thought it was an interesting piece of information, if true. Take it or leave it I guess. I don't think Deron realized how good he had it here. Of course, the Jazz probably wouldn't have the pieces they do if he were still around.

This is exactly right. I do think Deron is getting some sober experience right now. He's not playing well, his team sucks, and he seems almost forgotten. Sure, teams will be after him when he becomes a Free Agent. But I think Deron is finding how just how ungreen the grass is in NJ.

Now, I don't think there is much chance at all that Deron comes back.

But just to play along.
If Deron did come back, it would certainly start conspiracy theories. Deron getting traded so the jazz could get Favors and draft picks, so Deron could come back later to a stacked team, totally screwing NJ in the process.
Deron may like Ty more than Jerry, and if he got some humility in the year playing at NJ...

Well, obviously, having Deron on this team with the talent we now have, as long as Deron bought into the system...Yeah, it would be great.
Also highly unlikely, and not something I will spend much time thinking about.

i guess sarcasm eludes you

No I realised your comment for what it was. I just remembered the thread where they talked about Howard in depth and posted a comment I wanted to make. Just because you are sarcastic does not mean I have to be.

Unless the Nets pull of a trade for Dwight Howard, I'll be surprised if Williams is playing for any team other than Dallas next year. I'm sure Amy can adjust to living there.

Ah yes, I know the special. It's called the "Anti-hero Gyro."
You start with a skewer of Sloan, garnish with sour grapes and serve it up with an air of arrogance. Also feel free to glare, scowl and wave your hands angrily at the rest of the staff if they make any kind of mistake, especially those who may be brand new.

I'm sure Deron has already pitched Amy on how wonderful the Dallas area is. I'd say there's virtually no chance of him returning to Utah. I'd love the Deron of 4 years ago, but the truth is, he's become a rich man's Arroyo. He's in love with himself and his dribbling prowess. He always tried to break his man down with a cross-over and if he couldn't do that, the Jazz wpuld have less than 10 seconds to get a shot off. Whomever the Jazz bring in as their future PG, I'd like to see him actually run the ball up the court and for the Jazz to immediately start passing the ball around.

8436749-gyros-or-kebab.jpg

Last edited:
Opa! What's Greek for Best Buy?

Seeign as how you capitalised your words I assume you mean the store. Then the answer is Best Buy. Names stay the same. For example if a guy from mexico moves here and his name is Juan we still call him Juan and not John.