What's new

Rumor that Quin could replace Popovich when he retires

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
According to Marc Stein, he's hearing Snyder's name mentioned as a possible Popovich successor in San Antonio.

How many more years is Quin under contract with Jazz
Can he get out early?
Could Jazz FO know anything about this?

giphy.gif

Observing online Spurs fans, it sounds like they’re all either expecting or wanting Becky Hammon. They wanted Pop to retire last year because they thought she’d get snatched up. I’m not certain what that translates to for the Spurs FO, though.

I mean we should theoretically be able to get back a first if we wanted to trade him, right? It wouldn’t shock me, Ainge has done it before
He’d trade the **** out of Quin… in like 6 months he’d have gained total power in the org.

Observing online Spurs fans, it sounds like they’re all either expecting or wanting Becky Hammon. They wanted Pop to retire last year because they thought she’d get snatched up. I’m not certain what that translates to for the Spurs FO, though.
Becky just took the job as the head coach of the Las Vegas Aces. So Spurs fans were right

They can have him as far as I’m concerned. We need a coach that’s willing to make split second decisions concerning challenges and adjustments. After watching Jason Kidd challenge that three foul on Luka yesterday that changed the outcome of the game, that could have been our story as well in the Spurs game and the phantom three foul on House.

I’m glad Snyder looks a winner with the Mcconaughey movie coach thing, but it’s fools gold imo.

Last edited:
I guess the question is why would he? What makes San Antonio a better situation than Utah?
He may see he is on his way down... most coaches have a limited life cycle with one team unless they get Tim Duncan or are Erik Spoelstra with Pat Riley's backing. SA is obviously a stable environment and he could get 5-10 years to rebuild the program. With Danny Ainge on board it won't be long before the Brad Stevens wants to coach again rumors start swirling. I'm only kind of kidding.

Quin is one of the leagues better coaches. He definitely has some coaching weaknesses but who doesn't. I just don't think a different coach would have done that much of a better job than Quin already has given the talent of this squad.

I guess the question is why would he? What makes San Antonio a better situation than Utah?
Age of the roster. This jazz team already peaked last year. It's all down hill from here. You simply can't fight against age no matter how good of a coach you are. Not many coaches would wanna be the one stuck with contract year 2 and 3 of Mike Conley and Gay.

Becky just took the job as the head coach of the Las Vegas Aces. So Spurs fans were right
Yeah, that's just because she was told "You have no experience as a head coach" so she needed to get that under her belt. In 1-2 years, she'll come back to the NBA as a head coach.

They can have him as far as I’m concerned. We need a coach that’s willing to make split second decisions concerning challenges and adjustments. After watching Jason Kidd challenge that three foul on Luka yesterday that changed the outcome of the game, that could have been our story as well in the Spurs game and the phantom three foul on House.

I’m glad Snyder looks a winner with the Mcconaughey movie coach thing, but it’s fools gold imo.
I watched that a bunch of times on replay. House hit Vassel on the arm. It wouldn’t have gotten overturned.

Yeah, that's just because she was told "You have no experience as a head coach" so she needed to get that under her belt. In 1-2 years, she'll come back to the NBA as a head coach.
We’ll see, she will already be the highest payed coach in WNBA history when she starts the job. And Davis who owns the Aces (also owns the Raiders) has deep pockets. So I can see her sicking there if she likes it