What's new

Russell Westbrook and the Utah Jazz

I'm torn on Westbrook (just like his knees). What I don't like is his attitude. The last thing we need is a locker room cancer like Deron.

I love his attitude.
Ultra competitive..... tons of swagger..... hates to lose.... vocal leader.... seems fun loving

Michael jordan and kobe are/were both kinda jerks....... because they were ultra-competitive

This jazz team dont need no more nice guys

Yes if you were GM they'd be most successful franchise of all time

I wouldn't have let Harden go, that's for sure, and I had stated this before he left. And we all know OKC's biggest weakness is a scorer inside. That was evident before Harden left, so yes, if I were GM, they likely would've won a title by now. Hey, but I'm only Eenie-Meenie and don't get the respect I deserve -- like RD.

I wouldn't have let Harden go, that's for sure, and I had stated this before he left. And we all know OKC's biggest weakness is a scorer inside. That was evident before Harden left, so yes, if I were GM, they likely would've won a title by now. Hey, but I'm only Eenie-Meenie and don't get the respect I deserve -- like RD.

You should have applied to be the Knicks GM. Woulda done a wayyyy better job than that asshat Phil Jackson. Isaiah Thomas would have had fie titles by now.

I love his attitude.
Ultra competitive..... tons of swagger..... hates to lose.... vocal leader.... seems fun loving

Michael jordan and kobe are/were both kinda jerks....... because they were ultra-competitive

This jazz team dont need no more nice guys

Must spread rep.

How do you like your cookies? Warm and gooey or cold and crisp?

So did you watch last night's game? Westbrook made some phenomenal plays but OKC lost and Durant was taken out of the game for long periods because Westbrook was doing all this one-on-one stuff and took a lot of ill-advised shots. The guy is not good for team chemistry.

You guys complain about Trey shooting too much and now you want Westbrook. The Guy missed 20+ shots to get his 30 pts.

Beside the fact that he has had two major injuries to his knees, I think the kid has a ton of talent but are his numbers helping the team win. It is debatable.

So did you watch last night's game? Westbrook made some phenomenal plays but OKC lost and Durant was taken out of the game for long periods because tony allen was guarding him and denying the ball and durant is too soft to do anything about it

Fixed

To some extent, but I seriously believe that they would be better off with Reggie Jackson at the point and Westbrook on the bench. He is not good for chemistry. He needs to play under more control. And they should post up Durant against Allen. But they won't do it because of Westbrook, but it may be a way to get him to look for the pass more instead of taking on three guys for his shot.

To some extent, but I seriously believe that they would be better off with Reggie Jackson at the point and Westbrook on the bench. He is not good for chemistry. He needs to play under more control. And they should post up Durant against Allen. But they won't do it because of Westbrook, but it may be a way to get him to look for the pass more instead of taking on three guys for his shot.

Ya westbrook doesnt fit well on that team.

He needs to be on a team where he is The Man

I haven't read through the thread yet - but NO THANKS! Westbrook is extremely talented and an athletic anomaly for the position, but he's way too unreliable as he's got no feel for the position. There is a distinct line for point guards between fearlessness and recklessness, and he crosses it way too much for my liking (or heart would be able to handle should he be in a Jazz uniform).

If we had no PG, then I'd be much more interested but I'd rather roll the dice with Trey!

So did you watch last night's game? Westbrook made some phenomenal plays but OKC lost and Durant was taken out of the game for long periods because Westbrook was doing all this one-on-one stuff and took a lot of ill-advised shots. The guy is not good for team chemistry.

I think he messes with OKC's chemistry, but what about a team where he is clearly the best player? That might be a damn good team.

I wonder how they would look if they started both Jackson and Westbrook, but Westbrook played more at off guard.

I think he messes with OKC's chemistry, but what about a team where he is clearly the best player? That might be a damn good team.

This.

He and durant dont seem to be able to coexist.

Jazz need to go get him

Might be ... but how many one-on-one players like Westbrook have won championships? Even Jordan gave it up when he needed to -- think Kerr and Paxson game-winners in finals.

In many ways, Westbrook reminds me of Iverson. Fantastic athletes but not guys who are going to win championships because they're too selfish. Now if Westbrook would defer to Durant, things would be different.

Might be ... but how many one-on-one players like Westbrook have won championships? Even Jordan gave it up when he needed to -- think Kerr and Paxson game-winners in finals

Well, statistically, Westbrook averages 1.5 more assists per game than Jordan, so yeah, he does know how to pass the ball. Granted, he does play the point most of the time, but Jordan basically played the same position as Westbrook, because he always had pretty crappy point guard play on those bulls teams, so it was either Jordan or Pippen doing the playmaking duties.