What's new

Russell Westbrook, Yay or Nay?

Ok, we should decide: do we want Russell Westbrook to play for the Jazz for the rest of the year?

• Yes, we want to get back into the playoffs

• Yes, he will be the tank commander

• No, he would ruin chemistry

• No, he's too good and it's Wembyama time!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm just so curious to see what would happen. It could be a great chance to change the narrative here, but could also strengthen it if it goes south.

Honestly, I'd like to see RWB have a good experience with the org but I don't believe he'd have any future here with what we're trying to build.

if i were to add another yes it might be 'yes, he can help develop the youngsters.' i don't think i can add it tho.

I voted no because I think he will take time away from players we want to evaluate better. But after reading the thread I might change my vote. I'm curious to see him play here for multiple reasons.

Atleast let Westbrook have his Laker revenge game in a Jazz uniform. We just need 1 game from Westbrook in a Jazz uniform. Those Westbrook jersey sales would fill Ryan's pockets up too. I know he's got to be dreaming about that.

I say yes, but for a different reason.

We do right by him and help him recover his reputation, and get in return a lot of goodwill and respect. Thats gonna help us in landing big fish in FA/trades.

Going to a contender is worse for him. Here he can play pressure free for the rest of this season and maybe revitalise the backend of his career a bit.

Only thing I dont like about it is taking those minutes from some of the others.

Russ I’m sure wants to play for a championship. His time is getting short, there is no way he wants to play here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At some point, I assume, it comes down to what kind of a legacy an aging player is leaving and professional pride. I am guessing Russ understands he doesn't currently have the market value and an opportunity to sign with a true contender. This might bring him to a conclusion that, in fact, the Jazz is an opportunity to show his worth and change the public narrative.