What's new

Ryan Smith Will Run This Team Into the Ground Then Sell

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I like Donovan, and while I’d much rather have it work out with him here, if you’re telling me we could have Fournier, Barrett (or Reddish), and 3 to 4 first round picks, I’m hard pressed not to think the Jazz come out wayyyy ahead in that scenario. But they’ve gotta hit on one or two of those picks for that to be the case.
Ya. Im a huge Spida fan but thats a pretty good haul. First round picks, especially lottery picks, are fun for fans to speculate about and fantasize about. Gives fans more hope than they probably should. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Having said that, like you, I want him to stay here for his next contract. He is an awesome player and awesome person and his game is fun to watch.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Ya. Im a huge Spida fan but thats a pretty good haul. First round picks, especially lottery picks, are fun for fans to speculate about and fantasize about. Gives fans more hope than they probably should. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Having said that, like you, I want him to stay here for his next contract. He is an awesome player and awesome person and his game is fun to watch.
And frankly we are a couple of pieces around Mitchell and Gobert from being hard-core contenders. If we turn the corner on team D we will be the toughest out in the playoffs regardless of home court. I hope we have both Mitchell and Gobert until we have won a couple rings and they leave as geezers chasing one last ring or one last contact as we rebuild. Hell I'd be happy for both of them to retire here. Win a few rings, have some great playoff runs, go down as the best duo the Jazz have ever seen. The potential for that is there.

cowhide

Maybe his goal is to ultimately move them to Las Vegas so they can be cool. So he makes embarrassing uniforms and makes a few dumb trades and the Jazz suck and fans stop coming to games and then he petitions the league to move the team. So he can hang out with DW and the boys in Las Vegas.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Maybe his goal is to ultimately move them to Las Vegas so they can be cool. So he makes embarrassing uniforms and makes a few dumb trades and the Jazz suck and fans stop coming to games and then he petitions the league to move the team. So he can hang out with DW and the boys in Las Vegas.
He’s Rachel Phelps.

zyzz

“The yellow on the jerseys represents the bright lights of the strip!”