What's new

sAlT lAkE cItY iS bOrInG

I love SLC, those who don’t? **** em. SLC is not a giant city. Yes it has winter, it also has anything you need and is close to Vegas and LA if you want a vacation. SLC is a nice place, if some don’t like it oh well.
The air quality in winter (inversion) is BY FAR my biggest gripe with SLC.

The air quality in winter (inversion) is BY FAR my biggest gripe with SLC.
Same same. I don’t even mind the cold, the inversions which I guess aren’t really that significant amount of time each year is probably my biggest gripe too. Hopefully we make some big strides in cleaning them up the best we can in the coming years and decade.

Yes this plus the negative antics at Jazz games requiring Gail to address them didn't help at all... Plus players and former ones saying some fans yelled out profanity and racist remarks?
And thanks to Der Fuhrer Trump's encouragement, this is happening all over the country. It's hard to escape racism in a country that was founded on the backs of racism. We had a Civil War in which 500,000 soldiers died because of it, and we still were unable to end it.

It remains a place with limited clubbing relative other NBA markets and outside of SLC, Utah is one of the whitest places in the United States with the ignorance to match.

Unless a person is coming to Utah to find excitement in the outdoors, the reason they come here is to chill.

It remains a place with limited clubbing relative other NBA markets and outside of SLC, Utah is one of the whitest places in the United States with the ignorance to match.

Unless a person is coming to Utah to find excitement in the outdoors, the reason they come here is to chill.
You mean outside of the urban area and major city of the state that’s the case? Like basically every other state in the nation? This is red and blue on the map simpleton explanation.

There's difference between vacationing somewhere and living there.

And NBA players cant even do the stuff (contractually) that makes Utah cool.

I love that SLC is getting bigger and more diverse. I could never live in a city much smaller than say Boise. If I wasn't from SLC I'd probably feel a stronger pull to live in a larger city like Denver, Portland or Seattle. San Diego is nice but the weather is too boring. Definitely wouldn't want to live anywhere in the south where it's hot, muggy and never snows.

So many people talk about wanting to live a rural lifestyle yet for some reason the vast majority of people live in cities People have created dense cities for as long as people have been civilized. You'd think if living apart from large populations of other people was as important to people as they claim it is then we wouldn't have such a strong tendency to build and live in cities.

Sir, do you know what a job is?

Sir, do you know what a job is?
Sir, do you know what several thousand years of people making the world they want to live in is?

I'm not talking only about the economic realities of 2021. I'm talking about why people would have created a world they find so incredibly off-putting in the first place. The answer is that people actually like living in cities almost as much as they like bitching about it.

Sir, do you know what several thousand years of people making the world they want to live in is?

I'm not talking only about the economic realities of 2021. I'm talking about why people would have created a world they find so incredibly off-putting in the first place. The answer is that people actually like living in cities almost as much as they like bitching about it.
I’m with you. Instead of the constant bitching by people make the communities you live/work a better place that you want them to be. Complaining is easy, being the change you want to see is hard.

I’m with you. Instead of the constant bitching by people make the communities you live/work a better place that you want them to be. Complaining is easy, being the change you want to see is hard.
I'm not worried about the complaining and I'm not worried about making communities better. That was not my point at all.

The answer is jobs

The answer is jobs
Oh man, I had no idea that's what you were getting at.

Here's a question: If people had an inherent dislike of living together in large dense population centers would we have constructed our society differently so that the jobs existed in smaller pockets outside large dense population centers?

The answer is that we created the jobs in the places we wanted to be. People like large dense population centers. Since we like living in large dense population centers we have developed our economy to revolve around large dense population centers.

Oh man, I had no idea that's what you were getting at.

Here's a question: If people had an inherent dislike of living together in large dense population centers would we have constructed our society differently so that the jobs existed in smaller pockets outside large dense population centers?

The answer is that we created the jobs in the places we wanted to be. People like large dense population centers. Since we like living in large dense population centers we have developed our economy to revolve around large dense population centers.
No.

Born, raised, and lived here all my life. Don’t know why people are insecure about this. The people who like Utah like it because it’s boring (quiet) or outdoor activities (many of which NBA players are banned from doing).

Besides that, there’s no denying the cultural aspect to things. Yeah, some players may be pleasantly surprised and it’s not as bad as some think...but you guys come off as cult leaders trying to lure people in lol.

And thanks to Der Fuhrer Trump's encouragement, this is happening all over the country. It's hard to escape racism in a country that was founded on the backs of racism. We had a Civil War in which 500,000 soldiers died because of it, and we still were unable to end it.
Yes, but when people think of the NBA Utah tops the list of the most racist and perceived weirdest fan base in all of the league. Not my opinion but the consensus