What's new

say NO to EXUM. the biggest bust since darko.

What’s wrong with calling a spade a spade? Exum looks better recently and is being treated as such. He was also treated fairly when he was playing like trash.

What Jazz fan doesn’t want the big contract guy we are stuck with, to be good?
I don't understand how this is hard to understand.

Last edited:
Quin has finally figured out that Dante needs the ball in his hands to be successful. And not to stand in the corner. I say finally quin!!!!!! It only took 4 years to figure this out!!! Quin really delayed Dante for long enough!!! But I'm hoping it last. But we're talking about quin so u never know

Quin has finally figured out that Dante needs the ball in his hands to be successful. And not to stand in the corner. I say finally quin!!!!!! It only took 4 years to figure this out!!! Quin really delayed Dante for long enough!!! But I'm hoping it last. But we're talking about quin so u never know

This is 100% the truth. Dante has been kneecapped by injuries but also by a coach who has rarely let him use his best attributes. The amount of time Dante Exum has stood in a corner "spacing the floor" is one of the biggest blights on Quin Snyder's coaching resume. He's been completely mismanaged both in his on-court role, and overall playing time. He should have been the backup PG his whole 3rd season and been allowed to handle the ball all the time. He should have been allowed to have 6 or 8 TO games like Rubio and Mitchell are routinely allowed to have and not worried about losing playing time for things other than effort for at least half a season. But Quin decided to do something totally out of character and ride him way harder than other players. It's no coincidence that Exum started playing much better when he was allowed to have the ball in his hands more, and have shooters to spread the floor for him. He's one of the fastest players in the league and a physical freak who can get to the rim a high percentage of the time compared to most NBA players.

Also take a look at the numbers for Exum and Rubio for the entire season. Exum even while struggling and playing as a 3 and D wing for half the time is putting up similar numbers to Rubio per possession. Imagine Exum playing to his strengths all the time and the types of numbers he could put up as he develops more. The main thing that is going to stand in his way is Quin continuing to go away from him if he has some bad plays. This season the Jazz aren't going to be champions no matter what they do. IT makes way more sense to really try to see how far Dante can progress as a PG before you make a decision on Rubio or another FA position. It's made sense for the last 3 years to do that, though, and Quin has refused until the last couple weeks.

Problem wasn't you identifying his potential red flags... it was that you couldn't/wouldn't identify his potential elite traits.
He has not shown anything close to elite in his game yet in my opinion. Unless you talking about length.

He has not shown anything close to elite in his game yet in my opinion. Unless you talking about length.

Getting to the rim at an elite rate.
First step is elite.
Ability to stay infron of penetrating guards = elite.

He is not a multiskilled and multidimensional player that's for sure. But what he got, is potentially v.good.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting he has turned the corner and all is happily ever after, but I am saying the evidence before us is that he possesses some elite traits.

First step is elite.

Do you have stats to back it up or it is just your eye test? Because mine says he is good at those things, not elite.
Like word elite should be reserved to special players who we have just a few in NBA ( Like for example Westbrook speed, Lavine vertical, Lebron Strength, Rudy's rim protection and so on) . Is Exum one of them in those things you mentioned? I do not think so.

Do you have stats to back it up or it is just your eye test? Because mine says he is good at those things, not elite.
Like word elite should be reserved to special players who we have just a few in NBA ( Like for example Westbrook speed, Lavine vertical, Lebron Strength, Rudy's rim protection and so on) . Is Exum one of them in those things you mentioned? I do not think so.
Ehh, I'd say he's elite or pretty close to it, for those things. The fact that he has literally 0 dribble pull-up game and a barely existent spot-up game and he still gets into the lane at the rate he does is extremely impressive.

First step is elite.

He is not a multiskilled and multidimensional player that's for sure. But what he got, is potentially v.good.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting he has turned the corner and all is happily ever after, but I am saying the evidence before us is that he possesses some elite traits.
His skillset is more of a swing player than a PG.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

His skillset is more of a swing player than a PG.

This is the exact opposite of his skillset. Wing players need to be stronger than Dante, and better shooters/floor spacers. . His skills are PnR, getting into the lane, and an ability to lob/find open players in those situations. His length is only really an asset when he can smother PG's. His speed and recovery is best against smaller guards and some wings. He plays way better with the ball in his hands than without. He creates mismatches so other guys can have open shots when the defense collapses. None of that is a wing player. He's so obviously best as a PG. This is a really bad opinion.

Exum showed he's elite at throwing lobs to Gobert against a no-name center and a helpless PF posing as a backup center.

I've been a Dante doubter since his rookie season. But I'm really hoping he's turned a corner. My expectations are for a quality backup PG. If Exum can run the 2nd unit and the Jazz can have subs who outplay the other team's subs, I'll be happy.

Reactions: MVP
Exum showed he's elite at throwing lobs to Gobert against a no-name center and a helpless PF posing as a backup center.

I've been a Dante doubter since his rookie season. But I'm really hoping he's turned a corner. My expectations are for a quality backup PG. If Exum can run the 2nd unit and the Jazz can have subs who outplay the other team's subs, I'll be happy.
Starting pg

To be fair Exum and Rudy had that connection since Day 1.

Come on mate, its a New Year, be a little more positive... Remember hes 2yrs off of turning 25 so if it helps just windly imagine the player he'll be after another 2 years.

Yeah the Exum hype is going a bit overboard but to insinuate that Exum's lobs were only elite because he was playing the Knicks is a significant slight to his ability to throw the lob in general. He consistently hits Favors/Gobert on lobs almost since his rookie season and he's by far the best lob passer on the Jazz

As of right now, apart from Embiid are you taking from the top 10 of Exum's draft over him?

Not saying Exum has reached any great heights thus far, but as it stands the other guys have all stagnated on any improvment.

This is the exact opposite of his skillset. Wing players need to be stronger than Dante, and better shooters/floor spacers. . His skills are PnR, getting into the lane, and an ability to lob/find open players in those situations. His length is only really an asset when he can smother PG's. His speed and recovery is best against smaller guards and some wings. He plays way better with the ball in his hands than without. He creates mismatches so other guys can have open shots when the defense collapses. None of that is a wing player. He's so obviously best as a PG. This is a really bad opinion.
I dont even know where to begin on how to respond to this. I really dont want to get into another discussion today.

As of right now, apart from Embiid are you taking from the top 10 of Exum's draft over him?

Not saying Exum has reached any great heights thus far, but as it stands the other guys have all stagnated on any improvment.

Not sure but I just looked at that draft and damn, it was really, really good.

Reactions: MVP