What's new

SBNation - Kevin Durant's injury shows why other NBA contenders should never give up

I don't think it's 100% racism, but I think race is a factor in the perception of the relationship of D-Will/Sloan.

I can see it being a factor, but it's at the very least 5th place after ageism, social contract of coach/player, socioeconomic (d will wanting even more money to do a job most people view as playtime), and rooting for the team.

I don't think it's 100% racism, but I think race is a factor in the perception of the relationship of D-Will/Sloan.

God you're dense.

Sloan was with the Utah jazz for 24 years. For those of us who were Jazz fans that entire time Sloan has a special place in our hearts. DWill was not on that level. Not even close.

Of course we're gonna side with Sloan. Not only because of his 24 years of dedication as HC and years before that as an assistant, but because we also saw DWill not running the plays, having a bad attitude, and reports weather true or untrue, that he was becoming a problem in the locker room.

If Hayward did an interview tomorrow and he said mean nasty things about Sloan the fanbase would turn on him in a second. We love Sloan. Maybe you're a kid and you weren't around for the 80s-90s Jazz teams. Understandable that you'd see Sloan differently. But if you were a Jazzfan then I can't see how you would take the position you've taken.

And you want to call Jazz fans racists? C'mon man. That's what stupid *** Laker and Rockets fans are for.

I view it as people respecting that Sloan was the leader and the elder in the situation. Sloan was the boss and d will the subordinate. He was not a slave. As he was getting paid inordinate amounts of money.

And yes, we expect d will to do his damn job and listen to his hall of fame coach. It's pretty clear that he was not doing that.

The supposed double standard is ridiculous. D will signed a contract to be a player, not to be a coach. Those are clearly defined roles that work well when they are hot challenged. Sloan had nearly beaten the best at the game, and led the team to a western conference finals with One superstar and a bunch of late round picks.

D will has even admitted that he was wrong. Is he being racist too, in his admission of guilt?

I never called him a slave, I just ask is the player/coach relationship suppose to be completely submissive? I dont think it is. I think both sides have to work together and listen to each other. Obviously that relationship broke down and for some reason people only blame Dwill to the point that they still boo him 7 years after the fact. You can have respect and admiration for Sloan and still realize he handled the situation poorly (he quit). So why does no one do that and reserve all the blame for D-Will? It's a lack of maturity and lack of common sense.

Dwill admitted he was in the wrong because that's what mature people do in those situations. You sit back and recognize you could have handled things differently, been the bigger man in the situation. Has Jerry been willing to make the same admission? I dont expect him too largely because of his current condition, but I'm sure if he was mentally healthy he would (or maybe not, sometimes older people tend to be more stuck in their ways).

Dwill did his damn job. He took the Jazz to a Western Conference Finals with flawed supporting pieces. He battled through injuries to fight for the team. He loved Utah, he still lives here. The FO made terrible choices and were to loyal to Sloan. We should have moved on from Jerry after we lost in the WCF. It was clear the system and style of basketball we were playing had maxed out and Sloan was losing touch with modern NBA defense philosophy.

I can see it being a factor, but it's at the very least 5th place after ageism, social contract of coach/player, socioeconomic (d will wanting even more money to do a job most people view as playtime), and rooting for the team.

Sure, though I dont get "rooting for the team" part. D-Will stayed on the team and played until he was traded. Jerry quit on the team. If you rooted for the team you would have long recognized the need to move on from Sloan before he quit. The team was too long ok with just being good enough to make the playoffs with Sloan and not actually compete by moving on.

God you're dense.

Sloan was with the Utah jazz for 24 years. For those of us who were Jazz fans that entire time Sloan has a special place in our hearts. DWill was not on that level. Not even close.

Of course we're gonna side with Sloan. Not only because of his 24 years of dedication as HC and years before that as an assistant, but because we also saw DWill not running the plays, having a bad attitude, and reports weather true or untrue, that he was becoming a problem in the locker room.

If Hayward did an interview tomorrow and he said mean nasty things about Sloan the fanbase would turn on him in a second. We love Sloan. Maybe you're a kid and you weren't around for the 80s-90s Jazz teams. Understandable that you'd see Sloan differently. But if you were a Jazzfan then I can't see how you would take the position you've taken.

And you want to call Jazz fans racists? C'mon man. That's what stupid *** Laker and Rockets fans are for.

I started rooting for the Jazz during the 1st finals against the Bulls. I had been a Jazz fan for half of Sloan's years with the team. I loved him and he is a big reason I love basketball. The Jazz stuck with him too long. Loyalty to Sloan hurt the Jazz franchise and the loyalty of fans continues to blind them into booing a great Jazz player and placing the blame 100% on his shoulders.

I started rooting for the Jazz during the 1st finals against the Bulls. I had been a Jazz fan for half of Sloan's years with the team. I loved him and he is a big reason I love basketball. The Jazz stuck with him too long. Loyalty to Sloan hurt the Jazz franchise and the loyalty of fans continues to blind them into booing a great Jazz player and placing the blame 100% on his shoulders.

You've completely ignored me the multiple times I've said I blame Sloan's age, not DWill, Sloan's age and the probability that Dementia and Parkinson's had probably started taking their toll on him.

So I think, if you're not going to acknowledge what I'm saying at all, there's no point in discussing anything with you. You're not interested in a discussion. You just want to talk.

You've completely ignored me the multiple times I've said I blame Sloan's age, not DWill, Sloan's age and the probability that Dementia and Parkinson's had probably started taking their toll on him.

So I think, if you're not going to acknowledge what I'm saying at all, there's no point in discussing anything with you. You're not interested in a discussion. You just want to talk.

I acknowledged that in one of these recent post.

And don't these post as personal affronts, its just something I noticed generally about a lot of jazz fans. It may or may not apply to you and IDC either way.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Just want to add, GS has been beating odds on injuries for quite a while. It also takes a bit for a guy to find his groove as we have seen repeatedly. Also consider a guy is not the same right after he is back. Sometimes the injury had a small presence still, sometimes muscles have not been able to be kept in condition etc.

Its pretty likely he is not 100% even when he is back for a period of time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app