What's new

SBNation - Kevin Durant's injury shows why other NBA contenders should never give up

Westwolf?

Dear lord

Yes, Westwolf. He's a beast in practice. His expectations of his teammates are equally high.

My only fear is that Westbrook may not have the patience to stick around for his young teammates to mature.

GM Presti made a great move post ASG bringing McDermott & Gibson (former Bulls) on board.

Last edited:
Just saying, kind of bad taste to celebrate an injury.

That's not what you said though. No one is celebrating an injury. We are jazz fans man, we get how having an injured player sucks real bad.

That doesn't change the fact that he is out, and a team can take advantage of it if they work hard. It's how it happens every year.

Curry got hurt early in the playoffs last year.

Malone hurt his back in 2004.

Bill Walton was injured all the time.

Durant is injured every damn year, or okc would have like 5 titles.

Injuries suck but they are the reality of playing.

b_line you are correct.

Injuries suck; unfortunate as they are--fans suffer thru alongside the injured players.

Utah has experienced a ton of injuries (off & on) this season. The Jazz has weathered thru the injury storm.

Thunder were lucky to pull out a victory last night. The Jazz has been a juggernaut of late against some tough team. Utah has an impressive road record.

lmao

At least make it something relevant and say you are living in Westworld.

That's what his teammates refer (in fun) to him--Westwolf; KD pinned that name on him.

Many NBA personalities have nicknames. The Spurs' Coach Popovich--often referred to as Popobitch by the players who love him--they mean no harm.

That's what his teammates refer (in fun) to him--Westwolf; KD pinned that name on him.

Many NBA personalities have nicknames. The Spurs' Coach Popovich--often referred to as Popobitch by the players who love him--they mean no harm.

And a Jazz announcer referred to Hayward as "mr Dunkster" last game, doesnt make these nicknames acceptable human behavior.

b_line you are correct.

Injuries suck; unfortunate as they are--fans suffer thru alongside the injured players.

Utah has experienced a ton of injuries (off & on) this season. The Jazz has weathered thru the injury storm.

Thunder were lucky to pull out a victory last night. The Jazz has been a juggernaut of late against some tough team. Utah has an impressive road record.

Thank you Laramie. What do you think about OKC's chances if they had a forward like Paul George and also having a center like Joel Embiid instead of Steven Adams, Enes Kanter, Sabonis, Roberson and Oladipo ?

I post, therefore I am.

And a Jazz announcer referred to Hayward as "mr Dunkster" last game, doesnt make these nicknames acceptable human behavior.

It probably doesn't. Concern I have is where do you put the perimeters on 'human behavior.'

Nicknames mean nothing--we don't live in a halo society. Have all the respect for the human individual.

Spent 30 years in Public School Education (teacher-Adm.,) in OKC; my tolerance for some of the names I was called behind my back doesn't concern me. You can bet I didn't let it get the best of me.

...And by the way Saint Cy of JFC; I'm Roman Catholic, black-latino & a lifelong Democrat who the KKK would probably love to see hanging from a tree.

It probably doesn't. Concern I have is where do you put the perimeters on 'human behavior.'

Nicknames mean nothing--we don't live in a halo society. Have all the respect for the human individual.

Spent 30 years in Public School Education (teacher-Adm.,) in OKC; my tolerance for some of the names I was called behind my back doesn't concern me. You can bet I didn't let it get the best of me.

...And by the way Saint Cy of JFC; I'm Roman Catholic, black-latino & a lifelong Democrat who the KKK would probably love to see hanging from a tree.

At least this troll put some effort into their character.

People calling us nicknames does not affect us is a way of trying to act like they do not. We are affected by people not liking us, what we do. Whether we accept it or not, we feel down, grow a harder pair and a stronger protective mechanism to protect our ego. This is our nature. After some point of abusement, some people start attacking others and calling them names to prevent this fact and try to focus on how artificially strong and cool they are to be able to bully around other people. At the end of the day we are such helpless creatures in front of real powerful events and beings that everything loses meaning when we face real danger and power that our social cosmos' rules cannot protect us any longer.

I post, therefore I am.

Thank you Laramie. What do you think about OKC's chances if they had a forward like Paul George and also having a center like Joel Embiid instead of Steven Adams, Enes Kanter, Sabonis, Roberson and Oladipo ?

I post, therefore I am.

They're probably better than you think. You have the best defensive team in the NBA; that will eventually translate when the going gets really tough. Jazz players are better bonded for the long haul; they're in a better position than OKC. SLC has the most intimidating arena in the NBA.

Jazz are better built to survive the playoffs than the Thunder.

Jazz fans, much like Thunder fans are spoiled--have had a history of competitive teams.

Sure, we got jilted by Durant; you experience the same with Deron Williams who brought down an iconic coach (Jerry Sloan); then took his happy hips somewhere else.

They're probably better than you think. You have the best defensive team in the NBA; that will eventually translate when the going gets really tough. Jazz players are better bonded for the long haul; they're in a better position than OKC. SLC has the most intimidating arena in the NBA.

Jazz are better built to survive the playoffs than the Thunder.

Jazz fans, much like Thunder fans are spoiled--have had a history of competitive teams.

Sure, we got jilted by Durant; you experience the same with Deron Williams who brought down an iconic coach (Jerry Sloan); then took his happy hips somewhere else.

No, Jerry Sloan quit on the team and then Dwill got traded. He never "took his happy hips somewhere else". It was nothing like Durant. Durant hated OKC and he left. Dwill still lives in Utah.

People calling us nicknames does not affect us is a way of trying to act like they do not. We are affected by people not liking us, what we do. Whether we accept it or not, we feel down, grow a harder pair and a stronger protective mechanism to protect our ego. This is our nature. After some point of abusement, some people start attacking others and calling them names to prevent this fact and try to focus on how artificially strong and cool they are to be able to bully around other people. At the end of the day we are such helpless creatures in front of real powerful events and beings that everything loses meaning when we face real danger and power that our social cosmos' rules cannot protect us any longer.

I post, therefore I am.

It doesn't affect me; because I won't allow it. What people say about me doesn't pay my bills, put food on my table or educate my grandchildren. Not going to feel down when someone who doesn't respect me just to appease them--they mean nothing to me, because they have nothing to offer but ill-will. They are the ones who are miserable--not me.

There were times & stages in my life in which I did feel that need for acceptance--Maslow's hierarchy of needs. As far as names; people talking about you behind your back; you need to love & respect yourself, first and foremost. Mother taught me that 'talk was cheap.'

If people have nothing better to do than talk about other people; that should tell you something about their situation.

No, Jerry Sloan quit on the team and then Dwill got traded. He never "took his happy hips somewhere else". It was nothing like Durant. Durant hated OKC and he left. Dwill still lives in Utah.

Thank you, I stand corrected! I thought Sloan gave management an ultimatum; who's it going to be--Williams or me.

...by the way, Durant didn't hate OKC. He was there for us during times of disaster ($1 million donation for Moore tornado); that meant more to me than winning an NBA championship. What people need to learn in life--it's not all about YOU!

Don't get me wrong; would love for the Thunder to win an NBA championship. There are more important things in my life than sports.

Last edited:

Sloan quit largely because KOC and Greg wouldn't let him do his job and discipline a malcontent. I'm tired of the revisionist ********, but considering the source I'm not surprised.