What's new

Game Thread (Scrimmage) Jazz @ Nets

Added to Calendar: 07-27-20

I heard last game Spyda found Rudy on some PnR's and they just ended the broadcast with a highlight of it as well. Maybe this scuffle is a blessing in disguise.

I heard last game Spyda found Rudy on some PnR's and they just ended the broadcast with a highlight of it as well. Maybe this scuffle is a blessing in disguise.
They both look like they are trying to improve. I’m very pleased with this development.

I'm not seeing much promise in Tucker. Looks like a shorter, worse version of Burks.
I’m fine with him... like I kinda get why they signed him... NWG can go... I’d be cool letting Tucker go too. Morgan should be our backup 5 but Bradley has improved.

But Jarrell Brantley needs to ****ing play. It makes no god damn sense that we don’t get to see him with the actual rotation players and we are throwing Bradley out there as a 4. It kills me that we haven’t tried it. He looks so good.

They both look like they are trying to improve. I’m very pleased with this development.

Donovan seemed better on his playmaking on the scrimmages, and among the collective work to replace Bogey scoring, it seems that some of it is giving to Rudy some chunk of the plays that were run looking for Bojan (i mean, setting plays for him on the paint, not for three pointers)

Scanning the box score, it appeared that JWF, NWG, Morgan and Brantley did OK. Oni had a lot of zeros for 12 minutes of PT. The starters looked solid. I suspect Quin is looking at a hard 8 when things get real.

I’ve only watched the highlights, so correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like there’s been a pretty high number of defensive breakdowns.

I’ve only watched the highlights, so correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like there’s been a pretty high number of defensive breakdowns.
Thought the defense with the starters was solid. Rudy had a nice block... DM drew an offensive foul... it was okay. They hit some good contested mid range shots. We had quite a few turnovers that went the other way but it felt like guys were loose and kinda trying stuff that they might not in a real game. TB was solid in the first half... second half as a PF it was bad... then Ed and that unit really stunk up the joint. Overall it was pretty encouraging.

Scanning the box score, it appeared that JWF, NWG, Morgan and Brantley did OK. Oni had a lot of zeros for 12 minutes of PT. The starters looked solid. I suspect Quin is looking at a hard 8 when things get real.
Oni was fine. He is getting his shot off so quick and it looks pretty solid. He is solid on defense. Morgan and Brantley were both pretty good too.

Was fun to see Brantley go head to head against Justin Anderson on several possessions. Physically, Anderson seems like a G-F version of Brantley, though they're the same height it seems. Different games otherwise, of course. But Anderson seems like a cautionary tale that no matter how good your physical gifts are, it's hard to stick in the NBA if you can't find consistency in the rest of your game.

Oni was fine. He is getting his shot off so quick and it looks pretty solid. He is solid on defense. Morgan and Brantley were both pretty good too.

I wonder if he's trying to get it off too quick (at least for what his skills are at this point). I watched some of the Stars this season (though not whole lot), but I don't remember that he had much success with such a quick release.