What's new

Seeking Tenant/Eviction knowledge.

Cocaine

Evening,

I recently posted about my wife and I being evicted from the basement apartment we're staying in. Left earlier today to do some shopping and came home to a "Three Day Notice to Vacate For Criminal Nuisance" on the premise that,

"Through the actions of the tenants, Matthew and Krista ****, had money and other items stolen from their bedrooms."

There is a case# attached. Apparently, a bunch of crap has gone missing from the mother and daughter's rooms upstairs, which we were not aware of until now.
My question: Can we rightfully be kicked out within three days for nothing more than suspicion? We have noticed they came into our room and went through all of our drawers and closet looking for the missing items but have not said anything.

Our lease clearly states, "This is a month to month lease; a thirty day noticed is required in order to receive full deposit. Owner of the house would also need to give a thirty day notice to request roommates to move out."
Next week, November 2nd, I am taking my wife to Washington to live with her mom for a while and I will be finding a place to rent until she either gets back or I move up there with her, so moving out isn't that big of an issue. My only problem is that until next week, I am dead broke and have nowhere for either of us to go. We'll literally be sleeping in our car(Not very comfortable).

I know it's a long shot, but maybe one of you hacks has some knowledge on the subject. Would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to kill time until tomorrow(Civil offices are closed so I am unable to discuss this Case# until then)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't know much on the subject. My mother in law rents, and when she tried to evict someone it was a long drawn out PIA. Took way way longer than 30 days. I assume when you say case # you mean a police report, the only way I would think that changes anything is if you were found guilty in court. Dunno. My advice, call a police officer and ask them if you have to go. If you don't go it's gonna be them coming to make you, so they will know if you have to or not. Sucky situation, sorry.

Thanks for the input so far. I know that legally if we do not vacate within 3 days, she has to file a lawsuit. Just wish this entire situation could be avoided.

There are, in fact, circumstances that allow for a 3-day evict. I'm not well versed in it, but I do know it exists.

Evening,

I recently posted about my wife and I being evicted from the basement apartment we're staying in. Left earlier today to do some shopping and came home to a "Three Day Notice to Vacate For Criminal Nuisance" on the premise that,

"Through the actions of the tenants, Matthew and Krista ****, had money and other items stolen from their bedrooms."

There is a case# attached. Apparently, a bunch of crap has gone missing from the mother and daughter's rooms upstairs, which we were not aware of until now.
My question: Can we rightfully be kicked out within three days for nothing more than suspicion? We have noticed they came into our room and went through all of our drawers and closet looking for the missing items but have not said anything.

Our lease clearly states, "This is a month to month lease; a thirty day noticed is required in order to receive full deposit. Owner of the house would also need to give a thirty day notice to request roommates to move out."
Next week, November 2nd, I am taking my wife to Washington to live with her mom for a while and I will be finding a place to rent until she either gets back or I move up there with her, so moving out isn't that big of an issue. My only problem is that until next week, I am dead broke and have nowhere for either of us to go. We'll literally be sleeping in our car(Not very comfortable).

I know it's a long shot, but maybe one of you hacks has some knowledge on the subject. Would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to kill time until tomorrow(Civil offices are closed so I am unable to discuss this Case# until then)

Thanks.

Not trying to downplay the situation, but have you knocked on the door to talk to your landlord about the misunderstanding? That should be the first step.

Not trying to downplay the situation, but have you knocked on the door to talk to your landlord about the misunderstanding? That should be the first step.

Especially if you take back their stuff when you go.

I kid, sorry.

Yeah, we've spoken to her. Essentially, we share the kitchen. We were the only ones "Home" at the time(I have explained to her that we left as soon as I got off of work, around 7:00AM, right when she leaves and did not get home until about 20 minutes before her). There is no sign of forced entry and so we are in the crosshairs. Understandable. But it's still nothing more than suspicion.

Yeah, we've spoken to her. Essentially, we share the kitchen. We were the only ones "Home" at the time(I have explained to her that we left as soon as I got off of work, around 7:00AM, right when she leaves and did not get home until about 20 minutes before her). There is no sign of forced entry and so we are in the crosshairs. Understandable. But it's still nothing more than suspicion.

Ok, just checking. Sometimes with stuff like this both sides start to jump to crazy conclusions about each other without taking the time to sit down and talk about it.

If I'm understanding things correctly, you were already going to be evicted, even before this recent three days notice, no? If so, why? Why were you going to be evicted?

If I'm understanding things correctly, you were already going to be evicted, even before this recent three days notice, no? If so, why? Why were you going to be evicted?

At first she stated that she decided she did not want anyone else sharing her home with her and her daughter. She thought she would enjoy the extra money but decided it wasn't for her. That is what she told us.
As of now, we apparently have taken everything she values including her *****-shaped bong she hides in her underwear drawer. Yeah, she divulged that information to us. o.o

Did you sign a lease/contract?

Did you smoke some of that good Cali bud out of her male-genitalia-shaped tobacco pipe?

It's in one of the nicer neighborhoods in West Valley/Kearns. Yes, we signed a lease/contract - That's where the Owner of the house would also need to give a thirty day notice to request roommates to move out - Comes from.

Tell her you're going to file a police report for the break in & see if she doesn't find out she had accidentally misplaced all this stuff.

If you are leaving anyway just don't leave until you go to washington, there is nothing she can do about it that quickly and then youll be gone and the problem with her will be over.