What's new

Sensabaugh and Hendricks watch thread in gleague

Olynyk and Samanic had 14 and 11 minutes against MIN. Based on the callup priority it seems as though Samanic and Potter would get those two rotation spots (Juzang next in line), but please just give those minutes to TH and Bryce.

Sounds like Hendricks has the best shot of playing tonight out of any of the call-ups. He’s the only who was at the shoot around.

My take right now is that Hendricks can only look so good in the G. His game isnt built for it. He needs the team to get him involved. If you can't self-create in the G or arent hyper active on the interior it's hard to match the gaudy stats of others.
Agree. The Stars don't pass the ball around much. You can often see Hendricks wide open behind the arc while his teammates want to try scoring themselves.

Sounds like Hendricks has the best shot of playing tonight out of any of the call-ups. He’s the only who was at the shoot around.
Man wasn’t going to make it a priority to watch tonight cuz I got a lot going but now imma have to watch Taylor get his 5 minutes at the end of the game aren’t I?

Sensabaugh with 18 points on 20 shots in a Stars win against the dub JVs. No Tay Henny or Juzang. Potter with a double double and 4 blocks and Christopher with 9 dimes. The heroes for the Stars were Romeo Langford with 25 points and Taevion Kinsey with 16 and neither chucked up a lot of shots to get to those numbers. The announcers were saying that Sensabaugh is adjusting from playing the 4 in college and having his back to the basket to playing a 2 or 3 with the Stars and facing the basket.

Sensabaugh with 18 points on 20 shots in a Stars win against the dub JVs. No Tay Henny or Juzang. Potter with a double double and 4 blocks and Christopher with 9 dimes. The heroes for the Stars were Romeo Langford with 25 points and Taevion Kinsey with 16 and neither chucked up a lot of shots to get to those numbers. The announcers were saying that Sensabaugh is adjusting from playing the 4 in college and having his back to the basket to playing a 2 or 3 with the Stars and facing the basket.
Not sure I've seen this before. All 5 starters with at least 4 rbs, 4 ast, and 1 blk. And all 5 in double figures.

Langford looked good.

It's nice to see Brice putting together a solid season in the G-League. It would be cool to know what the coaches there are emphasizing with him to improve on.

The announcers said the coaches are teaching him to be a wing instead of a power forward that he played in high school and college.

that simply isn't true. he played with his back to the basket in college at times - because that's what big, strong, wings with scoring prowess in order to use the entire arsenal - but he was 100% wing. my dude took 5 3pt FGAs a game. he wasn't just sitting down in the post. but just watch these and you'll how uninformed that take is:

he had it on the low block exactly once - even on that he dribbled into it like wings tend to do when they want to take somebody down low - it's not as if he was posted up and they threw it into him. again one post play.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ammQj7TOCK8

almost exclusively taking guys off the bounce, hanging out around the perimeter

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ablQGamYWrc

more of the same - simply wasn't a back to the basket player in college - those announcers are knuckleheads

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmToZhyU7bQ

Back