What's new

Game Thread September 1, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 7

Added to Calendar: 09-01-20

This could be Conley’s last game in a uniform unless he decides to walk away from $34M.

Which seems pretty ****ing unlikely to me.

We are a 6th seed team. Denver is a 3rd seed. Pretty obvious.

We need to play focused, not desperate. Right now we are playing desperate.

I'm glad our players frustrations by kicking chairs and throwing things mounted to playing really great basketball in a game 7
This. I called it out after it happened. It was an obvious sign of poor leadership and more going on than meets the eye.

The real issue is do the Jazz believe they can come back. I do not see signs that they believe. This second half needs to be DM time.

Like I've always said. It's SO MUCH EASIER for Denver to stop DM than for us to stop Murray.

If the ball is forced out of Murray’s hand, you bet that someone from the Nuggets namely the Joker will happily take over and drop 30+ points on us like in G5. Whereas if Denver is to double DM and limit his shot, we will have Conley again scoring 15ish pts on 10 attempts.

The series changed when Denver started picking up our guards before the half court and then they started pushing them out and we are having trouble getting into our offense. Now frustration has set in and the Jazz seem already defeated. We will see if this team has any fight or not starting the 3rd. They need to cut the lead to low single digits to have a chance. I would really like to see us pressure their guards even if it is just token pressure. Make them work to get into their offense.