What's new

Game Thread September 1, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 7

Added to Calendar: 09-01-20

Why couldn’t we have both if we sign a George Hill for example, instead of Conley?
Because a George Hill probably wouldn't move the neddle against a team like the Rockets. And maybe the front office thought Royce was a better player than Crowder, who remember, shoot barely above 30% on 3s.

Ideal offseason
Conley agrees to a lesser deal
Allows us to re-sign Clarkson, bring back Favors
Jazz move Davis, bring in defensive minded veteran
Jazz draft size/length to bolster the bench.
And we get Bogey back
Boom bitches

Because a George Hill probably wouldn't move the neddle against a team like the Rockets. And maybe the front office thought Royce was a better player than Crowder, who remember, shoot barely above 30% on 3s.
Have you been watching the Heat? He’s killin it for them D’ing up Giannis.

what was the question?
First, your balance between positives and negatives on Conley's game tonight. Yesterday, you agreed on a post that said he is a net negative if he scores 20ppg but doesn't give you 7-10 assists per game or at least 2 steals. Then you compared him to a player like Bertrans.

Tonight he had a different game. He shot the ball poorly but was much better on defense, passing, rebounding and loose balls (hey! he even got 3 steals). Yet, you fail to aknowledge those and in turn, contradict the argument you made yesterday. You seem to have a double standard, or very very short memory when is convenient to you.

So, what is it?

Again I like Conley but I'd prefer he go but... why is he the main focus right now? Royce is not a starter. Ingles is diminishing. Tony Bradley has hit his ceiling and it's about 5ft tall. The rest of our bench outside if JC is a bunch of DLeague prospects.

I worked with a guy that went to both Harvard and MIT. First day he was confronted by 8 employees at once he had a meltdown. Ended up slapping a woman. He also couldn't do excel to save his life and never could understand array formulas. But he was too smart for all of us, reminded us daily he was smart. Talked about his degrees from Harvard and MIT. Believe me, you have us all very very very very very...very...very............very impressed.
Well, the guy was a moron and wasted his money going to those universities. Also, your employer probably had some bad HR.

If you want to talk about other issues, or hey, chat in real life to made up your mind, send me a friend request o PMed.

This loss stings a little less knowing how flawed both teams are. Our bench is pretty awful and would be completely dominated by the Clippers.

First, your balance between positives and negatives on Conley's game tonight. Yesterday, you agreed on a post that said he shouldn't be playing if he scores 20ppg but doesn't give you 7-10 assists per game or at least 2 steals. Then you compared him to a player like Bertrans.

Tonight he had a different game. He shot the ball poorly but was much better on defense, passing, rebounding and loose balls (hey! he even got 3 steals). Yet, you fail to aknowledge those and in turn, contradict the argument you made yesterday.

So, what is it?

well, first of all, i compared Niang to Bertans. Not Conely.

second, I think you are confused as to what argument I was trying to make, so here let me repeat my sentence for you:

"Conley's gotta do more on offense for us to have a chance in G7".

well. did he give us more than just 15-20 points a game?

NO. HE. DID. NOT.

His scoring tonight was a disgrace and we lost G7 just as I predicted.

So my argument stands.

End of story.

This loss stings a little less knowing how flawed both teams are. Our bench is pretty awful and would be completely dominated by the Clippers.
Yeah. I mean I obviously wanted the Jazz to win. But I'm not devastated. I didn't give them a shot in the next series.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

Oh yeah, and Jeff Green. But I'm explaining the FO rationale. We had him for two years and he didn't produce at that level. And he had plenty of open looks in our offense. In that light I understand why the FO saw him as expendable.
For a guy six foot nothin past his prime when our shooting guard is undersized to begin with?

Jazz have to make changes next year. I hope they just don't rely on Bojan coming back.

We wasted one of the greatest playoffs performances of all time.

If Mitchell is okay with Gobert and wants him here, keep him. If he doesn't trade Gobert.

Conley will opt in. We can use his salary plus picks to try and get a better fit player. He played well this series but Mitchell is our PG and we need more length and athletic players.

Royce and Ingles need to go to the bench. Royce's hustle is nice, but his defense isn't that good and he won't shoot open shots and players avoid passing to him when he is wide open and we need a basket. Ingles is old and I think just not that interested in basketball anymore. I wouldn't be shocked if he retired although I think he won't leave this kind of money.

Niang is fine he just needs a smaller role if we keep him. We have some decent role players to develop as well from our rookies this year.

Bojan should be back and help. He should start at the 3 spot. We need an athletic 2 and 4 that can shoot decent.

If we keep Gobert great at the 5 get a decent reliable backup for cheap. If not we should get a center that can hustle, rebound, and shoot a little bit. We should get a solid player back for Gobert.

We should try to re-sign Clarkson but I would be looking to trade him as well. He just is too inconsistent and doesn't really do anything besides score. I'm not opposed to keeping him for a decent price as a bench scorer.