Setting jazzfanz and the rest of the world straight!!

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Thee jazz fan, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Gameface

Gameface I actually REALLY like Gobert! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    Plus you don't have to play a game in the middle of the season that ultimately means nothing to get those honors.

2. candrew

candrew Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    The problem isn't with the Jazz community it's with the rest of the world that watches Rudy play 4 times a year. I seriously doubt there is a significant population of Jazz fans (who actually watch the games) who think DM is more valuable than Rudy

As for selections to the All-Star Game - DM just happens to have a skill set that is better suited to appeal to a flawed system built to showcase players in what has become an increasingly unwatchable basketball game that fewer and fewer people are inclined to watch every February.

SoUjazzfan likes this.
  3. cowhide

cowhide Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    The 3rd quarter shows Rudy's greatness. Even though he didn't get the block there were about seven incidents where Rudy affected the shot or the Washington players stopped and ran away from Rudy knowing if they put up a shot it was going to get blocked. A couple turnovers resulted

I just started laughing because it was like elementary school when one kid is taller than all the other kids and they are all afraid to challenge him. Rudy should have already won 3 DPOY awards and he should have been an all-star. If Towns gets it over Rudy this year I will be pissed.

The main reason why I want Rudy to be an all-star is to watch some of the players reaction when he blocks their shot. Man.. why you playing defense.. It would be awesome if the game was tied and Giannis tries to dunk it and Rudy swats it away, picks up the ball and goes the length of the court and dunks it. You gotta love it baby!!!!

colton likes this.
  4. Engorged On Unborn Gore

Engorged On Unborn Gore Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2015
    The ASG is a bucket of puke. It is the opposite of a reward.

All-NBA teams: box is already checked.

The championship trophy is still up for grabs. That’s the “award” that actually means something.

5. jope

jope Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    puke or not, many players have contracts with $$$ incentives for ASG appearances.

6. Engorged On Unborn Gore

Engorged On Unborn Gore Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2015
    I wonder who that benefits the most.

7. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    Agreed. In my estimation Gobert is around #10 in the league, a clear all-star. Mitchell is more like #16-20 in the league right now, which is "maybe All Star, maybe not" territory.