What's new

Should we rest Conley tomorrow?

Not going to make this a poll, but I think we should. The Spurs will be coming off a back-to-back with the Sixers and we will be playing at home. Let's roll the dice without Mike, at least for another game. Then, again, I don't know if he is even ready to play yet.

I am sure at this stage of the season they will only play him if he is 100 percent well.

Pretty sure that is likely the plan. If the rest of the Jazz show up and play focused it should be a win.

Big question is are they going to be lazy or actually play like they care or not. That's typically the big factor between us winning and losing this season.

I would be surprised if he's ready for the playoffs.

I definitely think he'll be ready for the playoffs. Earlier in the season when he first injured the hamstring he only missed 6 games. He was on The Jump on ESPN last week and he said the injury isn't serious at all. I think the Jazz are just being cautious, but he'll for sure be ready to go for the playoffs.

I definitely think he'll be ready for the playoffs. Earlier in the season when he first injured the hamstring he only missed 6 games. He was on The Jump on ESPN last week and he said the injury isn't serious at all. I think the Jazz are just being cautious, but he'll for sure be ready to go for the playoffs.

He missed a moth and a half last year with a hamstring which is way more typical for these injuries. There is a long break between the end of the season and the playoffs so maybe he'll make it, but I'll be very surprised if he plays another regular season game.

In other news, the Spurs play tonight against Philadelphia.

Depending on how you want to read that, I’d say Pops thinks he has a better chance against us than Philadelphia.

He missed a moth and a half last year with a hamstring which is way more typical for these injuries. There is a long break between the end of the season and the playoffs so maybe he'll make it, but I'll be very surprised if he plays another regular season game.
You’re speaking from the point of a previous personal injury about all of this. Maybe you should operate from the particulars of this case instead.

You’re speaking from the point of a previous personal injury about all of this. Maybe you should operate from the particulars of this case instead.

Well, I responding to a point made about previous personal injury about this. It’s only fair to point out that a 6 game absence is not typical expectation for a hamstring injury. There’s been a lot of soft tissue injuries in the league this year and they take time.

Given that there’s not many games left, many of those games are against teams trying to lose, and general caution about a sensitive injury that has reoccurred I’m not really expecting to see him back in the regular season.

Those are the particulars of this situation and I’m struggling to see why its even worth risking it.