What's new

Show Us Your Gaming Rig

So just want to talk about RAM.

First, I know I have more than I need with 32GB.

Second, I could have spent $20 more and gotten XMP 3400MHz RAM, but I read some reviews of 2600 vs 3000 vs 3400 and the 2600 basically won.

My RAM is the lowest speed available for this particular type (G. Skill Trident Z RGB) at 2400. It also has the lowest latency. I'm of the (mostly uninformed) opinion that latency is more important than raw speed.

My latency is not super low, just 15. There is stuff out there at 10, but more reasonably at 12-14.

This is one of those things that I think can bump a benchmark .001 points in your favor, but not something I think one can see in the real world. Not something that will have any impact at all on your experience using the PC. So I saved the little bit of money and bought the lowest speed RAM available, while spending more because my RAM has fancy RGB lighting.

Derp.

to be honest i never looked at ram. just bought the nicest looking one, with heatsink and get as much as possible. saw a video on youtube froom linus,or jayz or bitwit, or pauls or whoever that ran benchmark with different ram, and it did not seem to matter

If I did liquid cooling it would be for aesthetics, really.

Sounds like the 7700k and 7600k can hit 5ghz pretty easily without extreme cooling. That's my target so the aio should work for what I want to do.

Yeah as far as RAM, the stuff I saw showed almost no difference and the slowest RAM had ever so slightly better results.

I'm liking the paint job so far. Need to do another coat when I get home tonight.

You watch Linus channel on YouTube, Gameface? Some of the stuff you've picked have been featured in their videos. If not, it's a good channel to follow.

Not sure why JTT negged me for my wondering how people found time for this. My comment was not a criticism at all, or if it was it was of me, as I just suck with time management I guess. Whatever.

You watch Linus channel on YouTube, Gameface? Some of the stuff you've picked have been featured in their videos. If not, it's a good channel to follow.
I haven't but I'll check it out.

Not sure why JTT negged me for my wondering how people found time for this. My comment was not a criticism at all, or if it was it was of me, as I just suck with time management I guess. Whatever.

He negged me today too. Must be having a bad day.

well people sometimes ask me this same question. how i get the time to watch and do so much ****!
basiclly i sleep less and i always seem to multitaks.
for example in the car i listen to podcast eg :joe rogan (depending on guest), mma live chat from luke tomas
when at home i always watch a tv show as background noise(rewatching old shows i already seen for example) but also new one. yes i know i miss stuff when i watch a show like that, but mostly i re-watch those show in the same fashion.

for example now i am rewatching stargate atlantis, while having hornets rockets on 1 screen. while just doing some business administration stuff, while browsing jazzfanz.

whenever i am busy with my modding or pc building i usually tend to also multitask by listening to audiobooks

also have a speedo aquabeat, for listening to stuff while swimming! mostly i just listen to music while swimming

Do you air out everyone who negs you? Just take your neg like a man.

Do you air out everyone who negs you? Just take your neg like a man.

Air out? I asked a question because I wondered if he misunderstood me. Funny how you call people a bish but your little pouting fest today in nightmare's forum for pages and pages was the biggest display of bitchiness the site has seen in some time. And that's taking into consideration GF's recent rants.

Air out? I asked a question because I wondered if he misunderstood me. Funny how you call people a bish but your little pouting fest today in nightmare's forum for pages and pages was the biggest display of bitchiness the site has seen in some time. And that's taking into consideration GF's recent rants.
Yes, every time you get negged you cry about it to everyone.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

wow seems like great news:

It looks like pricing for the top-tier eight core Ryzen CPUs has been leaked. We're looking at less than $500 for the Ryzen R7 1800X, the new eight-core, 16-thread AMD superchip.

The new Zen architecture could change the CPU landscape when it launches this year, but right now these are the best CPUs for gaming.

WCCFTech have been digging around on shopblt.com and have uncovered the pricing for the eight-core chips, and claim that they've been a reliable source for previous AMD CPU pricing in the past.

The chips are the R7 1800X at $490, R7 1700X at $382 and the R7 1700 priced at $317. The two chips with the 'X' suffix are 95W parts and the standard R 1700 comes with a pretty chilled 65W TDP.

Interestingly the two 'X' chips are also listed as 'WOF' parts, which translates as 'without fan' while the standard R7 1700 is listed as 'PIB' or 'processor in box.' To me that would indicate the R7 1800X and R7 1700X are going to be the overclocking-focused versions of the Ryzen CPU range as they're expected to be paired with third-party coolers, while the 65W R7 1700 will come with a standard AMD chip chiller because it's not expected to be pushed beyond its normal frequency boundaries.

Though all Ryzen chips will be overclockable if you've got them dropped into a compatible motherboard, thanks to the universally unlocked multipliers. There are also reportedly 'X' series processors in all three tiers of Ryzen chip, delivering overclockable CPUs right down to the bottom of their stack.

if true intel has to drop prices :D