What's new

Show Us Your Gaming Rig

My current setup

PZ376.jpg

Once I save some lunch money, I'll be upgrading.

paddle-ball-red-rubber-string-tied-to-wood-isolated-white-background-34640760.jpg

How many of you gamers get physical activity and/or have children? I'm not being all Gyp here. I'm genuinely curious because I have two kids and little time for physical activity after work as it is and can't imagine dedicating myself for hours to some video game...though my gambling does take up a good chunk of my time I suppose.

I was a ****ing stud at Baseball Stars back in the day. Used to crush fools with that Japanese team. Make crazy over the wall catches all the time. Good times.

How many of you gamers get physical activity and/or have children? I'm not being all Gyp here. I'm genuinely curious because I have two kids and little time for physical activity after work as it is and can't imagine dedicating myself for hours to some video game...though my gambling does take up a good chunk of my time I suppose.

I get lots and lots of physical activity. I get a workout of some type almost every day. But I also work at some point inside a gym facility most days. I have found that shorter workouts and less of them (1-3 a week) are fine if you are eating decent, getting an intense workout, sleeping well and keep it up regularly. I cut back most of my new athletes I train workouts schedule because they are wasting their time and over training. I also get outdoors 1-3 times a week to fish, mountain bike, hike, snowboard or something else. I dont have kids nor plan on having them. I am married for 12 years or so and have a very active social life I usually go out with friends or my wife 2-4 times a week. I also dont drown myself in work because its a waste of time. I would rather have fun than grind away at work even if I have a little less money than when I did work more.

Not going to lie being in a healthy dual income no kids household leads to a very fulfilling happy life, not that people dont have that with kids. Kids are alright too.

The other day I walked to the kitchen to get another jar of mayonnaise and a fresh spoon. Does that count?

The majority of the parts needed for my new system have been ordered. Still need to buy the monitor and a new PSU as well as case fans.

Bought some flashy RAM that will help pimp out my color scheme.
skill_trident_z_rgb_678x452.jpg

So I ordered this guy today.

pic1.jpg

There will be some custom painting done, but I don't think I'm going to try to do Jazz colors. I'm going to keep it sort of simple.
It has arrived!

I think I'm just going to paint the interior blood red and leave the outside white.

Any suggestions?

It has arrived!

I think I'm just going to paint the interior blood red and leave the outside white.

Any suggestions?
Are you doing LEDs, colored liquid cooling or anything else? I do like the white exterior and leaving it. Red is always a good choice.

go for a classic jazz color theme, but than again you would have to plastidip certain parts, which i dont recommend

I considered it, very seriously. I wouldn't have plastidipped anything. There is white in the Jazz color scheme. Then dark blue, forest green and yellow. I just wasn't sure how that would turn out.

I bought some red paint and I think I'll be happy with red on white with RGB mother board, RAM and case fans to customize as I see fit.

Are you doing LEDs, colored liquid cooling or anything else? I do like the white exterior and leaving it. Red is always a good choice.

So I haven't committed to a full-on liquid cooling solution yet. I might do that in the future, but for now it'll just be an all-in-one liquid CPU cooler.

I haven't ordered the case fans yet. I will run at stock speed with just a few fans and the liquid CPU cooler for now. I will need at least 12 case fans and those will most likely be RGB, well most of them. The motherboard has a bunch of RGB lighting that can be customized, along with the RAM I showed.

This case is ready for two independent liquid cooling loops, so you could potentially have two different colors of liquid cooling running around. It'll give me something to mess with in the future if I get bored. I can always re-paint if I decide to go in a different direction.

So just want to talk about RAM.

First, I know I have more than I need with 32GB.

Second, I could have spent $20 more and gotten XMP 3400MHz RAM, but I read some reviews of 2600 vs 3000 vs 3400 and the 2600 basically won.

My RAM is the lowest speed available for this particular type (G. Skill Trident Z RGB) at 2400. It also has the lowest latency. I'm of the (mostly uninformed) opinion that latency is more important than raw speed.

My latency is not super low, just 15. There is stuff out there at 10, but more reasonably at 12-14.

This is one of those things that I think can bump a benchmark .001 points in your favor, but not something I think one can see in the real world. Not something that will have any impact at all on your experience using the PC. So I saved the little bit of money and bought the lowest speed RAM available, while spending more because my RAM has fancy RGB lighting.

Derp.

So I haven't committed to a full-on liquid cooling solution yet. I might do that in the future, but for now it'll just be an all-in-one liquid CPU cooler.

I haven't ordered the case fans yet. I will run at stock speed with just a few fans and the liquid CPU cooler for now. I will need at least 12 case fans and those will most likely be RGB, well most of them. The motherboard has a bunch of RGB lighting that can be customized, along with the RAM I showed.

This case is ready for two independent liquid cooling loops, so you could potentially have two different colors of liquid cooling running around. It'll give me something to mess with in the future if I get bored. I can always re-paint if I decide to go in a different direction.

wjhat videocard will you run. with a 1060 or 1070 liquid cooling wont be needed. just the aio

Back