What's new

Show Us Your Gaming Rig

So is this an actual lucrative thing and do you need to be unicum to do such a thing?

Probably not what you'd call lucrative. You earn anywhere between $1k-$3k per million views on Youtube. I doubt Twitch offers much better rates.

Unicum?

And I said I make money doing it, not make a living.

Sorry, I was wondering if that was a word in common usage or just part of a certain game I play. It means "unique specimen," or someone who is exceptionally good at the game.

So I ordered this guy today.

pic1.jpg

There will be some custom painting done, but I don't think I'm going to try to do Jazz colors. I'm going to keep it sort of simple.

Buying a Surface Pro 3 with 8gb of Ram and 256 gb of HD. I imagine those specs compare favorably with what you newbs are running. I'll pwn you in whatever game we're playing later.

Buying a Surface Pro 3 with 8gb of Ram and 256 gb of HD. I imagine those specs compare favorably with what you newbs are running. I'll pwn you in whatever game we're playing later.

Make sure you buy the new Surface 4 keyboard, if you're opting for the Type Cover. It's a lot nicer.

As I'm researching the equipment I plan to get I'm realizing the the splurge monitor I was going to buy is not the best option for my system.

I have an nvidia graphics card and nvidia has a proprietary method to eliminate image tearing and stutter called G-Sync. G-Sync actually requires hardware installed in the monitor. The monitor I was looking at supports AMD's solution to that problem (image tearing and stutter) Freesync. Freesync is handled by the graphics card but does require firmware support on the monitor.

The most awesome part is that at $550 it was already the single most expensive part of the build. G-Sync monitors cost about $200 more than their freesync equivalent. I was excited about the BenQ monitor as it seemed like a lot of people thought very very highly of that brand and people seemed very satisfied with the monitor I was looking at. BenQ doesn't make any G-Sync monitors (or at least not any 144Hz, 1440p, 27" monitors) like the one I was looking at. So it seems the big players in G-Sync are Asus and Acer.

The Asus monitors I looked at have a lot of horrible reviews. Some good reviews, too, but it seems like it's a quality control thing so you're taking your chances. Fortunately it seems like BlB (black light bleed) is the biggest issue and that's not a killer for me. They (Asus) also claim that they've stepped up their quality control game on these monitors, so maybe I'll be lucky and things will be perfect. But it is going to cost about $120 more than the BenQ monitor I was looking at.

The equivalent Acer monitors are $800.

There are some promising amoleds out there. No blb at all.

As I'm researching the equipment I plan to get I'm realizing the the splurge monitor I was going to buy is not the best option for my system.

I have an nvidia graphics card and nvidia has a proprietary method to eliminate image tearing and stutter called G-Sync. G-Sync actually requires hardware installed in the monitor. The monitor I was looking at supports AMD's solution to that problem (image tearing and stutter) Freesync. Freesync is handled by the graphics card but does require firmware support on the monitor.

The most awesome part is that at $550 it was already the single most expensive part of the build. G-Sync monitors cost about $200 more than their freesync equivalent. I was excited about the BenQ monitor as it seemed like a lot of people thought very very highly of that brand and people seemed very satisfied with the monitor I was looking at. BenQ doesn't make any G-Sync monitors (or at least not any 144Hz, 1440p, 27" monitors) like the one I was looking at. So it seems the big players in G-Sync are Asus and Acer.

The Asus monitors I looked at have a lot of horrible reviews. Some good reviews, too, but it seems like it's a quality control thing so you're taking your chances. Fortunately it seems like BlB (black light bleed) is the biggest issue and that's not a killer for me. They (Asus) also claim that they've stepped up their quality control game on these monitors, so maybe I'll be lucky and things will be perfect. But it is going to cost about $120 more than the BenQ monitor I was looking at.

The equivalent Acer monitors are $800.

with monitors i just wait a bit, dont need ot be on the front line.

i do wanna spent some benjamins on the vive. maybe if the vive 2.0 comes out i am getting one. got the space for it and the hardware for it.

i was a skeptic until i tried it it was AWESOME