What's new

Sign Simone Fontecchio

Ausar is not still going to be on the board at 11 and Black's not going to be there at 16.
Wouldnt shock me to see Black drop, especially if guys like JHS are rising.

If Black goes to the combine and measures with a mediocre wingspan (almost none of these prospects have official measurements because of covid) and puts up mediocre athletic testing, he could be in to drop out of the lottery. He's has not performed exceptionally well this year and I dont foresee him having a great tourney.

Wouldnt shock me to see Black drop, especially if guys like JHS are rising.

If Black goes to the combine and measures with a mediocre wingspan (almost none of these prospects have official measurements because of covid) and puts up mediocre athletic testing, he could be in to drop out of the lottery. He's has not performed exceptionally well this year and I dont foresee him having a great tourney.

I could see him dropping a little but I have a hard time seeing him dropping all the way to 16. I really think he'll end up being a lottery pick.

Simone is really starting to pick things up now. Definitely looks like an NBA player these days. It's crazy how much he's improved his D.

Simone being a rotation quality player is one of the better things to happen to the Jazz this year. Unfortunately I'm not sure if there is anything positive to do with him. I don't think he really has any trade value with less than a year left on his contract, but I'm also not sure if he's worth re-signing with where we are at in our rebuild.

Good call Cy!!! Simone has been huge for us these past two games, and playing well all season. He's settled into his role now as an NBA player and he's still bringing that frenetic energy only now it's more focused. The kid is surprisingly athletic and not afraid to get up into marquee players on defense. That defensive prowess is what really gets me excited.

Good call Cy!!! Simone has been huge for us these past two games, and playing well all season. He's settled into his role now as an NBA player and he's still bringing that frenetic energy only now it's more focused. The kid is surprisingly athletic and not afraid to get up into marquee players on defense. That defensive prowess is what really gets me excited.
He is actually the 4th oldest guy in the roster at 27. But your points are still good.

He's definitely worth keeping
If he wants to stay in NBA
He might want more money and more minutes but he's shown he can play
Not sure how much more money he can command. He might be locked into minimum short term deals unless he really really improves. Kind of like in a Yuta Watanabe cycle.

The Fonz is absolutely a keeper. I hope the Jazz will extend his contract.
He is 28 years old, a good shooter, enough athletic, active on defense and giving 100% on the court.
In addition his next contract will be still affordable.
He deserves more consideration by the Jazz Nation.
Kind of reminds me of Joe Ingles career. He came in as an after thought and was better than we thought after a couple years. Ingles showed flashes in the first 3 years then really took off. They both came into the NBA at 27.

Ahhh. The Roman Bowman has been lighting it up as of late. Huge fan of this guy. Hope the Jazz keep him around for awhile. Dude puts in tons of effort on the defensive end and is shooting lights out from the perimeter.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz