What's new

Sixers @ Jazz 11/6/19 7:00pm(MST)

Going to this one tonight, probably the only game I'll be able to go to this year. Really wishing I would've chose a different game because I think Philly might be a matchup nightmare for us because of their size. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

3 days between games and we’re at home.

Philly on a tough West Coast trip.

What about it is a schedule loss? Unless you mean for Philly?

This. Wtf.

I think a few reasons. One being that this team is functioning at about 60% of what I believe our full capacity is. It's a transition period, and being able to fall back on 'just being yourself' or 'just being natural' is hard because we don't even know what that is, so it leaves us overthinking things, and we're overthinking the past two games and haven't had enough bunny games to get in a groove. Other variables include Embiid coming back, plus 48 minutes of Embiid and Horford being able to drag Gobert out of the paint, unless Gobert is guarding Simmons. If he's pulled out of the paint for their shots, or if he contests a shot, you'll have one of Embiid or Horford available to fight with the rest of our poor rebounding guys.

I believe we can beat Philly, but that's when we're actually established. Until then, it's a crapshoot. I'm not saying for sure we lose, and I'm not saying we suck if we can't beat them, but just saying that my head would lean a bit more to this being a loss.

This is going to be an interesting game. I don't know what to expect, but whatever happens will show the heart is this team and what players are in it and which aren't.

Going to this one tonight, probably the only game I'll be able to go to this year. Really wishing I would've chose a different game because I think Philly might be a matchup nightmare for us because of their size. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Are they gonna drop the bomb or not?

I think a few reasons. One being that this team is functioning at about 60% of what I believe our full capacity is. It's a transition period, and being able to fall back on 'just being yourself' or 'just being natural' is hard because we don't even know what that is, so it leaves us overthinking things, and we're overthinking the past two games and haven't had enough bunny games to get in a groove. Other variables include Embiid coming back, plus 48 minutes of Embiid and Horford being able to drag Gobert out of the paint, unless Gobert is guarding Simmons. If he's pulled out of the paint for their shots, or if he contests a shot, you'll have one of Embiid or Horford available to fight with the rest of our poor rebounding guys.

I believe we can beat Philly, but that's when we're actually established. Until then, it's a crapshoot. I'm not saying for sure we lose, and I'm not saying we suck if we can't beat them, but just saying that my head would lean a bit more to this being a loss.
I get that. I’ve been preaching patience for weeks. I’ll bump the “hotheads” thread if we lose tonight and the braughs around here start freakin. But what you said is not what I think of as a “scheduled loss.”

This will be a fun game. Match-ups are strange for both sides. Hope Conley has had some time to decompress, review film, and settle in better. If he is good, the game should be a coin flip.

That's fair but I'd call that a 'matchup loss'

I hope I'm wrong but I have absolutely no faith in this team tonight. I'm not hitting the panic button but as of right now I don't feel this team has played good basketball a majority of the season. At times, yeah we've looked great but for the most part we've looked out of sync and disinterested.

This is a tough game, folks. Utah needs to bring a ton of intensity, perhaps some nasty too.

The Jazz's backcourt needs to outperform the Sixers' backcourt and Bogdanovic needs to play at least as well as Tobias Harris. Then our defense needs to contain their bigs.