What's new

Smart says Jazz not interested in him

Valid concerns.

I see none of your mentioned his character.

Which was exactly my point. So thank you

Nah man, I definitely agree with you on this. If anything the Jazz need some of that fire and passion that Smart plays with.

Lol if you think Smart and Allen are comparable offensively just because they both have shooting issues.

Smart obviously a better scorer and Allen was a first or second team all defender. I still see some similarities with them though, when push comes to shove Smart will be known more as a dominant defender then scorer, imo.

Smart obviously a better scorer and Allen was a first or second team all defender. I still see some similarities with them though, when push comes to shove Smart will be known more as a dominant defender then scorer, imo.

Smart already is known as more of a dominant defender than a scorer…so I don't see your point. Just because he's a better defender than scorer doesn't make him Tony freaking Allen.

Similarities? They're black, fairly athletic, great at defense, and they played at OK State. I don't know if you were old enough to watch Tony Allen play in college, but while he may have scored a decent amount, he wasn't a good offensive player. Smart, is obviously a much better offensive player.

Never liked Smart, never have, never will, glad he won't be joining the Jazz.

That's all I've gotta say about that.

Smart already is known as more of a dominant defender than a scorer…so I don't see your point. Just because he's a better defender than scorer doesn't make him Tony freaking Allen.

Similarities? They're black, fairly athletic, great at defense, and they played at OK State. I don't know if you were old enough to watch Tony Allen play in college, but while he may have scored a decent amount, he wasn't a good offensive player. Smart, is obviously a much better offensive player.

Smart with 29% from three on 5.1 attempts per game and 42% from field with 12.5 attempts a game.

Allen with 29% from three on 2.1 attempts per game and 50% from field on 12.4 attempts a game in college.

Gotta watch the games bro. Marcus Smart is better offensively right now than Tony Allen is, and the latter's been in the league for quite a few years.

Gotta watch the games bro. Marcus Smart is better offensively right now than Tony Allen is, and the latter's been in the league for quite a few years.

Smart is not a great offensive player. He will struggle to score in the league.

Yes the Tony Allen comparison is a little out there.

It's funny he said that the Jazz are "not interested" in him. Rather than simply saying he hasn't heard much from them. Just didn't seem like a super polished answer.

Pretty wild we haven't brought him in for a workout for smokescreen purposes, though. Could be we've tried and he just doesn't want to be here.

Yes the Tony Allen comparison is a little out there.

It's funny he said that the Jazz are "not interested" in him. Rather than simply saying he hasn't heard much from them. Just didn't seem like a super polished answer.

Pretty wild we haven't brought him in for a workout for smokescreen purposes, though. Could be we've tried and he just doesn't want to be here.

Probably isn't crazy about starting off as a bench player, which is what he would likely be here in year one.

Character trumps talent more often than not with this franchise. The good news is there's plenty of both at #5 such that they won't have to feel like they're having to make that choice.

That's stupid. I don't give a **** about having boy scouts out there. I want players who give a damn.