What's new

Snyder to step down - Woj

He's also less of a news breaker/scoops guys and more of an analyst, so he has more leeway to forgo the relationships part of NBA reporting.
He’s got stones… those guys call him out in public on Twitter so he’s taking some risk. I can’t imagine it’s super cool for him when he’s around the guys.

That sounds like a really great assistant coach. Not a great head coach.
Possibly. I'm usually more on the track of trying something new in hopes it turns out better. Sure it could blow up in your face but that's the risk I think is worth taking. Be the team to see if he sinks or swims. If you want more of the same (low risk) go with someone like Stotts imo

No. Don haters will spin this against him somehow

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I mean, the overwhelming sentiment from all of us is that Mitchell is likely to stay on the team for the foreseeable future and Quin just opted out of that....

Of course something could happen and maybe the Jazz just fully blow it up (fingers crossed) then that's obviously something we can read into less.

What coach can get this team to the 2nd round of the playoffs? None. This jobs expectations is a career trap.
If this team was playing like it was at the beginning half of the season we make it to the WCF imo. We played terrible in the playoffs and still kept it close with Dallas. We should've won that series.

Does anyone know if the report said that Quin is getting paid or not for his final contract year?

If he is, I would double down on Bryant or another 1st year coach being hired. Smith will want to pay as little as possible.