What's new

So...are any of the new players good?

campaignist

Not posting this in the trade thread itself but I've watched maybe 2 timberwolves games this year. Are any of the new young players good? I know about Beverly

Vanderbilt is solid and Kessler is promising.

The rest, meh.
Unless the Jazz see Kessler as being a long-term piece, they should look at him as a traceable asset to make one of these potential deals with Conley, Bogey or Clarkson more favorable. Stock up on assets and give yourself as many shots at a star player as you possibly can.

I’d like to keep Vanderbilt. He’s useful and cheap. The rest can be traded as far as I’m concerned.

What are you talking about. Beverly is a solid guard and Beasley is a 6th man of the year caliber player.
The OP said he already knew about Bev.

Beasley being a 6th man of the year caliber is hilarious. Thank you for the laugh.

Beverley - aging defender, great trash talker, one year rental for sure but can give you some minutes
Vanderbilt - still really young, solid defender, not a lot of range. Gives us a different look off the bench though
Beasley - a bit of a chucker, was much better in 2020 than last year when he really lit up the boards. Along with NAW and JC, not a lot of minutes to go around so stay tuned
Bolmaro - had a pretty horrific rookie year, but it was a rookie year in slop minutes. Fine to take a flyer on him and if he amounts to anything, great. If not, you release and move on
Kessler - will be a good question to see if him and Dok carve out some backup minutes or not. I get the sense that Ainge isn't high on Dok and that he's moving on

You can see why Forrest wasn't picked up. I don't think it's a great day for Butler unless some of these guys are further offloaded as there's only so minutes for the backcourt.

Beverley - aging defender, great trash talker, one year rental for sure but can give you some minutes
Vanderbilt - still really young, solid defender, not a lot of range. Gives us a different look off the bench though
Beasley - a bit of a chucker, was much better in 2020 than last year when he really lit up the boards. Along with NAW and JC, not a lot of minutes to go around so stay tuned
Bolmaro - had a pretty horrific rookie year, but it was a rookie year in slop minutes. Fine to take a flyer on him and if he amounts to anything, great. If not, you release and move on
Kessler - will be a good question to see if him and Dok carve out some backup minutes or not. I get the sense that Ainge isn't high on Dok and that he's moving on

You maybe right on your comments
But Jazz are trying to get younger, longer, more athletic and this helps

You maybe right on your comments
But Jazz are trying to get younger, longer, more athletic and this helps
I'm sure the Jazz asked for McDaniels and were rebuffed. My guess is that aside from the salary match, they just didn't want to take on long-term debt which is reasonable.

Stop it. Clarkson was viewed as a bad contract and a chucker and had never had a season better than what Beasley did in the 20-21 season. You are just making yourself look foolish.

Vanderbilt will be a fan favorite.

I can almost guarantee the key pieces of the deal for Utah were McDaniels and Vanderbilt. I imagine Ainge wanted both, but he had to have at least one or the deal wouldn’t get done. He got Vanderbilt and when Minny said he couldn’t also have JM, Ainge made them throw in another pick.

Vanderbilt might have the best motor in the league. He’s everywhere and never stops moving. Always in the passing lanes, helping on D, crashing the offensive glass, taking charges, getting deflections, moving without the ball, running the floor, etc, and he can adequately defend all five positions. Just a badass.

Can’t shoot for ****, but he can handle the ball and is a good passer. It’s cliche, but he’s the ultimate high motor guy that can impact the game without scoring.

Bolmaro was scheduled to play summer league with the TWolves so I wonder if he will play for the Jazz. Bolmaro averaged 17 ppg in the GLeague. He's 6'6" so there is a wing. If the Jazz don't make another move they have depth with this bunch.

Vanderbilt will be a fan favorite.

I can almost guarantee the key pieces of the deal for Utah were McDaniels and Vanderbilt. I imagine Ainge wanted both, but he had to have at least one or the deal wouldn’t get done. He got Vanderbilt and when Minny said he couldn’t also have JM, Ainge made them throw in another pick.

Vanderbilt might have the best motor in the league. He’s everywhere and never stops moving. Always in the passing lanes, helping on D, crashing the offensive glass, taking charges, getting deflections, moving without the ball, running the floor, etc, and he can adequately defend all five positions. Just a badass.

Can’t shoot for ****, but he can handle the ball and is a good passer. It’s cliche, but he’s the ultimate high motor guy that can impact the game without scoring.
Vanderbilt is the better out of the two IMO. mcdaniels is younger and has more shooting potential(31% from deep isn't ideal) but vanderbilt just has better feel for the game. always at the right place at the right time and make plays with extreme smart/discipline. very coachable kid.

Mcdaniels on the other hand would often struggle to stay out of foul trouble(fouled out in 8 games this season and 5 fouls in 7) and look lost on the court at times, which has been his biggest issue since college.

Minny has an overall net negative ratings with Mcdaniels on the floor and BIG positive with Vanderbilt.