What's new

So...are any of the new players good?

The short answer is no. They are all 6-15 roster pieces. Also the picks are plentiful but most likely going to be glorified 2nd round quality. End of 1st round picks are the worst cause those players get automatic guaranteed deals.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

The short answer is no. They are all 6-15 roster pieces. Also the picks are plentiful but most likely going to be glorified 2nd round quality. End of 1st round picks are the worst cause those players get automatic guaranteed deals.

the bolded doesn't even make sense, tbh. the question was are any of them good? 6th roster guys are generally pretty damn good. Both Beverley and Vanderbilt were actually starters all season. Beasley is easily a 6th or 7th guy off the bench. double figure scorer in 5 of his 8 seasons.

iow, the short answer, is yes. three of them are pretty damn good and the other two are young guys with some potential.

the bolded doesn't even make sense, tbh. the question was are any of them good? 6th roster guys are generally pretty damn good. Both Beverley and Vanderbilt were actually starters all season. Beasley is easily a 6th or 7th guy off the bench. double figure scorer in 5 of his 8 seasons.

iow, the short answer, is yes. three of them are pretty damn good and the other two are young guys with some potential.
Trading the best defensive big the NBA has had since Olajawon and getting back at best a 6th man.
No these players aren't "good". Not 1 quality starter.
The Jazz went from top 5 to bottom 5 and people are excited.
The picks are a gamble, based on the youth of this team the best the Jazz can hope for is 4+ years from now the Timberwolves suck.

Jarred Vanderbilt is an alpha dog bro. He's just what we needed at the 4. We haven't had a forward that can rebound as good as him since AK and Boozer.

He can dunk on foo's too
He put up like 6 points a game. He's a hustle guy buy not an alpha at all.

Excited about Vanderbilt. What’s the scoop on that Bolmaro dude?
1st round pick in 2020 but stayed in Europe for a year. Came to the NBA last year but didn't play a ton for the Wolves, was primarily on their G-League team. In the G-League he averaged 14/5/6 but struggled a little bit with his 3P shot, he's 21 years old, 6'7 with a 6'9" WS and has been compared to Joe Ingles.

He came through on draftkings for me a few nights with big rebounding numbers, and a few blocks. There's always room for him to develop too.

Bev is Bev. If there is one guy who can get Mitchell to play defense, it's him. Or Don is going to be unnerved and uncomfortable. Both are good by me.

Vanderbilt is a heady player with defensive chops. High hustle, good feel on the offensive end though skills are lacking. Hard not to like a player like him but one of the reason KAT at 5 wasn't as effective was because they put a 4 on KAT and let their 5 roam off Vanderbilt. His shooting can be a killer for teams.

I was high on Bolmaro pre-draft. He was underwhelming for sure but his struggles can be chalked up to spot minutes and no defined role. He is much more of a feel and rhythm guy and still has upside, especially if the shot comes along.

Don't sleep on these assets. It is possible that our recent playoff chances would have better with this current roster than with our 21-22 team.

Beverley and Vanderbilt are easily better perimeter defenders than anybody we had including Royce. Beasley would have added a much needed additional scorer since we struggled with that.

Like I'll keep saying - all depends on our new coach.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Don't sleep on these assets. It is possible that our recent playoff chances would have better with this current roster than with our 21-22 team.

Beverley and Vanderbilt are easily better perimeter defenders than anybody we had including Royce. Beasley would have added a much needed additional scorer since we struggled with that.

Like I'll keep saying - all depends on our new coach.

We need to go get Poeltl

Vanderbilt is starter material. I just think we need a floor stretching 5.

If pre paid AK47 and Detroits Rodman had a love child together it would Vanderbilt. He can dribble and pass he’s what I call an aggressive hustle guy in all aspects. Very heady. He just a winner without being a scorer like Rodman and AK. You don’t have to score a lot to be an Alfa

Vanderbilt is a heady player with defensive chops. High hustle, good feel on the offensive end though skills are lacking.
Only skill lacking is shooting. He’s good handles and can pass
I think Ainge is gonna turn Bojan and a Minny 1st into Ayton.

I’m more in favor of Ayton as time goes by. Ayton and Vandy seem a good fit and the two of them in the lineup along with Patrick Beasley I think elevates Mitchell’s affectiness and star quality

Vanderbilt was in a perfect situation for his skillset.

He's not a starter on most teams. He's a solid bench player.

Same with Beverly.

Same likely with Kessler.

Same likely with Bolmaro (though he has the most potential IMO).