What's new

So who would of you picked?

I am.

In 2001, the Jazz drafted Raul Lopez (24) over Gerald Wallace (25), Samuel Dalembert (26), Tony Parker (28), Gilbert Arenas (31).

In 2002, the Jazz drafted Ryan Humphrey (19) over Tayshaun Prince (23), John Salmons (26), Carlos Boozer (35), Matt Barnes (46), Rasual Butler (53), Luis Scola (56).

In 2003, the Jazz drafted Aleksandar Pavlovic (19) over Boris Diaw (21), Travis Outlaw (23), Kendrick Perkins (27), Leandro Barbosa (28), Josh Howard (29).

In 2004, the Jazz drafted Kris Humphires (14) over Al Jefferson (15) then Kirk Snyder (16) over Josh Smith (17), JR Smith (18), Jameer Nelson (20), Tony Allen (25), Kevin Martin (26), Anderson Varejeo (31), Trevor Ariza (44).

In 2007, the Jazz drafted Morris Almond (25) over Aaron Brooks (26), Carl Landry (31), Glen Davis (35), Marc Gasol (48), Ramon Sessions (56).

In 2008, the Jazz drafted Kosta Koufos (23) over Nicolas Batum (25), George Hill (26), Goran Dragic (45).

In 2009, the Jazz drafted Eric Maynor (20) over Darren Collison (21), Rodrigue Beaubois (25), Taj Gibson (26), Dejuan Blair (37), Marcus Thornton (43), Chase Budinger (44).

So don't tell me the Jazz know what they're doing in the draft.
The Jazz haven't a clue what they're doing.
Hayward will prove to be one of the biggest busts of all time as you can expect at least a dozen of the players drafted after him to end up better players in the NBA.

it is illogical to after-the-fact take a list of players who were drafted below where they should have been picked, and using this to support the fact that the Jazz are inept at drafting. Every team in the NBA can be argued to inept using the same logic. Or, viewed differently, you could say that no one is capable of predicting how good a player will be in the NBA. This last view seems the most credible and also the most obvious. It is true in every sport. It is true everywhere. Take an engineer (or accountant, or anyone), take their college transcript and interviews, you might be able to predict based on GPA, etc, how well someone is going to do professionally. You will blow more than you get right, because there are too many uncertainties and intangibles (who is going to have personal problems that get in the way, start drinking heavily, not get the right supervisor/coach, the right opportunities, etc, etc.....)

I find the opposite to be true, finding it hard to believe that the scouts, etc, get it as right as they do.

George Paul or trade down for Hassan Whiteside
WARNING WARNING WARNING ------------------DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU GET OFFENDED EASILY!----------------------WARNING WARNING WARNING

Whiteside was a 2nd round pick, you do know that, right? Could you imagine the out cry from Jazzfanz if we kept trading back and back and back to get Whiteside. The Knicks pick we waited 6 years for ending up being a #25 pick and we get a big guy that might be the next Kosta or David Harrison??

Last edited:
NO ONE they should have treaded it
Treaded? You talking about a tire or the Jazz' pick, oh I know your head got ran over and left tread marks on your head, that would explain a lot.

Like I posted in another thread the only wing player left available I would've liked better is Henry and for big men Patterson is the only one I would've liked left. A trade may have been nice depending but I'll trust that KOC tried, just look at the past drafts he has made several most of them in the 2nd round however and I still have hopes there could be one during the summer, guess we'll see.