What's new

Sounds Like Favors is Coming Back

We were not absolutely destroyed in our playoff elimination game this year. We lost the first 2 games. But then lost on a game that was anyone's game on a last second shot. We won the next game and barely lost the last one. All that despite being on a huge cold steak shooting as a team on wide open shots.

But I also know you want to be negative so have at it.

Over the past ten years, Utah is 3-24 in series they're eliminated. I don't care if the games themselves are fairly competitive - that stat is abysmal.

We were not absolutely destroyed in our playoff elimination game this year. We lost the first 2 games. But then lost on a game that was anyone's game on a last second shot. We won the next game and barely lost the last one. All that despite being on a huge cold steak shooting as a team on wide open shots.

But I also know you want to be negative so have at it.

This guy logics like a BYU fan.

“We lose but it’s clooooooose.”

Over the past ten years, Utah is 3-24 in series they're eliminated. I don't care if the games themselves are fairly competitive - that stat is abysmal.
Yep, we have not been title contenders yet. So when we run into teams that are we lose. Thankfully we are getting closer. Although I am not sure this team will ever take too many risks to get there. They are not going to sacrifice the future for an all in chance like the Raptors did. We just have to hope for some luck. Frankly I am happy to be a solid playoff team for a long time and hope that we get some luck. Just like the Jazz did with Stockton and Malone. How many years did it take them to get anywhere in the playoffs? Unfortunately we didnt win it all any of those years.

Faves is definitely NOT the problem. In the Houston series, he matched or exceeded Rudy in most advanced categories, with an effective shooting % of around .650. Having a center like those 2 on the court the entire game is awesome.

Jae Crowder, on the other hand, took THIRTY 3 point attempts... and made 9, the second most attempts at the 3. (Mitchell had an off-series from 3 as well, but maybe I'm not quite ready to give up on him. ;-) Crowder's got attitude. Couldn't care less. Can't shoot, not a lock-down defender.

Rubio's another that gots to go. Thankfully I think he will. Upgrades for Crowder and Rubio, and we win that series. We shoot 35% from 3, we win that series.

Who's the upgrade for Rubio? Mitchell. Bring in Butler or Reddick or Terrance Ross. Crowder? Tougher. Thabo is better, imo. Keep him at least. Millsap would be awesome.

We're closer than a lot of us think.

Yep, we have not been title contenders yet. So when we run into teams that are we lose. Thankfully we are getting closer. Although I am not sure this team will ever take too many risks to get there. They are not going to sacrifice the future for an all in chance like the Raptors did. We just have to hope for some luck. Frankly I am happy to be a solid playoff team for a long time and hope that we get some luck. Just like the Jazz did with Stockton and Malone. How many years did it take them to get anywhere in the playoffs? Unfortunately we didnt win it all any of those years.

The difference is that Stockton and Malone always felt infinitely closer to a NBA Finals run than the Jazz have at any point over the last ten years. Even discounting the 1997 and 1998 seasons, where they were at the pinnacle of their success, the franchise still managed to make the Conference Finals in 1992, 1994 and 1996. I'd be okay with what you're proposing if the Jazz made the WCF on average every two years. As is, though, the franchise has only made the WCF once in the last twenty years - and that was 12 years ago! Only Sacramento, Minnesota, LA Clippers and New Orleans have a longer WCF drought than the Jazz currently.

I've conceded it's not likely the Jazz ever win the NBA Finals. But I'll be real with you: I am tired of the Jazz getting bounced rather easily from the playoffs, often times unceremoniously.

Faves is definitely NOT the problem. In the Houston series, he matched or exceeded Rudy in most advanced categories, with an effective shooting % of around .650. Having a center like those 2 on the court the entire game is awesome.

Jae Crowder, on the other hand, took THIRTY 3 point attempts... and made 9, the second most attempts at the 3. (Mitchell had an off-series from 3 as well, but maybe I'm not quite ready to give up on him. ;-) Crowder's got attitude. Couldn't care less. Can't shoot, not a lock-down defender.

Rubio's another that gots to go. Thankfully I think he will. Upgrades for Crowder and Rubio, and we win that series. We shoot 35% from 3, we win that series.

Who's the upgrade for Rubio? Mitchell. Bring in Butler or Reddick or Terrance Ross. Crowder? Tougher. Thabo is better, imo. Keep him at least. Millsap would be awesome.

We're closer than a lot of us think.
Our whole team shot like ****. Ingles and korver also sucked shooting.

Honestly Favors and Royce are our only players that player at or above their usually level.

I have no idea why we shot so poorly. We had plenty of open shots

Our whole team shot like ****. Ingles and korver also sucked shooting.

Honestly Favors and Royce are our only players that player at or above their usually level.

I have no idea why we shot so poorly. We had plenty of open shots

For the year, Crowder shot under 40%, and 33% from 3. Need an upgrade there.