What's new

Source: Utah is Negotiating with Brewer

I mentioned Childress. With the TPE's that they have they could get any available wing in the league. Signing Brewer is lazy and cheap. I'm not the freaking GM but why work to get the TPE's and then just sign your trash from the previous year?

Actually Utah was interested in Childress, but Suns got him for 2012 2nd round pick (5 years 33 mil). So, he is off the board now.

I think we're being unnecessarily harsh on Brewer. Yeah he wasn't an all star, but I think we really missed his finishing at the basket last year after the trade. And although I have a man-crush on Matthews, his production is not the difference between the Jazz contending next year, it's more likely the difference between the 6th seed or the 7th seed.

If anyone can look at the roster with Matthews vs. with Brewer and see a large difference in the win column, then you have overestimated Matthew's impact.

We were a better team without Brewer. We did not miss him at all. In fact we would most likely have been a lower seed and 1st round exit if he was not traded.

Brewer is not a very good back-up wing. He would be a very good back up PF if he was 3 inches taller. But as a wing he is worthless. I stand by my statement. I would rather have Price as 3rd string SG than Brewer as the starter. And ****ing Sloan will start his sorry *** if he is here.

Look, let's not be irrational here. I just showed to you how minuscule Price's career accomplishments are compared to Brewer. And with the size difference, let's at least agree Price sucks for wing back-up compared to Brew, and is a 3d string PG, and not mention him any more. As far as Sloan starting Brew if KOC gets him, you might have a point. With that said, isn't it GM's job to get coach the players the coach wants? It is obvious Sloan wants Brew more than even Wes (that was evidenced by Jerry giving more mins to Brew, by starting Brew over Wes, and only giving Wes 10 mins in a game prior Brew's departure). So, what's wrong with a GM giving his coach a player that the coach believes is better than alternatives for starting line-up?

Lol. Typical Jazz offseason. Screw the good free agents like Mike Miller, Al Jefferson, Al Harrington, and JJ Redick. Let's focus on re-signing a player that lost his job to a rookie and we traded for garbage.

Look, let's not be irrational here. I just showed to you how minuscule Price's career accomplishments are compared to Brewer. And with the size difference, let's at least agree Price sucks for wing back-up compared to Brew, and is a 3d string PG, and not mention him any more. As far as Sloan starting Brew if KOC gets him, you might have a point. With that said, isn't it GM's job to get coach the players the coach wants? It is obvious Sloan wants Brew more than even Wes (that was evidenced by Jerry giving more mins to Brew, by starting Brew over Wes, and only giving Wes 10 mins in a game prior Brew's departure). So, what's wrong with a GM giving his coach a player that the coach believes is better than alternatives for starting line-up?

It's the GM's job to get useful player's at the position they play onto the roster. In other words get talent. I don't think Brewer (especially after knee surgery) is a talent at the wings because of shooting and lack of physicality.

Sloan's job is to play the players that help get wins and to get the most out of the talent he is given. For some reason Sloan falls in love with untalented but other wise hard working players. While not playing more talented players that maybe don't practice as hard as the less talented counterparts.

IE-Harpring continuing to play long past his expiration date and Collins playing at all ever. Brewer is another example of this. He was a huge offensive liability and hurt our team in the playoffs 2 years running. But continued to get more minutes than any other Jazz player not named Deron or Boozer.

He's like the girl that you broke up with but you still catch yourself wanting to talk to her when you're drunk. Or am I the only one that does that?

Brewer's the alright chick you kind of like but ultimately know it won't work out. So you go with the better chick (Matthews) but some dude (Portland) pulls up in shinier ride than you and steals her away. So you're left trying to get back with the old chick even though you really don't want to.

Brewer's the alright chick you kind of like but ultimately know it won't work out. So you go with the better chick (Matthews) but some dude (Portland) pulls up in shinier ride than you and steals her away. So you're left trying to get back with the old chick even though you really don't want to.

Brewer is the Jazz's **** buddy.

hrm, lol, i think thism ight create some sort of "glut" at the swingman position in addition to the two swingmen utah already drafted this year!! little bit circular if you ask me... kind of odd

Horrible! Don't sign Brewer. If you can't shoot the mid range than you should not be playing. I don't care if he is the best man to man defender in the league. He hurts our offense badly.

I would rather have.......
Keith Bogans
Ime Udoka
Matt Barnes
Jarvis Hayes
Damien Wilkins
Joey Graham
Stephen Graham
........Than have Brewer. None of these guys are big threats from the 3 but they at least can shoot and there defender will guard them. Brewer hurt us so bad against the elite teams. The Elite teams knew they didn't have to guard him.

brewer's the alright chick you kind of like but ultimately know it won't work out. So you go with the better chick (matthews) but some dude (portland) pulls up in shinier ride than you and steals her away. So you're left trying to get back with the old chick even though you really don't want to.

qfmft.

He's like the girl that you broke up with but you still catch yourself wanting to talk to her when you're drunk. Or am I the only one that does that?

You're the onliest one, I spect, eh, kwb. It aint never "talkin" that I wanna do with them Babes.

Why so much negative passion about possibly resigning Brewer? It certainly seems like it would be a very small contract and I think that CJ and AK are locks to start at the wings so it's not as if he'd get a whiff of the starting line-up. In fact, I think the Jazz would sign Brewer to a cheap deal in hopes that Hayward plays well enough to keep Brewer as the 3rd option off the bench. I think the FO see's Brewer as a nice insurance policy who knows the system and can step in for small minutes each game.

Resign Matthews. Guys who hustle and good defenders and can hit the 3 are hard to come by. His shot will only improve. Even if he doesn't improve and he stays the same he is worth it.

He will average 13 points a game and shoot close to 40 from the 3. And be our go to perimeter defender. He is worth it. None of the free agents available are close to being as efficient. And we are better off without brewer.