What's new

Start Mitchell at the Point.

I'd be very surprised if the Jazz reup Rubio.
It depends on what happens at the trade deadline.

If they make a move to bring in a player, like an Otto Porter, then I would be pretty shocked if they don't re-sign Rubio.

If they play free agency, I'd be pretty shocked if they re-sign Rubio.

Guys, watching Donovan dismantling teams without having to hand the ball to Rubio these past few games have been some of the funnest Jazz basketball I've ever witness.

I dunno what Quin/Lindsey are gonna do next year, but these games have been GOLD.

I think I can die a happy man now.
You're entitled to enjoy whatever you want more, but 2nd half last season we looked much better. You know, when we finished 26-9 with "Donovan handing the ball to Rubio". By the way, we beat the Pistons by 31. Donovan didn't have to perform any miracles because the game was over at halftime.

Orlando? Dallas? Miami? Memphis? Minnesota?
I guess he meant Orlando.
Dallas started strong and they are 16-5 at home (although the way we lost was beyond sickening)
Miami is over .500
Memphis started strong but for some reason now they are terrible.
Minnesota is tough. They are also kind of Jekyl and Hyde like we were.

Guys, watching Donovan dismantling teams without having to hand the ball to Rubio these past few games have been some of the funnest Jazz basketball I've ever witness.

I dunno what Quin/Lindsey are gonna do next year, but these games have been GOLD.

Really? Tonight was frustrating as hell to watch the team offensively I thought, PG Mitchell at times was completely unable to get anything going for his team and he couldn't get into the paint to create for others, particularly in the 2nd quarter. Had only 2 assists to 4 TOs.

SG Mitchell carried the team for stretches offensively tonight but you can't tell me that having someone like Exum who could have gotten to the rim whenever he wanted to make plays for the team in that 2nd quarter would not have been better than everyone launching threes because no one could get the ball inside. I think Rubio would've also made an effort to get some penetration going to the rim after his usual slow start.

It's time to move on from this thread. When your star center tells u to pass the damn ball. Donovan is no pg

Really? Tonight was frustrating as hell to watch the team offensively I thought, PG Mitchell at times was completely unable to get anything going for his team and he couldn't get into the paint to create for others, particularly in the 2nd quarter. Had only 2 assists to 4 TOs.

SG Mitchell carried the team for stretches offensively tonight but you can't tell me that having someone like Exum who could have gotten to the rim whenever he wanted to make plays for the team in that 2nd quarter would not have been better than everyone launching threes because no one could get the ball inside. I think Rubio would've also made an effort to get some penetration going to the rim after his usual slow start.
Yep. I think Mitchell needs this PG role at least half the time but not all the time.

We definitely need Rubio or Exum back but we don't need Rubio AND Exum back.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

There was a play in last night's game where we got a defensive rebound, and Mitchell simply dribbled all the way up the court, attacked the rim and score or got fouled attacking the rim.

With Rubio on the court, DM would have had to give the ball to Rubio, then run to the 3pt line and wait for the ball to come back to him, often times it never does and either Rubio misses the shot or turned it over.

Our best player is EASILY Donovan and I just want the ball in his hand most of the time if possible.

There was a play in last night's game where we got a defensive rebound, and Mitchell simply dribbled all the way up the court, attacked the rim and score or got fouled attacking the rim.

With Rubio on the court, DM would have had to give the ball to Rubio, then run to the 3pt line and wait for the ball to come back to him, often times it never does and either Rubio misses the shot or turned it over.

Our best player is EASILY Donovan and I just want the ball in his hand most of the time if possible.
Conclusions based on random plays tend to be incorrect: many, many times (with Rubio) we grab a rebound, Donovan or Joe is the first to get the ball and attacks the rim at will if the defense is not set. Heck, even Crowder does it at times.
Passing it to Rubio first is not a requirement at all. In fact, many other times even when the defense is set and we have to run a half-court play Don or Joe runs the play and Rubio doesn't even touch the ball. That's Quin's system. Multiple ball handlers, multiple guys running plays at different times.

I'll tell you with a Spanish saying that you do not understand but I do not give a damn;
"Ay Manolete Manolete, si no sabes torear pa' que te metes".

Conclusions based on random plays tend to be incorrect: many, many times (with Rubio) we grab a rebound, Donovan or Joe is the first to get the ball and attacks the rim at will if the defense is not set. Heck, even Crowder does it at times.
Passing it to Rubio first is not a requirement at all. In fact, many other times even when the defense is set and we have to run a half-court play Don or Joe runs the play and Rubio doesn't even touch the ball. That's Quin's system. Multiple ball handlers, multiple guys running plays at different times.
And no one guarding Rubio off the ball.

Seeing as he’s in his second year and only started at pg (not his normal position) a handful of times, there will be not so great stretches for sure, but there was a lot of good.

A few things we know about Mitchell. He needs the ball to get in rhythm and offensive flow. As a sg he has a reputation for starting slow and forcing the issue too much, but finishing strong in the second half and hitting more shots more consistently.

As a starting pg, and only needing to share the ball with Ingles, in all of the games he’s started at pg this year, he’s started fast and finished fast, and shot the ball pretty well with more consistency. In every game but last night he’s had good to very good assist numbers, last night is to be expected considering he’s a second year developing player with very little experience playing pg he’s doing amazing, better then my most wild dreams.

Going forward I’d like to see him safe pg duties with Rubio much in the way Favors does with Gobert, to get him prepared to have full time duties if Quin so chooses to move him to pg next year as the starter.

We need our point guards back. Im getting sick of all this winning. And DM winning the conference player of the week? Can't have things like that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Troll