What's new

Start Mitchell at the Point.

We need our point guards back. Im getting sick of all this winning. And DM winning the conference player of the week? Can't have things like that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

We do need at least one back. They picking up DM full court to tire him out and Jae brought the ball up a few times. Grayson doesn't seem quite ready for that responsibility.

We do need at least one back. They picking up DM full court to tire him out and Jae brought the ball up a few times. Grayson doesn't seem quite ready for that responsibility.

Well actually maybe Allen needs this. He looked shell shocked first half... Ish tore him up and he wouldn't just shoot the open three. Second half he looked more comfortable. He's actually made some good defensive plays... I was a little comforted by his performance last night. Ish is fast AF so not the guy you want Grayson to track... I think Luke Kennard gave him a bucket too.

We need our point guards back. Im getting sick of all this winning. And DM winning the conference player of the week? Can't have things like that.

I'd like Dante back. He was really playing well and contributing. That second unit was starting to really be a dominant force with Dante/Joe/Kyle/Thabo-Jae/and Favs. The reserves have really struggled and looked incoherent at times without a PG to run the show. I do worry about the Ricky/Donovan chemistry in the starting lineup. I just don't see Ricky as a long-term piece. DL has to see that the fit isn't great.

As a point guard you need to keep your teammates engaged or frustration will creep from other players. Look Donovan has been great shooting the ball these last games. But u have get the big guys the ball. Look the jazz arent going to beat good teams playing one out.

There was a play in last night's game where we got a defensive rebound, and Mitchell simply dribbled all the way up the court, attacked the rim and score or got fouled attacking the rim.

With Rubio on the court, DM would have had to give the ball to Rubio, then run to the 3pt line and wait for the ball to come back to him, often times it never does and either Rubio misses the shot or turned it over.

Our best player is EASILY Donovan and I just want the ball in his hand most of the time if possible.
U don't want his teammates to touch the ball. Like I said he's shooting great atm. But his teammates won't like it and the jazz won't win playing like this against good teams. He had 2 assists 4 turnovers.

U don't want his teammates to touch the ball. Like I said he's shooting great atm. But his teammates won't like it and the jazz won't win playing like this against good teams. He had 2 assists 4 turnovers.
Rudy, for a guy that needs to be set up had 18 points. Ingles has the ball plenty

Well actually maybe Allen needs this. He looked shell shocked first half... Ish tore him up and he wouldn't just shoot the open three. Second half he looked more comfortable. He's actually made some good defensive plays... I was a little comforted by his performance last night. Ish is fast AF so not the guy you want Grayson to track... I think Luke Kennard gave him a bucket too.
I was legit pissed that Q left Grayson on Ish for so long in the first half. And how long he stuck with Jae. I dunno, last night wasn’t fun for me.

I was legit pissed that Q left Grayson on Ish for so long in the first half. And how long he stuck with Jae. I dunno, last night wasn’t fun for me.

It was ugly AF. Ish gave him 7 quick points... Royce also spotted Bullock 9 quick ones to open the game.

Winning Ugly should have been our theme though... this is what we do.

Rudy, for a guy that needs to be set up had 18 points. Ingles has the ball plenty

Dm is good at kicking the ball out to shooters he does need to improve his interior passing/lobs to the bigs.

Not sure he got an assist on it but I’m fairly convinced his fast break layup attempt off the glass was a pass to Favs...

Rudy is a beast. He’s finishing well... eurostep last night and the catch gather dunk on Andre was wonderful. Having a super duper efficient 15-16 points a night is such a huge offensive boon and he doesn’t need the ball to do it.

Also, since neto, X, and Rubio have been out Donovan is averaging 6 assists per game.
Rubio is averaging 6.2 assists per game this year (5.3 last year)

Donovan gets those assists with more minutes though to be fair.

Joe Ingles is averaging 5.7 assists since we have been without a point guard. (Averaging 4.8 assists on the season)

Also, since neto, X, and Rubio have been out Donovan is averaging 6 assists per game.
Rubio is averaging 6.2 assists per game this year (5.3 last year)

Donovan gets those assists with more minutes though to be fair.

Joe Ingles is averaging 5.7 assists since we have been without a point guard. (Averaging 4.8 assists on the season)

We honestly just need two Joe Ingles's. We need one to play alongside DM and then one to take over creation duties with the bench unit. Joe is kinda the perfect backcourt mate for DM... we need some depth or a 3 with more creation. Royce is okay. Maybe a 3 with a quicker release or a shooting 4...
IDK just give us one more Joe and I'll figure the rest out okay.

According to Locke on the radio the jazz offense is worse with Donovan at pg. I didn’t catch how he came to that conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

My questions would be:

- how much worse?
- how much worse than Rubio?
- how much worse than Exum?
- how was the defense affected?
- did any lineups play better with Donovan than with Exum or Rubio?

My questions would be:

- how much worse?
- how much worse than Rubio?
- how much worse than Exum?
- how was the defense affected?
- did any lineups play better with Donovan than with Exum or Rubio?
Also. . . is it worse with Donovan Mitchell at PG or is it worse because O’Neale has been bumped up into the starting lineup? Would it still have those statistical issues if the Jazz replaced Royce in the lineup with a better offensive SG/SF to team up with Mitchell and Jingles?