What's new

Start Mitchell at the Point.

There are other reasons for the slight dip in offensive production, and it’s not DM’s fault IMO.
Most of it was his fault. His catch and shoot on open and wide open attempts was garbage in 2018 of this season. I mean, that was true of most of the team, so he's not in that boat alone.

He is really bad and cost them a lot.

Like last year in the playoffs where he let Rubio destroy him and then tried to go at Rubio hard despite that being an awful gameplan.

Or when he built the Golden State dynasty by blowing a 3-1 lead to the Warriors and pissing off KD enough to join them.

Or the handful of games he has cost them this year by chucking terrible shots, missing a ton of FT's, and just being awful.

If they traded him during the KD era, they'd probably have at least one ring and still have KD.
Backed.

I still can’t believe how badly the ownership has ruined that team (and they’re STILL this good).

Also, the offense isn’t as efficient because Mitchell is no longer playing with the second team. We have been going through offensive droughts when the second team comes in, and Exum being out as well screws with that, and Crowder decided to go on a bad shooting drought as well. I wouldn’t put this on Mitchell at all. Mitchell has actually been getting us off to a fast start in games, he comes out and the jazz have been slumping with Mitchell on the bench.

This is why I hate stats and how you need to see with your damn eyes.
The stats will back you up on the slow starts though, both versions of the current lineup are miles better than our usual starting lineup offensively. Rubio/Favors/Gobert just isn't a trio that works together, and with Mitchell/Royce/Ingles instead of Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles it allows just enough spacing for everyone to be more effective offensively than usual.

I think people here are too quick to put all the blame on Rubio which is why I brought up our most played lineup and how it's been better than the other lineups offensively. The problem is the Rubio/Favors/Gobert trio not necessarily just Rubio.

Most of it was his fault. His catch and shoot on open and wide open attempts was garbage in 2018 of this season. I mean, that was true of most of the team, so he's not in that boat alone.

I was referring to the time that DM has been starting at pg. during this time he’s been hitting the outside shot and taking less bad shots. He said it himself. He’s become much more comfortable in the offense being able to have the ball more

I think people here are too quick to put all the blame on Rubio which is why I brought up our most played lineup and how it's been better than the other lineups offensively. The problem is the Rubio/Favors/Gobert trio not necessarily just Rubio.

The lineup stats back this up for the most part... there is a critical lack of shooting the normal starting lineup seems to have... when the components are moved around it almost always improves.

Ricky back tonight... if he is not Rick Curry watch the irrational hate come out.

Ricky back tonight... if he is not Rick Curry watch the irrational hate come out.
Rubio has been pretty key in both Portland victories this year. I expect him to be rough, but he should be pretty key. The 2nd unit PG matchup against the Blazers has been a huge advantage for Utah over Portland, and that wouldn't really exist for Utah without Rubio back.

Paul Pierce, aka The Truth on ESPN right now pre-game Jazz vs Denver:

"Donovan Mitchell has now moved to the point guard position since Ricky Rubio has been hurt. He's been great and I think he plays his best at the point guard position"

He also said:

"Ingles shoots the ball OFF THE CHARTS"

Tayshaun Prince on the ESPN broadcast against DEN tonight:

"Donovan Mitchell with the one handed on point pass (to O'Neal in the corner who sinks the open 3) is very hard to do. All you young point guards out there look at how he did it."

Tayshaun Prince on the ESPN broadcast against DEN tonight:

"Donovan Mitchell with the one handed on point pass (to O'Neal in the corner who sinks the open 3) is very hard to do. All you young point guards out there look at how he did it."
Apologies this was Chauncey Billups not Tayshaun.

These “experts” watch like 5 minutes of Jazz basketball so I’m not gonna put a lot of stock in what they say.

That said... he’s the primary creator... he needs help but that help could come in the form of a pg or wing and we’d be fine.

Where we play Mitchell may ultimately depend on what other talent is on the roster.
This. 100% this.

I would prefer to have a 6 foot 6ish 3 and D shooting guard who can create a little bit but doesn't need the ball alongside Mitchell at the point guard. That would be ideal imo.

But a good passing, good shooting, bigger point guard next to Mitchell at the 2 would work great too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app