What's new

Steph Curry is the best shooter ever

Like people are arguing for no reason. ZERO evidence that it is harder to get off a shot in the 90's. Curry would have been such a new type of player in the 90's that he'd be even better. People didn't respect the three pointer back then like they do now.

The further you go back in time the more dominant Curry would be. If people want to keep arguing they should really bring some evidence to the table.

Dropped 46 tonight.

8 Threes
60% FG
8/8 from the line.

It defies logic what he's doing. It's not like Jordan where he was picking up a lot of points near the rim where it's high percentage shot. It from a lot further distances than Jordan

Forget best shooter of all time. I don't see how anyone could say he isn't. He is. The question could become is he in the discussion for top 5 player ever.

He's doing so more with so much less than what other players had. Like all the bigs blessed with size, and athletic big wings like Jordan, Lebron and Kobe. His challenge is greater than what those guys had.

Like people are arguing for no reason. ZERO evidence that it is harder to get off a shot in the 90's. Curry would have been such a new type of player in the 90's that he'd be even better. People didn't respect the three pointer back then like they do now.

The further you go back in time the more dominant Curry would be. If people want to keep arguing they should really bring some evidence to the table.

hand-checking rules, son

hand-checking rules, son

If the hand check was such dominant defensive move, why were players able score more with it?

See, this is a question that keeps being avoided. It's because it's dumb for anyone to suggest it made any difference.

I would love it if you or anyone could answer that question.

If the hand check was such dominant defensive move, why were players able score more with it?

See, this is a question that keeps being avoided. It's because it's dumb for anyone to suggest it made any difference.

I would love it if you or anyone could answer that question.
This

Steph Curry has moved up 15 spots in career three pointers already this year. The player he most recently passed: LeBron James!

Steph Curry has moved up 15 spots in career three pointers already this year. The player he most recently passed: LeBron James!

And he is often not even playing in the 4th quarter.

The only thing that is stopping the discussion from being, is he the best player ever, is the lack of rings. But when you watch what he's doing, it's hard not to think he could be the best player ever.

It's almost like he isn't even human or he's like Neo in the matrix. It's not like he's just dominating because of athleticism or size either. That's what makes it even more impressive. He's simply just more talented that anyone else.

Pound for pound, he's the best player I've ever seen. Hes just ridiculous. A real life magician with a basketball.

And he is often not even playing in the 4th quarter.

The only thing that is stopping the discussion from being, is he the best player ever, is the lack of rings. But when you watch what he's doing, it's hard not to think he could be the best player ever.

It's almost like he isn't even human or he's like Neo in the matrix. It's not like he's just dominating because of athleticism or size either. That's what makes it even more impressive. He's simply just more talented that anyone else.

Pound for pound, he's the best player I've ever seen. Hes just ridiculous. A real life magician with a basketball.
Yeah. You look at LeBron or Durrant or Jordan or Jabar (and many more, including a lot who never reached their apparent potential) and you think, of course that guy's good. You look at Curry and there just isn't anything physically special about him... and then he performs at a magical level. How can you not cheer for a guy like that?

It's like when Gretzky came along. I was a fan of the Calgary Flames. This guy joins their rival and immediately wins everyone over because what he did was impossible, even though physically he looked ordinary. Despite his incredible skill level he was not arrogant at all. Curry seems the same.

Curry is leading the league in scoring and yet only 23rd in minutes played (Harden is #1 @ 39 mpg avg 28.7 ppg) while Stephs avg 32.1 ppg @ 34.8 mpg....Golden State is dominating, if we can't end their streak I wouldn't mind seeing it go into next year.

Curry is leading the league in scoring and yet only 23rd in minutes played (Harden is #1 @ 39 mpg avg 28.7 ppg) while Stephs avg 32.1 ppg @ 34.8 mpg....Golden State is dominating, if we can't end their streak I wouldn't mind seeing it go into next year.

That stat says it all.

Imagine if he was a ball hog and a high volume shooter. I think he could average 40+ with the same type of minutes and shots as Harden or Westbrook.

I honestly think Curry could hit the hundred mark if the conditions were right. If Kobe can get 81, Curry can get 100.

I honestly think Curry could hit the hundred mark if the conditions were right. If Kobe can get 81, Curry can get 100.
Although I believe he might be capable of this, I can't conceive of the circumstances where it would actually happen.

Although I believe he might be capable of this, I can't conceive of the circumstances where it would actually happen.
Especially for a team that shares the ball as much as the Warriors does.. it would be uncharacteristic for them to just let Curry shoot all the time...

Especially for a team that shares the ball as much as the Warriors does.. it would be uncharacteristic for them to just let Curry shoot all the time...
Yeah. If he got ultra hot (as if he hasn't already done that a thousand times) the defense would start doubling and tripling (as if that hasn't already happened a thousand times) and then he would dissect them with his passing (as if that hasn't already happened a thousand times) and pretty soon he'd be sitting on the bench watching another blowout. In other words, the fact that Curry is capable of scoring 100 points plus his sick all around skills and his non-gigantic-sized ego are the reasons that he'll never score 100 points.

[video]https://streamable.com/4k4p

The Phoenix crowd was cheering him on. Ohhs and ahhs as he put on a show for them. Seriously, it's not like watching sports, it's like watching cirque du soleil or something. Guy just tosses it up and it goes in. Looks completely effortless and at the same time impossible.