What's new

Steph Curry is the best shooter ever

You are keening too much on numbers. I am talking from what I see when I watch games. How can you watch and say this? Have you ever seen Jordan rules in action? It is right there archived on youtube.

my favorite line-up: rudy-favors-gordon-alec-trey
No. Actually the numbers say exactly what was happening. We are talking about the ability to score. It's a fact that players were able to score more points in the 90's. That's directly related to how good the defense is. You can't just say that you saw something different. It's just not true. How do you explain more points being scored in the 90's if the defenses were so much tougher.

I've watched the 90's too, and I don't see what you see. Give me something better than me supposed to take your word for it.

You are keening too much on numbers. I am talking from what I see when I watch games. How can you watch and say this? Have you ever seen Jordan rules in action? It is right there archived on youtube.

Then how do you explain the numbers? This is like the idea that old people have of younger people getting ruder with each generation. I literally read an Ancient Greek philosopher bitching about it. Reinterpretation of past subjective experience is just not all that reliable.

It is not solely a good old days thing. You just gotta give a thing its credit. That era was the best to me when I was watching it too. Not only when it became past. I was not going "Jordan is no Magic" or anything. Now people in Europe watch NBA and get bored of the slacky vibe of the games many times except when it gets real.

And yet, they're perfectly happy watching a sport where every time you blow on someone they dive 20 feet forward and pretend to be dying for the next few minutes. :)

No. Actually the numbers say exactly what was happening. We are talking about the ability to score. It's a fact that players were able to score more points in the 90's. That's directly related to how good the defense is. You can't just say that you seen something different. It's just not true. How do you explain more points being scored in the 90's if the defenses were so much tougher.

I've watched the 90's too, and I don't see what you see. Give me something better than me supposed to take your word for it.
I'm not a statistician to prove with numbers. But it is not the same man. Curry is an insane nailer and still you see defenses fail to realize the importance to double him. He misses and his defender goes for rebound. Offensive rebound follows assist to Curry to correct his miss. This is no hell in no way similar to anything they have run on Jordan in general.

It is not solely a good old days thing. You just gotta give a thing its credit. That era was the best to me when I was watching it too. Not only when it became past. I was not going "Jordan is no Magic" or anything. Now people in Europe watch NBA and get bored of the slacky vibe of the games many times except when it gets real.

You are giving nothing to back up your claims. It's just your opinion.

And yes, it's just a good old days thing.

Same thing will happen after Curry retires. The legend of Curry will be 10x what is now.

And yet, they're perfectly happy watching a sport where every time you blow on someone they dive 20 feet forward and pretend to be dying for the next few minutes. :)
Haha. Yeah but not every football player is a flopper. It is a really leg breaking sport you know.

Haha. Yeah but not every football player is a flopper. It is a really leg breaking sport you know.

I was kidding. I actually love soccer.

Hack may or may not be right, but nobody has presented a compelling counter argument. I am going to side with Hack until someone proposes a better explanation of the numbers.

You are giving nothing to back up your claims. It's just your opinion.

And yes, it's just a good old days thing.

Same thing will happen after Curry retires. The legend of Curry will be 10x what is now.
I hope so. You know, I do not intend to sound like dissing Curry. I am crazy about him. He is insane. Every day I open twitter to see his unreal vine videos. I would love to watch him in Jordan's time and I think he would be really good but his offensive efficiency would drop down with a hand on his body when he rises to make his 3.

I was kidding. I actually love soccer.

Hack may or may not be right, but nobody has presented a compelling counter argument. I am going to side with Hack until someone proposes a better explanation of the numbers.
I respect that but sorry that I am not the one to do the numbers thing.I just don't care enough to run through them to prove anything when eye sees things as what they are. Numbers are a way of pushing the real game aside in my opinion.

I hope so. You know, I do not intend to sound like dissing Curry. I am crazy about him. He is insane. Every day I open twitter to see his unreal vine videos. I would love to watch him in Jordan's time and I think he would be really good but his offensive efficieny would drop down with a hand on his body when he rises to make his 3.

Bruh,

How do you explain that players from the 90's were able to score more points than now if the hand check rule was really that hard to score against?

How?

How do you explain that?

Harder to score before the hand check rule is myth. A big fat lie.

Bruh,

How do you explain that players from the 90's were able to score more points than now if the hand check rule was really that hard to score against?

How?

How do you explain that?

Harder to score before the hand check rule is myth. A big fat lie.
Do I have to care about the average difference? Can't I just watch both and see and say the obvious?

Do I have to care about the average difference? Can't I just watch both and see and say the obvious?

You can live in whatever imaginary land you want to live in. But you can't argue that it was harder to score in the 90's.You have nothing to back up that claim. So it's just a thing in your mind alone. People misremeber and misinterprete things they see all the time.

So your position if impossible to prove wrong. Why bother debate at all in that case?

You can live in whatever imaginary land you want to live in. But you can't argue that it was harder to score in the 90's.You have nothing to back up that claim. So it's just a thing in your mind alone. People misremeber and misinterprete things they see all the time.
Just a thing in my mind? I don't think so. I know you guys love the numbers game. But basketball is more than that.

Just a thing in my mind? I don't think so. I know you guys love the numbers game. But basketball is more than that.

No. I'm usually against advanced statistics, and don't think that stats tell the whole story. But this is pretty simple argument that is easily settled with a stat that doesn't lie. We are talking about the ability to score, which is directly tied to how many points are scored.

I'm amazed at how many people have a hard time appreciating this era of basketball. There are some mighty fine players right now that transcend to any era.

Curry would struggle in the 90's? Give me a break. Are you guys watching this stuff. The guy is a magician with the basketball. It's unreal what he is doing. Appreciate it. It won't be here forever. He's one of a kind.

Nope. Curry wouldn't have big troubles.

Newsflash - Humans werent superior beings in the 90's to humans now. If it were so hard to score back then, why were there just as many scorers as now, and just as many points being scored?

Why is this so difficult for people to grasp?

The only difference is that the 3 is used a lot more these days. Can you imagine Curry going up against defenses that didn't respect the 3, like Sloan's teams. Curry would torch them for more points than even now.

I'd bet my mother ****ing life that Curry's handles, smarts, and shooting touch would translate to any era. The further you go back, the more deadly he becomes. Curry only needs an inch. Hilarious that any would think he would struggle in the 90's

Give. Me. A. Break.

Curry is the best shooter ever, and building a case for one if the best players ever. He's the best player in the league, last year, and this year. Probably gonna go down as a top 15 player ever, maybe higher.
I agree with all of this. In fact, my memory tells me that scoring was higher back then. Higher scoring team wise and individual wise. (Seemed like someone always averaged 30+ per game.... Now that rarely happens anymore)

How in the hell do you figure that? Its just not true. In the 90's the league point per game average was higher than it is now. How do you explain that if the defense was so much more intense?

Example.

League average pints per game

90 - 107
91 - 106
92 - 105
93 - 105

2012 - 98
2013 - 101
2014 - 100
2015 - 101

It's a complete myth than the defenses were tougher back then. It's an urban legend. You've been duped. You aren't thinking for yourself.
Ah, just saw this post after my previous one

I'm amazed at how many people have a hard time appreciating this era of basketball. There are some mighty fine players right now that transcend to any era.

Curry would struggle in the 90's? Give me a break. Are you guys watching this stuff. The guy is a magician with the basketball. It's unreal what he is doing. Appreciate it. It won't be here forever. He's one of a kind.
I said it. He would be very good. But it is not the same shooting without leap or fade away and still hit clean threes compared to clean looks he has now. Also, Spurs and Warriors apply really good ball movement for spacing so they would be really good as a team in any era. But they still have not experienced tougher D that some experienced before. Basketball is a game of streak and balance. I would love to see him keep his clean shooting when he was getting bruised all around the court. This is not inability to appreciate today's game. I still give the greats their credit. Unbelievable talents. But they don't experience 90's toughness.