What's new

Steve King Goes to bat for Rape and Incest

How has this guy not been kicked out of the Republican party yet, or at least voted out of office?

Really weird thing to say.

But that’s not him “going to bat” for that. If anything it's just him admitting how horribly present and frequent it’s been in humanity. Those are two very different things.

Is there more context that you know of?

But that’s not him “going to bat” for that. If anything it's just him admitting how horribly present and frequent it’s been in humanity. Those are two very different things.

Well he said it as a defense against abortions in cases of rape or incest, so yeah, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one. Saying we wouldn't be here if not for rape or incest is at least making an excuse for it, and also pretty obviously untrue.

Last edited:

Always assume the dumbest/most racist context for our boy Steve.

My question exactly. What was the context of this statement? I cannot imagine that he was championing rape and incest. Absolutely disgusting if he was but I have to believe this is cherry picking of a longer point within a discussion and not a backing of that type of behavior.

LOL

“Thrill, remind me again why you suggest voting against the GOP at all levels. I mean, aren’t both parties the Same anyways? Didn’t joe Biden say something stupid last week? Wasn't his gaffe just as bad as King’s Disgusting worldview? Both parties are the same, right?”

My question exactly. What was the context of this statement? I cannot imagine that he was championing rape and incest. Absolutely disgusting if he was but I have to believe this is cherry picking of a longer point within a discussion and not a backing of that type of behavior.

It’s Steve King.

Besides, it’s not like this type of thinking is an isolated event. Republicans have taken a (losing) anti-choice argument and are now stretching it as far as they can. Why? Because the root of the problem isn’t being pro life. It’s about controlling women, misogyny, and being anti-democrat.

“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to shut that thing down.”

On 19 August 2012, U.S. Representative Todd Akin of Missouri, a Republican who was challenging incumbent Democrat Claire McCaskill

“Rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.”

On 20 January 2012, Rick Santorum, a former U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania who was then campaigning for the Republican presidential nomination, appeared on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight

“Even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

On 23 October 2012, Richard Mourdock, the Republican candidate for one of Indiana’s U.S. Senate seats,

“In the emergency room they have what’s called rape kits, where a woman can get cleaned out.”

On 23 June 2013, Jodie Laubenberg, a Republican member of the Texas House

“If a woman has (the right to an abortion), why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t (in most cases) result in anyone’s death.”

In February 2014, the Maine Democratic Party called for the resignation of Lawrence Lockman,

And how about some local flavor:

"If an individual has sex with their wife while she is unconscious ... a prosecutor could then charge that spouse with rape, theoretically," said Rep. Brian Greene, R-Pleasant Grove."That makes sense in a first date scenario, but to me, not where people have a history of years of sexual activity."

But both parties are the same, Amiright?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/personal-foul/

https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=2136918&itype=CMSID

Last edited:
It’s Steve King.

Besides, it’s not like this type of thinking is an isolated event. Republicans have taken a (losing) anti-choice argument and are now stretching it as far as they can. Why? Because the root of the problem isn’t being pro life. It’s about controlling women, misogyny, and being anti-democrat.

And how about some local flavor:

But both parties are the same, Amiright?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/personal-foul/

https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=2136918&itype=CMSID

You know you suck *** when even ****** members of your own party, like Liz Cheney, are calling you out. Wow!

But I’m sure the good real Americans from his district will continue to vote him in. Because of economic anxiety. Not because they’re racist, misogynistic, or otherwise deplorable. Right?

Just awful.

But both political parties are the same, right? There are members on this board who think Shapiro is “thought provoking.” Smh

Republicans wonder why their tent is shrinking? They wonder why the crazies control their party? Who can belong to that party other than deplorables?

But it’s not like they’ve suddenly become this way. These are long held beliefs. They’re just saying the quiet parts out loud now. You remember the anti-Obama/birther conspiracies, right? Was that rooted in legit concern over his birth certificate? The tea party, did they really care about deficits? Why have they suddenly gone so quiet?

When Biden, warren, or Harris wins in 2020, just watch, suddenly the gop will care about deficits again.

I'd like to think we have a chance to vote him out next time around :(

In a historic blue wave year he won by 3 percentage pts. He’s been in office since 2002 and has won re-election by 20-30 percentage pts typically.

Think the demographics of his district will have changed much in 2020 from 2018? Think today’s comments are worse than the **** he’s been saying for nearly 20 years? Maybe we should just admit that his primarily rural district is full of pieces of ****?

Their “economic anxiety” is on full display!

In a historic blue wave year he won by 3 percentage pts. He’s been in office since 2002 and has won re-election by 20-30 percentage pts typically.

Think the demographics of his district will have changed much in 2020 from 2018? Think today’s comments are worse than the **** he’s been saying for nearly 20 years? Maybe we should just admit that his primarily rural district is full of pieces of ****?

Their “economic anxiety” is on full display!

Oh I know all this, it's my district, lol.

I would say he has either been saying dumber stuff publicly recently or at the very least it's getting more press, so maybe there's some hope.

I wouldn't say it's likely he gets beat, but a man can dream can't he?