What's new

Strength of Schedule

But have they been particularly advantageous for the Jazz, and is there data to support this? Cuz the Jazz have had their +\- superstar out for a minute now, and it’s not as though teams are only missing players against the Jazz but are at full-strength against other teams.
Yep. Conley misses games and the jazz just win. Donovan misses games and the jazz just win.
Other teams players miss games and they lose.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hydra Don't Care! Hydra Don't Give A ****!

A few weeks ago Jazz schedule was in the easiest quartile. Recent games have tipped them to the hardest quartile.

Honestly, the differences between easiest and hardest after 25ish games are not that big.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
Jazz are never going to have the "most difficulty" because the Jazz don't have to play the Jazz. Conversely, crappy teams will have an inflated "difficulty" because they don't play themselves.

That being said, if the Jazz can continue powering through February and can remain relatively healthy, they should cruise to a number 1 seed. It has been a really long time since the Jazz have had home court in the playoffs and it makes a difference, especially for us. I just hope we aren't in the bubble this year.

Yep. Conley misses games and the jazz just win. Donovan misses games and the jazz just win.

Yes. I mean, even for our luck (and I`d say we`ve been some luck in terms of not being as plagued by injuries as a lot of teams, that we played or not), every team normally simply let something slip then and there, even against bad teams, or depleted ones.

In 21 games the Jazz let slip a "throw 6'4" Royce O'Neale to bother Jokic back to the basket game" strategy and nothing else, and that among some injuries, roads, b2b, hard stretches of schedule, etc...

My new definition for a contender is that they don't have "moral victories" just real victories.
If you are whining that your team lost because they didn't have "x", or are happy to have "just kept it close", you are not a contender.

Would you say the games from here on out are all must win games?
If you want it to be a surprise you can wait to reveal your answers game by game in the game threads on order to prevent a jinx.

Fish I only see the game in front of me. There is only one game... and we must win it.

But have they been particularly advantageous for the Jazz, and is there data to support this? Cuz the Jazz have had their +\- superstar out for a minute now, and it’s not as though teams are only missing players against the Jazz but are at full-strength against other teams.

Good point, My comment was based on opponent strength, not ours. Philly, LA Clippers, Atlanta were all without All Stars. Not sure how this lines up with other top teams.

538 has us finishing with the best record in the NBA by 7 games. Pretty wild where we sit right now.

538 has us finishing with the best record in the NBA by 7 games. Pretty wild where we sit right now.
It also has us tied with LAC for best odds at the title, and gives us a 1% higher chance than LAC to make the finals.