What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Micromanaging bosses. I know more about my job than you do, and likely could do your job better than you so please, sit down and stfu.
in my experience, a boss turns to micro-managing when they feel insecure in their ability to do their own job. It is easier to take over a smaller job where they do not have direct accountability than to face the actual job and accountability they do have. a micromanager is in a job too big for them so they take over a lower level job where they feel more comfortable.

in my experience, a boss turns to micro-managing when they feel insecure in their ability to do their own job. It is easier to take over a smaller job where they do not have direct accountability than to face the actual job and accountability they do have. a micromanager is in a job too big for them so they take over a lower level job where they feel more comfortable.

Not always. Sometimes they just know the people under them aren’t capable. But that situation is less common.

Not always. Sometimes they just know the people under them aren’t capable. But that situation is less common.
In that case, depending on how they handle the situation, that is just management and coaching. If you have people in a role that are not capable then your role as a manager is to make sure the tasks get resolved, and to coach and teach that person to help them become capable. This is not "micro-managing" as I view it, this is just managing. Micro-managing usually happens when a manager steps in when the employee assigned to the task is fully capable and just not being given the chance to do the job. If the manager steps in due to other legitimate issues (employee not capable, emergency situations, etc.) then that is just management and it has to happen from time to time.

When I start the finish (installing the plugs, switches, lights, etc) of a job and the homeowner says she didn’t want the switches there and acts like it’s my fault.
Look bitch, if you didn’t want the switches there, why did you tell me to put them there? Or why not ask me to move them during the week+ I was there running the wires?
We literally walked through it together at the start. You were there EVERY DAMN DAY during the wiring. Now it’s too damn late.

When you're taking a shower in a tub/shower (rather than a stand-alone stall shower) and no matter how much you let the tub water warm up, as soon as you trip the diverter for the shower, the first water that comes out of the shower is always COLD!

When you're taking a shower in a tub/shower (rather than a stand-alone stall shower) and no matter how much you let the tub water warm up, as soon as you trip the diverter for the shower, the first water that comes out of the shower is always COLD!
Why not warm it up through the shower head?

I do this standing outside the shower for this reason.

I do this standing outside the shower for this reason.

there are some configurations where that is just too awkward, difficult to reach unless you're practically standing under the showerhead, or if you're able to reach in, the water gets everywhere. Sometimes it's just easier to endure the momentary shock of cold water, but it's still annoying!

there are some configurations where that is just too awkward, difficult to reach unless you're practically standing under the showerhead, or if you're able to reach in, the water gets everywhere. Sometimes it's just easier to endure the momentary shock of cold water, but it's still annoying!
Then you should buy a new house, or have a total remodel. It is worth it for that reason alone!

One of my showers has a water powered led in its shower head. It's blue when the water is cold, green when it's a good temp, red when it's hot, and flashes red if it's scalding hot.

They are pretty cheap on Amazon.

One of my showers has a water powered led in its shower head. It's blue when the water is cold, green when it's a good temp, red when it's hot, and flashes red if it's scalding hot.

They are pretty cheap on Amazon.
If you are close enough to see the LED, aren't you close enough to touch the water? At least in my shower (with shower curtain) you would be.

If you are close enough to see the LED, aren't you close enough to touch the water? At least in my shower (with shower curtain) you would be.
Probably, I like it because I turn the water on and then do a couple things while it warms up. So I can glance to see what it's at.

My shower is a walk in one as well. So you have to step into it to feel the water and you'll get splashed.

It's not really necessary but it's kind of nice.

Oh also I've never had a shower curtain you can't see through. Also my showers don't have curtains anymore, just glass.

Plastic chopsticks.

Asian restaurants that give caucasians plastic chopsticks and a fork and give Asians wooden chopsticks.

I went to CY Noodle House today, I've been there a few times, and I got what I have always gotten there, a bundle of plastic chopsticks and a fork wrapped in a paper napkin. I thought that's just how they did it. I noticed an asian couple being handed wooden chopsticks. I looked around, all the caucasians (about half the customers) had the plastic chopstick bundle and all the Asians had the wooden chopsticks. Also, my dish was supposed to be a little spicy, but it wasn't spicy at all. I feel like they gave me the caucasian version.

Anyway, I'm done with that place.

Lol since we’re on the topic of showers. I hate it when I take a shower after my girlfriend because she just turns the water off and not the shower. So when I go to take a shower and turn the water on I get sprayed with cold *** water. I can’t help but laugh but **** the water is cold.

Arguing with people that have inferior basketball knowledge that LeBron joining the Heat isn’t near the same at all to what KD did. So annoying.