What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Related to the dog story, mildly.
My oldest daughter just turned sixteen and we got an additional car for her to drive. She’d had it less than two weeks and was out at night with some friends. My wife and I are laying in bed waiting up for her when I get a phone call from her. I say “uh oh” to my wife before answering. Apparently she had a black dog bolt out right in front of her on a poorly lit section of road and hit the dog. She called me because the friend was freaking out not knowing who to call. The dog had no collar or tags on it is “breathing, but not moving”. Wifey and I jump in the car and go find her. By then the owners of the dog had come out, a police officer was on scene, and someone had left to take the dog to the vet. As we walk up, one of the low 20’s aged kids of the family pulls out her phone, reads a text and announces “the dog just died”.
Just as a public service announcement: if you are ever in that situation, don’t tell the brand new driver the dog she just hit died. Keep that a secret til later.
The family was very understanding and knowing it wasn’t my daughter’s fault, even stating they knew that dog liked to dart across the road. But IMO, my daughter didn’t need to hear in that moment the dog died.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Which brings me to my pet peeve. People who do not put leashes on their dogs. And people who take their dogs into stores. And dog owners who assume everyone loves dogs.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
So much THIS!

I don't hate dogs at all. I like them. And if I go to your house and you have a dog I'm perfectly fine with it wanting to investigate me and want attention. I'll pet your dog. I won't get irritated if it jumps up on me a little bit. I'm in your house and you have a dog.

When I'm at a restaurant I don't want random people's dogs anywhere near me. There's food being served and I don't think this is a place to have your dog. I wish more places had the guts to be firmly pet dog unfriendly.

Grocery store? Yeah, same thing. This is not the place for your pet dog.

Park, yeah dogs go here.

Nature trail? Yep, this is a great place to take your dog.

Neighborhood walk? Yes.

Most provolone in the U.S. very mild... then sometimes you buy a brand that tastes and smells like mild provolone that has gone off.

WTF is up with that? Is provolone supposed to have a very strong smell and taste or is it supposed to be mild?

I want to punch people in the face when I see them in the grocery store with their dog. **** your insecurities and emotional issues. Dogs do not belong in grocery stores!!

So much THIS!

I don't hate dogs at all. I like them. And if I go to your house and you have a dog I'm perfectly fine with it wanting to investigate me and want attention. I'll pet your dog. I won't get irritated if it jumps up on me a little bit. I'm in your house and you have a dog.

When I'm at a restaurant I don't want random people's dogs anywhere near me. There's food being served and I don't think this is a place to have your dog. I wish more places had the guts to be firmly pet dog unfriendly.

Grocery store? Yeah, same thing. This is not the place for your pet dog.

Park, yeah dogs go here.

Nature trail? Yep, this is a great place to take your dog.

Neighborhood walk? Yes.

I don't disagree with the general premise of this post. But in my first hand experience, have never seen a dog misbehaving in a store or restaurant. In restaurants they are always laying underneath the table or at their owners feet, in stores they are a hell of a lot less obnoxious and destructive than human children.

But in general Iagree. Leave the dogs at home, or in the car with the AC on.

I don't disagree with the general premise of this post. But in my first hand experience, have never seen a dog misbehaving in a store or restaurant. In restaurants they are always laying underneath the table or at their owners feet, in stores they are a hell of a lot less obnoxious and destructive than human children.

But in general Iagree. Leave the dogs at home, or in the car with the AC on.
I'm not saying they're misbehaving. I just don't want to eat at a restaurant with dogs inside.

I'm not saying they're misbehaving. I just don't want to eat at a restaurant with dogs inside.

Thats a fair opinion. I'm just saying kids are far worse for other patrons experience than dogs. I don't take my dog anywhere and I'd prefer to never ever take my kids anywhere either.

Thats a fair opinion. I'm just saying kids are far worse for other patrons experience than dogs. I don't take my dog anywhere and I'd prefer to never ever take my kids anywhere either.
Unsupervised or improperly supervised kids are absolutely worse than dogs, for sure. I do wish there were more options for dining out or whatever without kids around.

So @Beer since you never answered I’m going to assume you foolishly paid all up front. For example you mentioned the $2,500 that became, $6,000 for the bathroom and how it’s been almost a month and still not done. I assume the guy just hasn’t shown up a lot of days?

Ya we were really lucky. My dog has a laceration on one leg and a limp because of it, and a couple puncture wounds on his back and sides but I think he will be ok. I was in the middle trying to grab the pitbulls collar but everytime I grabbed it I wusses out and let go thinking I would get injured. Luckily my wife had her taser and ran over and pushed the button and the noise from the taser kind of broke up the fight and then the owner got hold of the pitts collar.

It was a beast of a pitbull even by the breeds standards. We walked past it (it was in the front yard of a house on the other side of the street) and the owners were holding it's collar and I commented to my wife that it looked terrifying. It was huge and 100% muscle.

Then after we were way down the street I guess the owners thought that we were far enough away that they could let go of its collar but it took off and ran straight to my dog and started the attack. I don't think it really wanted to kill my dog luckily or it could have easily. My dog had no chance in hell. There aren't many dogs I have ever seen that would have been able to beat that pitbull in a fight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It should be put down, plain and simple imo. You should report it to the proper authorities. No place for that **** imo.

I’m sorry for your experience.

Sorry to rant but my wife’s sister and her fianceé got a pit about two years ago. They live five minutes away. We’ve been to their house once. I do not feel comfortable at all bringing the kids there. Kids can get wild and act crazy and I don’t want any sort of a trigger to set the pit off.

Sorry to rant but my wife’s sister and her fianceé got a pit about two years ago. They live five minutes away. We’ve been to their house once. I do not feel comfortable at all bringing the kids there. Kids can get wild and act crazy and I don’t want any sort of a trigger to set the pit off.
Yep. I look at it like this

People always say that their pitbull is different. It's so nice and great with kids and would never hurt anyone. And I'm sure that many pitbulls live their entire lives without hurting anyone or anything.
And I could have a grenade in my house and keep it locked up and it might never go off. But, like a pitbull, if it ever did go off it could be disastrous and could kill someone.

People always say that their pitbull is different. It's so nice and great with kids and would never hurt anyone. And I'm sure that many pitbulls live their entire lives without hurting anyone or anything.
And I could have a grenade in my house and keep it locked up and it might never go off. But, like a pitbull, if it ever did go off it could be disastrous and could kill someone.

The difference is you don't have to worry about the grenade just going off on its own with no warning.

My SIL was a rabid pit apologist. She had a pit and a golden. She'd had the pit for 12 years, and together with the golden for 8. It never so much as barked at anyone. Seemed very docile. She always posted crap on Facebook about how it's the owner not the dog, got into heavy arguments defending pits, how they are the sweetest dogs in the world and would never hurt a fly.

Until she came home from work and found her pit ripping her golden to shreds in the backyard. She tried to separate them and the pit turned on her. Cut up her hands pretty bad. There was nothing she could do. Animal control and the police came out and finally got the dog under control. They held it of course and she visited it like 3 days later and it was just sweet and kind and loving. And she was terrified of it. Of course they put it down.

She doesn't post that kind of stuff any more.

My SIL was a rabid pit apologist. She had a pit and a golden. She'd had the pit for 12 years, and together with the golden for 8. It never so much as barked at anyone. Seemed very docile. She always posted crap on Facebook about how it's the owner not the dog, got into heavy arguments defending pits, how they are the sweetest dogs in the world and would never hurt a fly.

Until she came home from work and found her pit ripping her golden to shreds in the backyard. She tried to separate them and the pit turned on her. Cut up her hands pretty bad. There was nothing she could do. Animal control and the police came out and finally got the dog under control. They held it of course and she visited it like 3 days later and it was just sweet and kind and loving. And she was terrified of it. Of course they put it down.

Man that's a sad story. Thanks for sharing.

This.

And I ****ing love that my wife is bringing our two year old daughter to my sis-in-law’s house next week for an hour or two so she can watch her. Just ****ing great. But if I say anything I’m the dick as always. I’m being ridiculous. The dog is fine.

Last edited: