What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Sure. I think his peeve was simply dont pee in a stall. If you are peeing in a stall, even sitting down, then he cant poop in there cause you are in there. He also cant or shouldn't poop in the sink or urinal.
Back in 1996 my dad, older brother, and I went to the first ever WAC football championship game in Vegas. BYU vs Wyoming. The game went into overtime. As regulation ended, there was an absolute exodus to the bathrooms. I wait in line like 2 people and find my turn taking a piss in a stall (don’t worry @Gameface, I put the seat up). Finish up, zip up, and come out to find every sink in that bathroom being pissed in by Wyoming fans with a beer in one hand. I did NIT wait in line to wash my hands.

Sure. I think his peeve was simply dont pee in a stall. If you are peeing in a stall, even sitting down, then he cant poop in there cause you are in there. He also cant or shouldn't poop in the sink or urinal.
I did recently watch a guy rush into the bathroom glance at the stalls that were full and run to the urinal and have some terrible diarrhea spray all over it, I had to stop peeing and move away quickly. It was very disgusting but I kind of felt bad for him. He really didnt have many options. I dont know what I would have done.

I did recently watch a guy rush into the bathroom glance at the stalls that were full and run to the urinal and have some terrible diarrhea spray all over it, I had to stop peeing and move away quickly. It was very disgusting but I kind of felt bad for him. He really didnt have many options. I dont know what I would have done.
WHAT ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO!!!

I **** my pants one time like 20 years ago. I was just opening the door to my house too and simply couldn't wait. Thought I could make it but couldn't. Having done that, I think the guy did the right thing.

The biggest pet peeve of mine lately has been people trying to talk to me while I’m on the phone or talk very loudly next to me while I’m on the phone.

This happens to me all the ****ing time at work. You can CLEARLY see I’m on the ****ing phone. Be ****ing quiet.

So my google chrome browser spell check is horrible at predicting the correct word but google search is nearly perfect at knowing the word I was attempting to type. I also thing the browser spell check has gotten worse. Anyone else notice that in the last month or so?
Couldn't google use the power of google to make google better?

When the general contractor schedules the inspection even though I told him multiple times I wouldn’t be close to ready for an inspection. Then gets upset when I’m not ready. Dude, I’ve doing your work for years, you know how many employees I don’t have. Did you expect I was suddenly going to show up with a crew of five guys and pound this out?

It started snowing a little before 9am and has been snowing all day.

That's not my pet peeve.

I have several trees in my backyard and none of them have started loosing their leaves at all. Still all the way green. That's weird AF to me as in my memory trees were usually mostly bare by Halloween or at least had fully turned color and the leaves would fall off if given some encouragement.

When I was a pretty young kid, I'm thinking this is 1984 or maybe 1983, we had a significant overnight snowstorm in early October. I woke up earlier than normal for school that day because every couple of seconds there was the sound of branches and entire large trees cracking and snapping and falling to the ground. It was constant for most of the morning. It was an extremely surreal experience with the quiet that large amounts of snow cases interrupted by the constant cracking and falling of large tree limbs and entire trees. So a big part of the reason that deciduous trees lose their leaves is so that the weight of snow collecting on them doesn't cause damage or take down the entire tree.

So yeah, I've been concerned about one tree in particular for a while now and need to get it either removed or aggressively trimmed. But I'm sitting here watching it collect snow on it's green leaves and basically just waiting for the point when it falls over and either smashes into my house or my neighbors house, heck maybe both.

The pet peeve is that these ****ing trees should have shed their leaves by now! WTF is even going on?

Last edited:
Have temperatures risen locally the last few years? The leaf fall might be timed to local temperatures.
Naw man, climate change is a hoax bro, didn't anyone tell you about the research they did on facebook and youtube?

Yeah, it has been warmer here. In grade school I remember being told that it was mostly the shorter days that triggered "it."

I just realized that if the leaves changing color, well, more specifically the thing the tree does to cut the leaves off from it's resources, has a name I don't know what it is.

Have temperatures risen locally the last few years? The leaf fall might be timed to local temperatures.
I’ve always thought (been taught) it wasn’t ties to temperature, but the angle of the earth relative to the sun and the length of sunlight in a day.

I’ve always thought (been taught) it wasn’t ties to temperature, but the angle of the earth relative to the sun and the length of sunlight in a day.
Yeah same here.

It might be. One of the concerns of global warming is interacting populations (such as insects that rely on a plant budding at a specific time) are using different timing methods. If one uses sunlight and the other uses temperature, they get increasingly out of sync).

I’m going to look at property in Maine next year. I read average temperatures there have risen 3.0 degrees since 1895. Think I saw another site where it said 2.0 degrees in the last 30 years.

Expiration dates on foods. Holy ****, can we make the ink a tiny bit bigger and easier to find or see, and oh yeah, make it in a way so that the ink doesn’t fade? The number of food products I have where the expiration date is completely illegible, and thus I have no idea if it’s still good or months expired, is too many to count.

Last edited:
Expiration dates on foods. Holy ****, can we make the ink a tiny bit bigger and easier find or see, and oh yeah, make it in a way so that the ink doesn’t fade? The number of food products I have where the expiration date is completely illegible, and thus I have no idea if it’s still good or months expired, is too many to count.

This is a good one. Certain products that my company produces are very hard to read. And me being the quality department I bring it up frequently. Its shocking that often nothing can be done. Seems like with today’s technology is should be simple but its not and i dont really understand why not.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Expiration dates on foods. Holy ****, can we make the ink a tiny bit bigger and easier find or see, and oh yeah, make it in a way so that the ink doesn’t fade? The number of food products I have where the expiration date is completely illegible, and thus I have no idea if it’s still good or months expired, is too many to count.
Just eat it. Most things are good way way past that date anyway. They purposely make that date way sooner than needed so if you get sick for any reason they can point to the silly expiration date and say, "see your milk was only good for 18 hours, and you drank it 3 whole days later, you deserve to die and it isn't our fault". Everything like that is driven by liability issues and to avoid frivolous lawsuits. In fact milk can be consumed entirely sour, it takes a good 2-3 weeks past the expiration for it to truly become "bad". We use milk that is turning to make our own yogurt in the instant pot. Just put in some milk, add a spoonful of plain greek yogurt and set it to yogurt setting and a day later we have more yogurt, which lasts a lot longer and tastes really good.

Just eat it. Most things are good way way past that date anyway. They purposely make that date way sooner than needed so if you get sick for any reason they can point to the silly expiration date and say, "see your milk was only good for 18 hours, and you drank it 3 whole days later, you deserve to die and it isn't our fault". Everything like that is driven by liability issues and to avoid frivolous lawsuits. In fact milk can be consumed entirely sour, it takes a good 2-3 weeks past the expiration for it to truly become "bad". We use milk that is turning to make our own yogurt in the instant pot. Just put in some milk, add a spoonful of plain greek yogurt and set it to yogurt setting and a day later we have more yogurt, which lasts a lot longer and tastes really good.

Log, we have **** that could be years past expired. Years. Plural.

I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy.

Those aren't expiration dates. I say that realizing that many of them start with "exp:"

But yeah, I do use dates on things I dig out the back of my pantry to determine if was purchased this decade or not.