What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Lost a tire on the way home from work tonight due to a lane splitting motorcycle. Moving at about 70, on a gentle curve, came up on a retread covering the narrow shoulder and sticking about 3 feet into my lane. I went to swerve around it, had plenty of room in my lane, until a bike cut between me and the guy next to me. I had to move back over to keep from hitting him and hit the piece of tread dead on. Popped my tire. Right on the shoulder of the tire. Can't patch it. Bought a new pair of tires. Yay.
If you are in Utah, that's not at all how lane splitting is legal. That sucks!

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Lost a tire on the way home from work tonight due to a lane splitting motorcycle. Moving at about 70, on a gentle curve, came up on a retread covering the narrow shoulder and sticking about 3 feet into my lane. I went to swerve around it, had plenty of room in my lane, until a bike cut between me and the guy next to me. I had to move back over to keep from hitting him and hit the piece of tread dead on. Popped my tire. Right on the shoulder of the tire. Can't patch it. Bought a new pair of tires. Yay.

Your life would have been worse if you hit the bastard, his too probably.

If you are in Utah, that's not at all how lane splitting is legal. That sucks!

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
It's in California. It's also technically not legal here at those speeds but they never pull motorcyclists over almost regardless of what they are doing. It gets stupid IMO. I have watched a group of about 4 doing easily 85 or 90 weaving through traffic moving at about 70 and right past a highway patrol trooper who did nothing. Then about 3 miles later some guy went past us in a pickup truck maybe 10 mph faster than everyone else and the same trooper pulled him over. For some reason motorcycles just have about no rules here.

It's in California. It's also technically not legal here at those speeds but they never pull motorcyclists over almost regardless of what they are doing. It gets stupid IMO. I have watched a group of about 4 doing easily 85 or 90 weaving through traffic moving at about 70 and right past a highway patrol trooper who did nothing. Then about 3 miles later some guy went past us in a pickup truck maybe 10 mph faster than everyone else and the same trooper pulled him over. For some reason motorcycles just have about no rules here.
I love the slogan "See Motorcycles!"

I'm like yeah, I see 'em, they're driving jackasses who want to die. What am I supposed to do about that?

I suppose in some circles that would pass for wit. Frankly I'm not remotely amused by it. Peasant.
Methinks thou doth protest too much.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, it was just too easy.
I had to, I had no choice.
Nothing personal.

If he hit the bastard at 70 mph the bastard's life would not be worse. The bastard would be dead. He wouldn't know the difference. No harm no foul.

Not always, you'd be surprised what punishment the human body can take. People die from the most innocuous falls and injuries on one hand and on the other headbutt moving trains and wake up three days later in ICU demanding heroin.

You may not be amused but please don't call me Frankly.

What if i just call you a **********?

So what, all the online retailers are now including state sales tax? Grrrr.

I just purchased a game from steam and got charged tax. Lame.

So what, all the online retailers are now including state sales tax? Grrrr.

I just purchased a game from steam and got charged tax. Lame.

Online sales tax has been a thing for a while, previously it was to be self reported when filing your taxes. People weren’t so here we are.

Online sales tax has been a thing for a while, previously it was to be self reported when filing your taxes. People weren’t so here we are.
Yeah, I've seen companies slowly start to make agreements to collect it. Has there been a national law passed requiring it?

Yeah, I've seen companies slowly start to make agreements to collect it. Has there been a national law passed requiring it?
It's state by state. Some states have laws that companies selling in their state must collect tax. Not a federal law yet.

Man the train home stinks of moth balls. Eh... ****ing public transport, at least i'll be in the gym in 20 minutes smash out a quick cardio session to end the day.