What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

How about

Times-ing
Plussing
Minussing

Ugh.

My boss says "ok so take the rate and the hours and times-ing them together you get..." He does this with plussing and minussing as well. "so take the cost, and minussing out the utilities you get..."

Stop the madness!

Does that idiot have a college degree?

True.

My pet peeve, like many or most in this thread, is people being douchy. You expressed your pet peeve by being a douche bag to others. The two aren't similar as you tried to make them sound, or whatever you are going for with this childish "no huh" retort.

Your retard of a President lost. Get over it.

Today right at the end of my shift my wife texts me basically asking if I'd stop and get breakfast somewhere. I'm like sure, I'll get breakfast, what do you want? I give her 4 different places on my way home that I know are open (around 6:30am). She basically says "wherever, I'll have ham, egg and cheese." I tell her in very clear terms, "Pick a place and tell me exactly what you want me to order." She then gives me a few options that are not specific menu items and then gives me backup options because she thought they had a certain thing but maybe they do maybe they don't. I google their menu and confirm that YES they do have that, like this, this or that. She sort of does okay and texts me the order.

The roads are snowy today. Not an issue for me, I drive an AWD sedan with dedicated winter tires during winter months, but it's slippery for a lot of people. As I pull up to the fast food place there is a car stopped in the way of the drive through entrance and eventually an employee gets out of the passenger side. Once the car leaves I pull up to the drive through. It takes a bit but eventually the guy who just got there apologizes for the wait and starts to take my order. Well, the thing my wife wanted is not an option, they don't have that. Okay, I make a similar order with a substituted protein choice that they do offer. I then order the rest of the stuff she wants. The guy is having a hard time with the computer system (I assume it was taking time booting up and logging him in and all that). Eventually he says he's ready to take the rest of the order so I give it to him. I pull up, pay and with no other customers anywhere at all he asks me to pull around because the biscuit is gonna take a min.

After I pull around I look at the receipt I see that he got one of the other items wrong and only rang me up for one when I wanted two. It takes several minutes but he eventually comes out with the order and I have to tell him one of the items is wrong and that I wanted two of them. He goes back inside, then comes back outside and tells me he'll "give me one of them free, but he needs to charge me for the second one." The price difference is like $0.60 between what he rang me up for and the thing I wanted. Okay, whatever. I give him my card so he can charge me for the second one. I get my food, tell him thanks and to have a good day, I understand he was playing from behind and I sincerely hope this isn't the beginning of a **** day for him.

Anyway, so my pet peeve is this: When my wife is asking me to essentially extend my workday by getting food on my way home, from a place that is 0.3 miles from our house, from a drive through, all I want is to get a text that I can read from directly without having to clarify or make decisions about so that she gets the food she wants. Because it has happened that I have to make a judgement call and now she doesn't even want the food anymore because I made the wrong choice.

I’ve got a feeling they would be left wanting. After all, not much can be done in two and a half minutes.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Entire lives can be created!

And I think you're being generous. I'd guess 90 seconds tops.

Today right at the end of my shift my wife texts me basically asking if I'd stop and get breakfast somewhere. I'm like sure, I'll get breakfast, what do you want? I give her 4 different places on my way home that I know are open (around 6:30am). She basically says "wherever, I'll have ham, egg and cheese." I tell her in very clear terms, "Pick a place and tell me exactly what you want me to order." She then gives me a few options that are not specific menu items and then gives me backup options because she thought they had a certain thing but maybe they do maybe they don't. I google their menu and confirm that YES they do have that, like this, this or that. She sort of does okay and texts me the order.

The roads are snowy today. Not an issue for me, I drive an AWD sedan with dedicated winter tires during winter months, but it's slippery for a lot of people. As I pull up to the fast food place there is a car stopped in the way of the drive through entrance and eventually an employee gets out of the passenger side. Once the car leaves I pull up to the drive through. It takes a bit but eventually the guy who just got there apologizes for the wait and starts to take my order. Well, the thing my wife wanted is not an option, they don't have that. Okay, I make a similar order with a substituted protein choice that they do offer. I then order the rest of the stuff she wants. The guy is having a hard time with the computer system (I assume it was taking time booting up and logging him in and all that). Eventually he says he's ready to take the rest of the order so I give it to him. I pull up, pay and with no other customers anywhere at all he asks me to pull around because the biscuit is gonna take a min.

After I pull around I look at the receipt I see that he got one of the other items wrong and only rang me up for one when I wanted two. It takes several minutes but he eventually comes out with the order and I have to tell him one of the items is wrong and that I wanted two of them. He goes back inside, then comes back outside and tells me he'll "give me one of them free, but he needs to charge me for the second one." The price difference is like $0.60 between what he rang me up for and the thing I wanted. Okay, whatever. I give him my card so he can charge me for the second one. I get my food, tell him thanks and to have a good day, I understand he was playing from behind and I sincerely hope this isn't the beginning of a **** day for him.

Anyway, so my pet peeve is this: When my wife is asking me to essentially extend my workday by getting food on my way home, from a place that is 0.3 miles from our house, from a drive through, all I want is to get a text that I can read from directly without having to clarify or make decisions about so that she gets the food she wants. Because it has happened that I have to make a judgement call and now she doesn't even want the food anymore because I made the wrong choice.
I can relate.

And this is related to my pet peeve around drive throughs in general with my family. My family never just want what's on the menu, it always has to be modified most often as us on a whim. So I'm sitting in the drive through saying "we'll have the big burger. Oh but hold the onions. Wait do you have grilled onions? Ok then add grilled onions. And make that in a meal with a coke. Hang on, make that a shake. Chocolate. Wait can you combine flavors? No? Ok then chocolate. Large. Oh and is there mustard on the burger? Yeah then can you add mustard? Ok then do that. I also need... Hang on... Can I change that to a strawberry shake? And add extra pickles to that burger..."

I will generally refuse to go to a drive through with my family unless they all give me their exact order ahead of time. So, since my wife is probably the biggest offender, she usually goes. And every order goes like this one. And then they are shocked when something is messed up. Give me a break.

You walk in, slam the McDonalds bag with four sausage biscuits on the counter.

When people refuse to listen to someone that knows what they’re talking about. Just started a new project today. It’s a new building, first tenants in the space. The landlord insisted that he get the demising walls insulated and drywalled to paint ready (both sides) before we could start. The general contractor kept arguing with him not to because I have a bunch of stuff on those walls. Nope, doesn’t matter. So I just spent a couple hours cutting out and removing a couple hundred dollars of drywall that was put in last week, because the landlord refused to listen and compromise.

I can relate.

And this is related to my pet peeve around drive throughs in general with my family. My family never just want what's on the menu, it always has to be modified most often as us on a whim. So I'm sitting in the drive through saying "we'll have the big burger. Oh but hold the onions. Wait do you have grilled onions? Ok then add grilled onions. And make that in a meal with a coke. Hang on, make that a shake. Chocolate. Wait can you combine flavors? No? Ok then chocolate. Large. Oh and is there mustard on the burger? Yeah then can you add mustard? Ok then do that. I also need... Hang on... Can I change that to a strawberry shake? And add extra pickles to that burger..."

I will generally refuse to go to a drive through with my family unless they all give me their exact order ahead of time. So, since my wife is probably the biggest offender, she usually goes. And every order goes like this one. And then they are shocked when something is messed up. Give me a break.

You and Gameface need to learn a very basic word.

No. Tell them, “No.”

No. Tell them, “No.”
I do. That's why my wife goes to the drive through now, and I stay home watching the jazz game. And I give her all kinds of crazy instructions for fun.

No. Tell them, “No.”
Yeah, you might be right.

But there are times when I don't mind or I might even offer since I'm going to stop for myself. The whole vague order thing is what irritates me. I talked to my wife after this last time, after having felt like it has been obvious that I want an exact order in the past, telling her that if she wants me to pick food up she needs to give me the exact menu items that she wants.