What's new

Summer League Day 2 [Jazz play at 7PM]

Dok just slammed the mother-loving **** out of the ball in a crowd in the paint. He looked like Shaq.

Hughes made a shot, which is something to celebrate. Memphis is better defensively today than San Antonio was yesterday.

Focusing on Forrest's defense this game. I thought he projected fine defensively but there were lots of assumptions with that.

Hughes had some good plays, pull-up 3 was nice, he only glanced at the basket, headfaked and pulled up. Had a nice verticality around the rim to prevent a lay-up as well.

Dok is a force but he sure needs to set better screens.

Last edited:
Dok is a force on defense. He pushes the other team's entire offense back 5 - 8 feet. He also rebounds like a beast. It seems he can only play in 5-minute stints though, which may be okay for now.

I am not really enjoying this watch Trent Forrest play defense activity. Lots of ball watching and minimal effort. It's probably because he doesn't need to play hard but it's kinda disappointing. Too good on offense, though. "We have seen enough, shut him down level" good

Dok looks amazing out there. Rooting for him to win the backup center job.
Hughes playing better but I still dont love his game. Great size though. Seems to have put on some weight.

Dok has been impressive, needs to really work on his conditioning though.

Teague look great. Definitely would give him a 2 way. I am glad to see Hughes play better and Doka is dominating inside. Some tough decisions are going to need to be made. If I was Brantley I think he should go to Europe for a few years and play some ball. Work on his 3pt shooting and then come back and give the NBA another try. He is not going to get any playing time on this roster so he just needs to play some basketball. I like the guy and want him to play some basketball so he can improve.

Jarrell should play as a defensive energy player and pick up scraps until he figures out how to score. He actually has a decent floater game, but sometimes he tries to get in too deep. That said, he can do some PJ Tucker things. He covers a lot of ground on defense.

Jazz haven't been putting Elijah Hughes in a position to be successful. They're just handing him the ball 30 feet out and asking him to do everything on his own.

Can't play any better than Dok did.
9-9 from the field, 19 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals.
+23 in 25 minutes.
Whiteside got his work cut out

Can't play any better than Dok did.
9-9 from the field, 19 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals.
+23 in 25 minutes.
Whiteside got his work cut out

Dok has a pretty limited game, but he's good at what he does. He has gravity as a roll-man and has good hands catching and rebounding the ball.