What's new

Summer League Day 2 [Jazz play at 7PM]

To me Brantley started looking good when they got him playing the short roll and creating out the mid-range area instead of 3pt line. Think he has to make too many dribbles at the 3pt line. He's best when he makes one good strong move then passes or goes up. I think he gets in trouble when he starts trying to do the 2nd/3rd move.

Never understand why they got back-to-back games at summer league. Mem sitting all of their good players really killed all the fun for this game.

Here is my $0.25 take. In the JV game Teague was a beast. Justin Patton was horrible. Other guys that had their moments were Kyle Fogg, Kyle Allman, Funderberk and Jarrell Martin. Funderberk hit a couple of threes. He is intriguing to me. In the varsity game it was the Dok and Forrest show again. Brantley and Eliza Hughes looked a lot better. Again like last night a lot of guys contributed. The question now is what do we do with all these guys? Is this a super tryout camp for the Stars? I can see Oni heading to China. Morgan tonight looked like he wasn't into it tonight.

Forrest being ready for real NBA minutes is my only takeaway. Mem featured their B team tonight so of course a lot of guys would look better against much lower competition.

So right now Forrest makes the 15 man roster
Brantley and Teague are Jazz two-way players
Only decision is what to do with Oni
He still seems border line
Keep him or find another wing player

Gobert / Whiteside / Azubuike
O’Neale / Gay / Paschall
Bogdanovic / Ingles /
Mitchell / Clarkson /
Conley / Butler / Forrest

Oni, Hughes and Brantley appear to be competing for the last 2 roster spots, unless the Jazz put Forrest on another 2-way.

Teague's hitch looked noticeably less hitchy tonight. If I didn't know about it, I wouldn't have guessed that he had one.

Never understand why they got back-to-back games at summer league. Mem sitting all of their good players really killed all the fun for this game.
Yes, I thought this was going to be the best game of the Jazz Summer League. Kind of sad they didn't play their recently drafted & two-way guys.

How do the Jazz determine who gets to play in Vegas? It seems like there are too many players on the Blue and White rosters.