What's new

Summer League Jazz vs. Memphis

About what I expected honestly. I knew we would force feed Bradley to see what he could do. He did about what I thought he would - decent post play, disappointing athleticism, good rebounding.

All three rooks look athletically there. Raw, but expected.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Also, for those panicking about our picks after game 1, just remember two things:

(1) these guys aren’t just second round picks, but LATE second round picks. I’d guess the “hit” rate on late second rounders is much worse than 33%, meaning we’ll be lucky if even one of them turns into a rotation player.
(2) Trae Young looked like absolute **** in summer league last year, and he turned out okay.

I think Brantley will settle in and have a nice SL. Need to see more on Oni and JWF, but I’m a little worried JWF’s game won’t translate after game 1.

every other seasons we'd have some time for those summer/G-leaguers to slowly develop/show their stuff. but with a roster as thin as ours, we need players who can straight up dominate/put up numbers in the summer league and show that they can contribute right away at NBA level. every other season we can slow down, wait and see. NOT this season. we are talking about possible 10-15mpg of NBA basketball every night in this coming season for those guys. bar is set higher and rightfully so. let's hope they up their game tomorrow.

I think JWF will settle in as SL progresses and will make the Jazz think real hard about putting him on the roster.

These guys will not get any playing time lol
unless we start signing vet min. then sure, nobody will care. but as things stand, they'll likely have to fill some serious minutes for us.

or we hire tom thibodeau somehow.

or we hire tom thibodeau somehow.

I'd rather not kill Conley and Donovan just yet, thanks.

If we are very lucky, one of these guys makes the team as a 15th man/2 way guy. Frankly, the Stars need some talent injection and it's very likely most of the remaining FAs are waiting on Kawhi to finish his bologna sandwich and make a decision.

Utah will go into the season with vet min guys. Until then, let them play a few games before we start making decisions. It's a long summer.

I'd rather not kill Conley and Donovan just yet, thanks.

If we are very lucky, one of these guys makes the team as a 15th man/2 way guy. Frankly, the Stars need some talent injection and it's very likely most of the remaining FAs are waiting on Kawhi to finish his bologna sandwich and make a decision.

Utah will go into the season with vet min guys. Until then, let them play a few games before we start making decisions. It's a long summer.
i'm sure we will acquire some vet min guys to help with rotation eventually. but as crazy as this past couple of days have been, i hope the FO make their moves quickly.

Justin Wright-Foreman looks a bit overwhelmed by the size and speed of NBA players. It reminds me of when Trey Burke came into Summer League and couldn't do much his first few games. The Jazz held him out a couple games in Orlando just to watch and try to figure things out.

Oni and Wright-Foreman haven't looked near as good as I hoped they would.
I’m guessing they’ll both spend the majority of their time in the G league this year. If I had to guess, Brantley is the only one that will get a contract. The other two will be signed to 2-way deals and given more than enough time to work with the Stars on their development. Brantley probably will too, but considering how thin the Jazz are at PF, he might spend more time called up than the other two.

Reed and Kidd look decent. They’ll catch on somewhere. Probably not with Utah though.

Loved Watanabe last year. Really wanted the Jazz to nab him. Thought he looked pretty good.

What was the game score? It would've been awesome if Grayson played for Memphis and lit us up. lol But the Conley trade isn't complete yet.

Brantley looks intriguing. Was aggressive and did some cool stuff... everyone else was bad or meh.

Tony Bradley looks like he’s in great shape... his jumpshot is as bad as ever... the coast to coast was cool... I just don’t see it.