What's new

Suns Are "Eyeing" Favors

Suns offered Knight, Len, Warren, and multiple picks for Cousins. I'm guessing it would be a mix of any two of those players for Favors. I would mind snagging Warren from them.

Len and Knight are too expensive for the Jazz longterm plans.. Warren's pretty much the same build as Hayward, not an ideal fit either, he's no Harrison Barnes!!

I can't see any way Chriss would be involved, but if the suns think they could get the real Favors next year, I could see them trading Bender as he and Chriss play the same position. Bender would be great next to Gobert in a few years.

If Bender's involved the Jazz are sending a 1st rd pick back ontop of Favors.. and then another PF must be secured..

I may consider doing Favors and Mack for Alex Len and TJ Warren... both are short term contracts and both can bring something this year.

I would be intrigued by Bender, and another player or draft picks. If we did trade Favors I would like the Jazz to then get Wilson Chandler as our PF.

The Nets asking price for Brook Lopez has dropped from two 1st round picks to a 1st and a 2nd

That should just give you an idea how big men aren't really commanding a lot in the trade market right now. Maybe we have an upper-hand if Watson/Corbin really like Favors, which they might.

What I want more than any of these trades is for Favors to be himself again and help us go deep in the playoffs.

He's an awesome PF when he's healthy. We're not going to get another Favors for Favors. Might as well just hold onto the Favors we already have.

That should just give you an idea how big men aren't really commanding a lot in the trade market right now. Maybe we have an upper-hand if Watson/Corbin really like Favors, which they might.
Or it could be about his contract $. Yes, he can contribute. But he's very expensive.

Uhh, we better get PJ Tucker. Warren hs more potential, but Tucker is the better player RN.

Right on cue, Ben Dowsett just retweeted someone saying that teams are showing interest in P.J. Tucker. Among those teams is the Jazz.

It'd be more like Jared Dudley and Dragan Bender or Jared Dudley and Chriss... something along those lines. Maybe a 2018 first the worse of theirs or the Heat's.

I'd do Bender for Favors straight up. Getting Dudley would be sweet as well for PF insurance since who knows who's going to actually be good at the spot in a given night.

? That's retarded. No way in hell do I wnt a backup center at his contract for 2 more years. Withey is the answer because Withey cost dirt for a position we only need if someone gets injured.

I admit I wasn't thinking of the numbers with our own impending cap issues and keeping players. We need a big for backup, Withey's soft as charmin.

Additionally, I have almost no faith that Favors' health will turn around on this team. There are so many red flags about the medical/training staff here. I want Favors to do well, and if he's just going to sink here, then why not get something out of what's left of him as an asset and give him a chance to see if another team's medical personnel can do what the Jazz have thus far been unable to?

I admit I wasn't thinking of the numbers with our own impending cap issues and keeping players. We need a big for backup, Withey's soft as charmin.

We don't need a backup center. Withey has been just fine in his minutes. If I'm DL I'm never paying anything more than the minimum (or very close to it) for a backup center.

We don't need a backup center. Withey has been just fine in his minutes. If I'm DL I'm never paying anything more than the minimum (or very close to it) for a backup center.

Alternately and ideally, you have a PF than can play the backup C spot. If that player also has the ability to hit a jumper, ****ing perfect.