What's new

Suns @ Jazz, 10/28, TNT, 8:30PM

Jefferson obviously struggled at pretty much everything besides sitting on the bench, but other than the 4 missed FT's I thought Fesenko played well at the offensive end. He was one of the few bigs who actually set good screens and he made a several nice passes (one to Hayward out of the low-post when he was doubled that Jefferson needs to take note of) that I didn't know he could make. Struggled a little defensively but so did everyone.

This is the type of team and game that Kirilenko should have a great impact. Melo got him in foul trouble but the way Phoenix plays will allow AK to get into the flow of the game and make plays. No excuses for AK tonight.

This being a back to back has me worried but it being a home opener may help.

Both terms coming off of road blow outs as well as adjusting to roster change.

In the schedule thread months back I did say this is a pick'em and if they lose it the Jazz may only have 1-2 wins for the season after the south east road trip

Jesus. This Vinylone clown posts mostly nothing but garbage as it is, but now he's got a bunch of dross in his signature that he expects people to click on? LOL.

I think that this team will be similar to the Heat in the since that it will take a little while for the new pieces to gel. We should be solid later on, but may have some hiccups in the early going. Big game tonight. Williams nees to take over this game. Plus, I believe that the Jazz normally play well on national TV

We are going to have a great game tonight.

Everyone is pissed off from last night. We are going to take it out on the Suns....

The opener against the Nuggets was pretty hard to watch. Alas, we are a work in progress and not a finely tuned and fully operational Death Star. That's real life.

Hopefully the fact that Utah is playing at home tonight is a big factor, because I am not completely sure the problems that the Jazz had last night will be erased. It's going to take time to work all of issues they have out. Team has to get more comfortable with the offense and start trusting each other a little bit more on the defensive end... it's just going to take time. But I think that the Jazz will get it together over the first month or two of the season.

I'm still optimistic about this season, because that was only Game 1 of 82... Deron has to get everyone on the same page offensively, AK needs to not try and control the game with his turrible passing, and the whole team needs to work out the rest of the issues in practice. I'm sure Sloan knows exactly what needs to be worked on over the next period so that this team can get into winning form.

Did not realize Fes really struggled. Thought he was fine in there.
I didn't think Fes was fine. He took up space and shot 1-for-1, but that's about it. Missed 4 free throws, and did the unthinkable for a 7-footer: didn't rebound a single ball. Seriously, in a clank-fest like this (teams combined for 41% shooting) he couldn't grab one loose rebound? He was the only guy on the team without a rebound; everyone else (even PGs) had 2 or more. Elson had 8 in 16 minutes! Hayward had 5! C'mon Fess, I'm hoping for better tonight.

Still more than four hours to tipoff. . .

Very nervous about this game. I'm at work and can't think straight. Can't even sit still. I try tapping my feet and it just makes my toes itch.

If the Jazz lose this game, I will FREAK OUT.

I didn't think Fes was fine. He took up space and shot 1-for-1, but that's about it. Missed 4 free throws, and did the unthinkable for a 7-footer: didn't rebound a single ball. Seriously, in a clank-fest like this (teams combined for 41% shooting) he couldn't grab one loose rebound? He was the only guy on the team without a rebound; everyone else (even PGs) had 2 or more. Elson had 8 in 16 minutes! Hayward had 5! C'mon Fess, I'm hoping for better tonight.

Did not say he was great, but did have 3 assists. Elson got a lot of those in garbage time when the Nugz had their scrubs in. Same with Hayward. But, yeah he does need to do better on the boards. He would be far down on the list as to why we lost the game last night.

From a Suns forum:

"In honor of a previous poster's message in the last game day thread, I have decided that I'm going to count down the games until we're rid of the abomination of the offseason.

327 more ****** games of Hedo Turkoglu to go!"

Haha.

Also, in case you didn't hear what Nash said yesterday:

"To be honest, if I was outside this picture and a betting man, I would probably pick us to be outside of the playoffs considering all the changes and the new guys," team leader Steve Nash said after Sunday's team practice.
[...]
Nash was particularly frustrated with the process of going from a team he felt was very close to winning an NBA Championship to essentially starting over again."

...the chat box is saying "full" already and the game is more than 2 hours away! How do I assure myself a spot in the chat room tonight? I think I deserve!!!

pumpkins-love-their-beer-1943600

TNT announcers: Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller. Ugh. Like Harlan but Reggie sucks as an announcer.