What's new

Take Your Pick

Dwill4mvp

Obviously the PG position needs to be adressed , if we don't do a trade or pickup a point guard in the draft that means we will have to look into free agency. Here is a list of PG's we can go after.

Deron Williams(Been there done that)
Steve Nash (Will most likely go to contender)
Aaron Brooks (Restricted)
Raymond Felton
Kirk Hinrich
Jason Kidd (If he doesn't retire I seem him staying in Dallas)
Andre Miller
Chauncey Billups
Jameer Nelson(Doubt he opts out)
Dj Augustin(Restricted, could possibly snatch him with kemba now)
George Hill (Restricted)
Jordan Farmar (No way he opts out)
Beno Udrih
Goran Dragic
Jerryd Bayless (restricted)
Derek Fisher (player option and no)
Mo Williams (dont see him opting out)
Jonny Flynn
Keyon Dooling
Ishmael Smith
Ramon Sessions (player Option)
Jeremy Lin
Armon Johnson
Sundiata Gaines
AJ Price
Baron Davis
Royal Ivey
John Lucas
Jannero Pargo
Delonte West
Darius Morris
Deandre Liggins
Ronnie Price
TJ Ford
Anthony Carter
Resign Jamaal Tinsley

I know that alot of these guys are horrible fits, but, is there anyone in here that you could see being our guy at the PG?

Last edited:
If I could have any PG in the NBA
I would want Ricky Rubio.

Bleaach, what a crappy list of PG's though.
90% of them are all shoot first, pass later. 50% are shoot first, turover second, pass third.

The only ones I really like are Williams and Nash...but those two are never coming here.
I don't know anything about Augustine, Dooline, Smith, Johnson, AJ Price, Ivey, or Liggins.
I would really consider picking up Darius Morris just for a spin...

Steve Nash would be awesome. Not going to happen.

Augustin might be doable.

Every time I look at lists like this I keep thinking about Rondo again. He is the real answer.

Augustin is decent and and is actually a realistic option.

And Aaron Brooks was lighting it up before his injury. If he could replicate what he was doing in 2010, then he would be another decent option.

If I could have any PG in the NBA
I would want Ricky Rubio.

Bleaach, what a crappy list of PG's though.
90% of them are all shoot first, pass later. 50% are shoot first, turover second, pass third.

The only ones I really like are Williams and Nash...but those two are never coming here.
I don't know anything about Augustine, Dooline, Smith, Johnson, AJ Price, Ivey, or Liggins.
I would really consider picking up Darius Morris just for a spin...

Why Rubio? Because he can make flashy passes? The guy has awful shooting %. Gives me Deron Williams every day of the week. He always won the match-ups against Paul (which would be key, as the Clippers look like a potential powerhouse for years to come).

I would take DWill too, but he is in just as rarefied air as Nash. It just isn't going to happen.

I don't know why somebody would cry over the list. It's just what is available.

Why Rubio? Because he can make flashy passes? The guy has awful shooting %. .

Stockton had awful shooting % during first 3 years in his career as well.... Rubio by the way leads NBA in steals - impressive for a rookie. And I think we wanted pass first PG? If thats the case only Rubio and Rondo are like that.

Why Rubio? Because he can make flashy passes? The guy has awful shooting %. Gives me Deron Williams every day of the week. He always won the match-ups against Paul (which would be key, as the Clippers look like a potential powerhouse for years to come).

I don't watch too many other teams, but this guy just sets his teammates up perfectly. I'm not talking about the flashy passes. I'm talking about the great entry passes, the pick n rolls, the way he keeps his dribble alive, and I remember that almost every pass he threw was to an open man....his team just sucks. I'm thinking he'll be a 10-12 assists per game man in the years to come.
His shooting stroke looks fine...I think the shooting % is a rookie thing.

Where is it said that Deandre Liggins is a PG? Not saying he couldn't play the position, but he played SF at UK. One of the best defenders I've ever seen, though.

Where is it said that Deandre Liggins is a PG? Not saying he couldn't play the position, but he played SF at UK. One of the best defenders I've ever seen, though.

Lmao good catch.. They had him listed as a combo guard and put him in the pg section. They also had Barbosa and quite a few SG in there as well, I just mindlessly posted the names. My bad my friend.

No biggie. In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to trying deandre out at point. He was a highly touted (5star) PG in prep school. Great handles, truly lockdown defender (way better than MKG), good passer, and values the ball. Not a great shot, but better than Marshall (i.e.)

Edit: shot 39% from 3 his senior yr at UK.

I'll get flamed for this, but I've always liked Delonte West. I think he could look good next to Burks and Hayward. He's not my top choice, by any stretch, but I'd be in contact with his agent.

(note: I definitely don't see him as a PG, but, like Hayward, he can fill that playmaking role)

Stockton had awful shooting % during first 3 years in his career as well.... Rubio by the way leads NBA in steals - impressive for a rookie. And I think we wanted pass first PG? If thats the case only Rubio and Rondo are like that.

Rubio isn't a true rookie without professional experience so I'm judging him on a higher level. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in Europe just like can't here. That doesn't mean you overlook all the great things he brings to the table.

It's not like he's Devin Harris who can't shoot and can't pass and can't run a break and doesn't steal the ball and looks like he's begging for retirement to hurry up and get here.

I'll get flamed for this, but I've always liked Delonte West. I think he could look good next to Burks and Hayward. He's not my top choice, by any stretch, but I'd be in contact with his agent.

(note: I definitely don't see him as a PG, but, like Hayward, he can fill that playmaking role)

I actually like this. I could see a West/Watson back and forth working. Both play tough.

Harris is going no where. No team is going to want him and the teams that do will only give us **** in return. Face it, we're stuck with this guy.

Anyone who wouldn't want Rubio on the Jazz must be crazy. His shot isn't as bad as advertised and he is a magician on the floor. He gets a lot of steals and rebounds for a guard. It doesn't matter because their is NO way the T-Wolves would trade him.

No on Delonte West. Just a big NO!
I like Felton but he isn't realistic.

I think the Jazz need to be patient and see how their young guys develop because they might need one of them down the road to trade for a decent PG.