What's new

Terrorism in Charleston, SC

I hope they catch the guy that did this and charge him with everything they can think of he gets convicted and sentenced to death to be carried out immediately. No 30 year death row or anything like that. Sentence him and take him out back and hang him!

Evil scumbag deserves death.

Last edited:
very sad

neither here nor there, but Charleston is one of my favorite places in the US, plus they have great BBQ

I wonder if this has anything to do with the indictment of the police officer in the shooting of the unarmed black man in North Charleston a few months ago - - I think the indictment was just announced not too long ago

https://ktla.com/2015/06/18/charleston-church-shooting-that-left-9-dead-called-hate-crime-gunman-at-large/

Dylann Roof, 21, of Lexington, South Carolina, is the suspect in Wednesday’s deadly shooting at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, the Charleston police said Thursday. He may be driving a black Hyundai with vehicle tag LGF330, police said.

• The shooting victims at Charleston’s Emanuel AME Church “were killed because they were black,” Charleston police spokesman Charles Francis told CNN’s Nick Valencia on Thursday. Francis said this after Valencia asked them what is leading authorities to investigate the shooting as a hate crime.

• The suspect is in his early 20s and stands 5 feet, 9 inches tall. “He has on a very distinctive sweatshirt as well as the vehicle, with a very distinctive license plate,” the police chief said.

--------------

The white man spent an hour in a prayer meeting at the historic African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina, on Wednesday night before he opened fire, Charleston police Chief Greg Mullen said Thursday morning.

Nine people were killed — six females and three males, Mullen said. Three people survived, including a woman who received a chilling message from the shooter.

“Her life was spared, and (she was) told, I’m not going to kill you, I’m going to spare you, so you can tell them what happened,” Charleston NAACP President Dot Scott told CNN. Scott said she heard this from the victims’ family members.

Did he get some soup with that bowl?

dylan-storm-roof-2.jpg

dylan-storm-roof-1.jpg

He definitely looks like a happy person. Love the South African Apartheid flag. Nice touch.

Death would be too easy. I hope he gets life in prison in jail cells full of huge black men. Enjoy!

So I don't understand, he was in the church for an hour before he killed them? Was he holding them hostage? Or was he praying with them? Didn't anyone know he was holding them hostage?

I hope they catch the guy that did this and charge him with everything they can think of he gets convicted and sentenced to death to be carried out immediately. No 30 year death row or anything like that. Sentence him and take him out back and hang him!

Evil scumbag deserves death.

No offense, but I find these statements to be pretty dumb.

Right to due process is about 100 times more important to me than the right to bear arms.

No offense, but I find these statements to be pretty dumb.

Right to due process is about 100 times more important to me than the right to bear arms.

This has nothing to do with the right to bear arms. I didn't advocate or imply for an armed citizen to shoot him.

I want a court to convict whoever did this and sentence them to death. I have no interest paying for the person that did this for the next 30 years.

Wow, I just read that one of the survivors was a 5 yr old and one of the dead men was a state senator. It was somehow easier to stomach when it was just a body count rather than personalizing it. Stupid senseless wicked.

Why would he sit in church with them for an hour? So strange.

This has nothing to do with the right to bear arms. I didn't advocate or imply for an armed citizen to shoot him.

I want a court to convict whoever did this and sentence them to death. I have no interest paying for the person that did this for the next 30 years.

Yeah, you totally missed my point I guess.

The right to due process is something advocates of the second amendment don't seem to give a **** about even though it's right there in the Constitution as well.

You're original statement is pretty popular and to me it means you care more about making sure a person is killed quickly, with minimal thought or deliberation, because somehow killing that person for some sense of vengence is more important than us all acting like intelligent civilized creatures and making damn sure a person should be killed before doing it.

I'm not going to apologize for saying I think that's some ignorant stupid person talk. You can talk that way all you want and you can justify it however you want. It's dumb. We shouldn't take people behind the shed and kill them the same day we capture them. That's a ****ing nightmare.

LOL

Gotta love Fox News. They are denying that it's a hate crime based on race. They are calling it a crime against "Christians."

Of course of course, this guy just had it in for "Christians" of darker skin pigmentation. But yeah, it totally wasn't motivated by race. It's a War on Christianity. Just like Obama hates Christmas and puppies. And Loves ISIS

Benghazi!!!

LOL

According to witnesses he said, "You rape our women and you’re taking over our country — and you have to go."

Yeah, you totally missed my point I guess.

The right to due process is something advocates of the second amendment don't seem to give a **** about even though it's right there in the Constitution as well.

You're original statement is pretty popular and to me it means you care more about making sure a person is killed quickly, with minimal thought or deliberation, because somehow killing that person for some sense of vengence is more important than us all acting like intelligent civilized creatures and making damn sure a person should be killed before doing it.

I'm not going to apologize for saying I think that's some ignorant stupid person talk. You can talk that way all you want and you can justify it however you want. It's dumb. We shouldn't take people behind the shed and kill them the same day we capture them. That's a ****ing nightmare.

That's fine.

And I will not apologize for saying that I hope this killer is convicted and sentenced to death. A sentance that is carried out immediately. I am not a fan of 30 year death row sentences.

Nor am I a fan of giving certain killers and criminals endless appeal rights. the thought and diliberation will come during the intial court case. That is when he gets his due process.

You want to consider that stupid? OK, have at it. I consider it stupid and foolish to provide all that, or advocate for it, on open and shut cases.

Edit: Yes, I misunderstood your initial post. I thought you meant I was advocating this as 2nd amendment issue. My mistake.

According to witnesses he said, "You rape our women and you’re taking over our country — and you have to go."

Oh, but it's not a hate crime.

It's a crime on Christians.

Clearly wasn't motivated by race. In fact, when he was talking about "raping our women" and "taking over the country" he meant that Christians were raping women and that Christians were taking over the country.

Clearly wasn't suggesting that blacks were the ones doing this. And the fact that the church was all black has nothing to do with it. It just as easily could have been a Mormon or Catholic church. He just wandered aimlessly to the nearest Christian church. That, I am sure of.

Cuz the talking box playing Fox told me.

personally, I blame Obama.

And, the only way to stop these attacks is for pastors to start packing heat!

If there was a chance that a jury, even an all white jury, was going to let this dude walk there may be something to all this "hate crime" designation stuff. He's going to get convicted and likely to get the death penalty without any involvement from race hustlers. Dude is sick and evidently known by law enforcement, just like Adam Laughner was here in Tucson.

I kinda think this is mass murder not Terrorism. Terrorism makes me think of an organized group. Maybe he is part of a larger group planning this stuff(hopefully not) but until we see evidence of that I don't see what is wrong with the term mass murderer.

If there was a chance that a jury, even an all white jury, was going to let this dude walk there may be something to all this "hate crime" designation stuff. He's going to get convicted and likely to get the death penalty without any involvement from race hustlers. Dude is sick and evidently known by law enforcement, just like Adam Laughner was here in Tucson.

That's not the point of hate crimes. If you are charged with a hate crime you still get a jury trial. The increased penalties are supposed to act as a deterrent. Of course it is probably not an effective deterrent for mass murder but the extra penalty may be enough to keep people from painting swastikas on people's homes. Normally an individual would be charged for just vandalism but because in this situation the person is clearly using the vandalism to try and intimidate an entire community rather than just being a regular jerk. We increase the penalty.

Oh, but it's not a hate crime.

It's a crime on Christians.

Clearly wasn't motivated by race. In fact, when he was talking about "raping our women" and "taking over the country" he meant that Christians were raping women and that Christians were taking over the country.

Clearly wasn't suggesting that blacks were the ones doing this. And the fact that the church was all black has nothing to do with it. It just as easily could have been a Mormon or Catholic church. He just wandered aimlessly to the nearest Christian church. That, I am sure of.

Cuz the talking box playing Fox told me.

personally, I blame Obama.

And, the only way to stop these attacks is for pastors to start packing heat!

Thriller, if you know fox is going to say something controversial, and you are going to get worked up over it why do you still tune in? Just click it off and they stop having power over you. You will feel better and live a longer healthier life.

Thriller, if you know fox is going to say something controversial, and you are going to get worked up over it why do you still tune in? Just click it off and they stop having power over you. You will feel better and live a longer healthier life.

But but but they're fair and balanced

Supposedly the dude was a pill popper in high school and was recently (in April) arrested for drugs.

A racist pill popping white guy with bad hair. So basically your sterotypical southern white guy.

What a dump. Wish Lincoln had never brought the south back