What's new

Thank You Matt Harpring!!

Kristen Kenny wanted to return and was replaced (she’s said as much on Twitter).

I liked KK and nothing against Holly Rowe, but I don’t think she brings anything to the table that KK didn’t provide already. But now Ryan Smith can say he got an ESPN talent to come do our sideline reporting so I’m sure that’s a feather in his cap. Thurl in favor of Harpring is a slight upgrade. Smith and Alema in the studio are pure dog ****.
Downgrades at every position in my opinion. And the studio part will now be unwatchable. At least Thurl helped give some balance there. I have never been down on the Jazz play by play or reporting but these moves make no sense. Swing and a miss by Ryan - seems like he is working hard to take care of BYU people which is really unfortunate.

If you were an ex nba player with a young family would you want to spend half the year travelling around the US living in a hotel?

Downgrades at every position in my opinion. And the studio part will now be unwatchable. At least Thurl helped give some balance there. I have never been down on the Jazz play by play or reporting but these moves make no sense. Swing and a miss by Ryan - seems like he is working hard to take care of BYU people which is really unfortunate.
Hard to not agree with the idea that Smith seems to be making sure his BYU peeps have cushy, Jazz sponsored income.

Fingers crossed that doesn’t translate to Danny Ainge eventually having actual decision making authority for the Utah Jazz at some point. To be fair to Ryan, he seems smarter than that.

If you were an ex nba player with a young family would you want to spend half the year travelling around the US living in a hotel?
Me? No.

But Harpring did it for over about a decade. I doubt he changed his mind all of a sudden.

Harpring makes my list of top ten favorite Jazz players. Loved his game and toughness (did you know he comes from a long line of football players? :)) I liked him as a reporter, I think I like Thurl better. I actually like Smith on the sidelines the best.

Me? No.

But Harpring did it for over about a decade. I doubt he changed his mind all of a sudden.

Harpring makes my list of top ten favorite Jazz players. Loved his game and toughness (did you know he comes from a long line of football players? :)) I liked him as a reporter, I think I like Thurl better. I actually like Smith on the sidelines the best.

Smith is actually pretty good. All just warming the seat for Joe "the goat" Ingles...

To start everyone on the broadcast team seems like good people, all are likeable. However as far as who I enjoy listening to, Boler great voice but more suited for football I liked him more when he was doing college and Dolphins preseason games. He just knows more football than bball.

And again nothing against Alema but he'd be the next in line for who'd I'd replace, he can just come across way too homerish for my taste and I think when paired with Smith he can sometimes get Smith to also sound homerish. Where when Smith first started subbing in small spurts he was better and didn't come across like that.

Not sure that Holly or Smith cloud do play by play to replace Boler but I think either could've replaced Alema and kept Kristen and/or Harpring. Could've been a bit more progressive and had both Holly and Kristen.

I actually liked DJ back before Alema replaced him but I think for some he came across too stat nerdy for many viewers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

Kristen Kenney had good energy upbeat on the sidelines, I thought the jazz could have done better than Holly Rowe, She was awful with espn. Smith is average. Not sure who was available but thats the jazz's chpice.

Kristen Kenny wanted to return and was replaced (she’s said as much on Twitter).

I liked KK and nothing against Holly Rowe, but I don’t think she brings anything to the table that KK didn’t provide already. But now Ryan Smith can say he got an ESPN talent to come do our sideline reporting so I’m sure that’s a feather in his cap. Thurl in favor of Harpring is a slight upgrade. Smith and Alema in the studio are pure dog ****.
I don't care for Smith at all, but it's mainly because he sounds like a grifter - enough there apparently to lose his job with the Clippers a few years back: https://www.deseret.com/2010/1/7/20...former-byu-starter-charged-with-stealing-735k

I don't care for Smith at all, but it's mainly because he sounds like a grifter - enough there apparently to lose his job with the Clippers a few years back: https://www.deseret.com/2010/1/7/20...former-byu-starter-charged-with-stealing-735k
Wow, what a sleaze bag. Even though he was eventually acquitted, it sure looks like he was pulling a fast one on a dying friend. I also forgot about him being suspending by the Clippers for his dumb *** comments he made towards the Iranian basketball player.

Nice work Jazz. Now I can’t watch pre and postgame until Smith’s next misstep and eventual firing- which will happen eventually. I’d be surprised if him and Alema haven’t concocted a new MLM already.

I mean the BYU business model of stealing money through MLM's is pretty standard.
Well said Sir:p Met some pretty cool ones, but I gotsto admit, they're pretty much all about the money (sorry, personal ****, in-laws, outlaws and famdamly left me chafed and bitter -ruthless mofos I tell ya).

Last edited: